Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
City return 1/3 of tickets for Arsenal Game EmptyToday at 12:56 am by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
City return 1/3 of tickets for Arsenal Game EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
City return 1/3 of tickets for Arsenal Game EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
City return 1/3 of tickets for Arsenal Game EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
City return 1/3 of tickets for Arsenal Game EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
City return 1/3 of tickets for Arsenal Game EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
City return 1/3 of tickets for Arsenal Game EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
City return 1/3 of tickets for Arsenal Game EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
City return 1/3 of tickets for Arsenal Game EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
City return 1/3 of tickets for Arsenal Game EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

Top posting users this month
skyblueoz
City return 1/3 of tickets for Arsenal Game Vote_lcapCity return 1/3 of tickets for Arsenal Game Voting_barCity return 1/3 of tickets for Arsenal Game Vote_rcap 
TMG
City return 1/3 of tickets for Arsenal Game Vote_lcapCity return 1/3 of tickets for Arsenal Game Voting_barCity return 1/3 of tickets for Arsenal Game Vote_rcap 
atlblue
Wensdi
Topdawg

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

City return 1/3 of tickets for Arsenal Game

+5
Paulpowersleftfoot
Topdawg
titbumwilly
bellyblue
Bewar3them00n
9 posters

Go down

City return 1/3 of tickets for Arsenal Game Empty City return 1/3 of tickets for Arsenal Game

Post by Bewar3them00n Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:53 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/08/manchester-city-ticket-allocation-arsenal

Manchester City have returned close to a third of their allocation for Sunday's Premier League match at Arsenal, after supporters balked at the £62 ticket price.

City have sought to play down the affair and Arsenal insisted they were close to selling out the remaining tickets. Kevin Parker, the general secretary of the Manchester City Supporters Club, said: "It's the most expensive amount I can ever remember paying for a ticket in my life, for a Sunday afternoon game which is live on satellite television.

"And it's not as if finding a television to watch the game on is difficult nowadays. Even if the game wasn't live, to charge £62 to watch it is ridiculous, but to charge that amount when people can see it live on TV is crazy.

"It just shows that football clubs are out of touch with reality. If City supporters are travelling on a supporters' club coach it will cost £30 per person. That's £92 before they have even done anything; add in a programme, food, drink and you are looking at £125-£130 per person.

"There are a combination of things at play here. Some people cannot afford the price, especially as it is just after Christmas, and there are some who just refuse to pay £62. This is also the first time in a long while that I remember City fans saying to me they could pay the money but are refusing to do so. That is a brave decision to take. Soon, though, fans will vote more strongly with their feet and clubs like Arsenal will have to decide what to do about ticket prices."
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

City return 1/3 of tickets for Arsenal Game Empty Re: City return 1/3 of tickets for Arsenal Game

Post by bellyblue Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:20 pm

It says sold out on the MCFC website, unless because we have sent the remaining tickets back? I have been selective this season with picking away fixtures and must admit Arsenal away is one i'm not going. The main reasons being it's on T.V (Sky) the game being on a Sunday, much prefer Sat games few pints after with my mates and family! Rediculous price £62 as mentioned by Bewar3... would end up closer to £125 - £150..
So it looks like watching it at home or the pub! Unless clubs / supporters make some kind of stance against being ripped off inflated prices will continue especially clubs with great away support like ours.
bellyblue
bellyblue
Youth Team
Youth Team

http://bellytheblue@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

City return 1/3 of tickets for Arsenal Game Empty Re: City return 1/3 of tickets for Arsenal Game

Post by titbumwilly Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:07 pm

Hmm I have two tickets, but in the home seats! I wonder if I'll be able to get moved into City seats if there are some empty?
Don't fancy being surrounded by the Dick Van Dykes.
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:07 pm

I haven't got enough loyalty points for away games so I don't bother looking. I might have splashed out for this if I'd have known tickets were available. £62 is a bit steep though and where would you be sitting? Would you have a decent view?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:20 pm

Think it's less than is being reported
As far as I'm aware we only took an initial 2 of the 3 blocks available and returned 1 of the blocks meaning we will only have around 900 there
£62 is a ridiculous price to pay for a football match
Hypocritically I'm going though as the southern aways are where I meet up with my brother and sister who live in Dorset & St. Albans,otherwise I'd have swerved it as well
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:00 pm

the price of succes, we've had it for years, the better your team the more money fans will have to stump up following them.

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:03 pm

And Arsenal are a bunch of robbing bastards.

Most expensive tickets in the land
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:06 pm

Utd will always have supporters happy to pay whatever price to see the odd game due to the sheer size of the global fanbase but its different for City as its generally the same faces who go away so we can make more of a stand
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:13 pm

Plus the Rags save money on the train fare when playing in London.

Overused? I'll get my coat.... bounce
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:32 pm

But true Jordan.....
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:07 am

I think there will be a revolution on the FA's hands soon!
The fact that seeing City v Arsenal is more than I paid to see City beat United in the FA semi not so long ago, really puts this into perspective

Now United and Liverpool fans are joining forces in a protest.....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/09/liverpool-manchester-united-ticket-prices

This can only be a good thing for all, I'd go to plenty of London games if the tickets were £30max but in this day and age it's farcical! And without away fans its going to get very tepid indeed at the games, you go for the atmosphere, as well as the football .
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:24 am

The problem has always been that you get enough supporters willing to pay to generally sell out the allocation. Those fans that can't attend away matches normally, might be willing to pay over the odds for an odd match here and there. Only standing together can we rid ourselves of this financial imbalance (daylight robbery).
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down