Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Most hated Blue EmptyYesterday at 8:56 pm by Wensdi

» Today's game
Most hated Blue EmptyYesterday at 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Most hated Blue EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Most hated Blue EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Most hated Blue EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Most hated Blue EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Most hated Blue EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Most hated Blue EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Most hated Blue EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Most hated Blue EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Most hated Blue

+7
Nijinsky
Paulpowersleftfoot
blueboy
ManCityMan
leopold
shakencity
Jordan
11 posters

Go down

Most hated Blue Empty Most hated Blue

Post by Jordan Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:09 am

Following Shaken's post, it made me think, who is actually the most hated player to ever play for City!

We have Danny Mills, Ben Thatcher, and some will even say Mario (I loved him as a guy) but who is yours.....

Answers on a postcard please....
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Most hated Blue Empty Re: Most hated Blue

Post by shakencity Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:21 am

Just deleted my last post off there Jordan, as i'll put it on here instead........Mario.

Never took to him from day one, he was a prick from the start with that stupid back heel "trick" he tried and failed with in America......things never improved after that. Off the field incidents were common place, whether it be fireworks being let off in his house or fighting with his own players and manager.
Yellow and red cards were aplenty and i can't remember him ever putting in a lung busting 90 minute shift, he also had the most arrogant/can't be arsed attitude that riled me more than you'll ever know.

He also had the most stupidest haircut in the PL, although it was probably apt to be honest. God, i'm so glad he's left our club.

ps. Really don't give a shit about how good his penalties were now either.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:43 am

Hate is a strong word, one which I can't quite bring myself to apply to Mario. Sure, he was lazy, feckless, arrogant and more trouble than he was worth, but I think he was always going to struggle against the hype machine that surrounded him. I remember being in the queue to get my lad's shirt printed in that season he joined us and there was the option to have your shirt printed with the name "Super Mario", before he'd even kicked a ball for us. I thought then that he was being set up for a fall, although I never thought then he'd mastermind his own downfall. Plus, when he left, he was very nice about us as fans and a club, which always helps. Waste of time, yes. Embarrassment, yes. Glad he's gone? Yep. Do I hate him? Nah, can't say that I do.

Thatcher I hate for obvious reasons. I hate Adebayor because of the way he treated the club and the fact he made tens of thousands of Gooners say "I told you so!". And I really, really hate Danny Mills because he seems to have found another way to make money out of our club without actually playing football, despite the fact that he was so inexcusably useless.

And this may come as a surprise, but I'm not a fan of Francis Lee either. Sure, as a player, he was excellent. But his takeover of our club sent us spiralling into the depths of despair while he tried to make a fast buck out of us with that ridiculous three tiered restaurant that he built to replace the old Kippax. I'm glad he failed to make any money out of us.

But my most hated City player of all has to be that scouse scumbag Barton. He couldn't keep his gob shut when he played for us, riled the players, goaded Pearce beyond the point of reason, bitched about the club to the press whilst still a player, continued to bitch about it after he'd been moved on, caused trouble at every other club he played for and then, the final insult, his cold blooded assault on Aguero. He's a total affront to everything I hold dear about my club in particular and football in general.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:49 am

Bloody good shout with Barton leo, he really is a complete and utter knob of the highest order. Mario is too fresh in the memory for me to think straight about anyone else at the minute Wink .
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:58 am

I can understand that, Shaken. I know many of us are glad he's gone as he made it too easy to ridicule the club and he didn't do enough to make all that bad press easier to take. If he'd banged in 40 goals a season, we could at least say, "He may be a dickhead, but he's a dickhead with lots of goals in him." But we couldn't. I still feel he was a victim of the hype, but he enjoyed the hype too much for me to have that much sympathy.

Mario was a stupid child with delusions of grandeur. Barton, on the other hand, was a vile, loathsome toad.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:15 am

leopold wrote:Mario was a stupid child with delusions of grandeur. Barton, on the other hand, was a vile, loathsome toad.

I'd go with that mate!
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:38 pm

Barton by a country mile followed by Adebayor for the reasons already stated. I also disliked Rodney Marsh, he was an arrogant big head who thought he was better than the collective team and he refused to go up for his runner up medal after the 1974 League cup final defeat to Wolves at Wembley which reflected badly on the club.

Not all boyhood heroes were heroes to all boys! What a Face
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:38 pm

Mark Hughes. Mad
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:14 pm

I never considered Hughes to be a blue, he's always a dirty rag to me. But I take your point, if I felt differently about his rag status I'd definitely count him as a hated blue. Although he did give us Vinny and the Mighty Zab.

And good shout on Rodders as well. Even his team mates didn't like him!
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:26 pm

The pointer mcmanaman and the fat waste of oxygen Gerry Creaney,a lazier pair of twats would be hard to find
Never liked Hughes,would always see him as the fatarsed rag bastard who I detested
Too young for Rodney Marsh but he's definitely a prick

The list of players who pissed me off every time I saw them is endless
David Cross,Wayne Clarke,Richard Edghill and Derek Parlane would be on that list
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Nijinsky Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:00 pm

I have to go with Blue Boy, Mark Hughes, not only is he a rag but he's the sort of bloke who's never wrong and blames everyone else for his cock ups

A detestable little man
Nijinsky
Nijinsky
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Strange Blue Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:25 pm

It’s a toss
off between Joey Barton and Mark
Hughes and it has nothing to do with Hughes
being a rag I just can’t stand the arrogant t**t. People on here moan about Manchini,
after Hughes he seems like a tactical genius and a saint to me. Ok back to lurking.
Strange Blue
Strange Blue
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:01 pm

Peter Swales???
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:13 pm

I had a lot more time for Swales than Francis Lee
At least he put his money where his mouth is and backed his managers with as much cash as he could.
Franny Lee put fuck all of his own money in and sat there like the fecking messiah
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:15 pm

I think that Barton leads by a mile,arrogant ,foul mouthed.He is better off in France out of everyones way Smile

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nijinsky Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:07 pm

How about the 2nd coming of big Mal. He Blew a fortune of some of the worst players ever to wear the blue shirt

Nijinsky
Nijinsky
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:28 pm

ONH? Wink
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:43 pm

Mark Hughes wasn't a player for us so he doesn't count
Barton is just a typical scouse scumbag. Fucking animal actually but he was actually quite a good player which is a shame. Bit like the other animal Keane over at the Swamp
Cant say I really hate any player who has worn the shirt but people like Mills RSC & Adebayor make my blood boil. Fucking parasites !
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:44 pm

Turn on the Luton Millwall match and mcmanatwat is the pundit
Irritating scouse twat
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:11 pm

I know.....annoying fucker. Biggest fanny of a footballer ever!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:45 pm

Paulpowersleftfoot wrote:I had a lot more time for Swales than Francis Lee
At least he put his money where his mouth is and backed his managers with as much cash as he could.
Franny Lee put fuck all of his own money in and sat there like the fecking messiah
He did. He'd sit there, lapping up the adulation of the fans, whilst in the back room he openly said he couldn't give a shit about football any more, he'd not watched a single match in 5 years and the main reason he bought City is because he felt, as an ex-player and legend, we'd be happy for him to leech money out of the club. It was when he announced Alan Ball as manager that I suspected something was off, but it wasn't until many years later that I found out that he was only in it for money and didn't give a shit about us. That hurt, but I guess I'm lucky, I should imagine those old enough to have counted him as a boyhood hero would have been gutted.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:24 pm

Peter Swales and Francis Lees presided over the worse period in out history in the top flight and I don't think they were as generous as other top flight chairmen like Newcastle, Blackburn or Leeds in the same period
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:11 pm

Stick Michael Brown in the mix
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Plays By Sense Of Smell Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:40 pm

Can't agree with Michael Brown there Jordan. Ok, not spectacular, but a grafter bit like Milner for me.

Find it difficult to hate ex-blues, but I guess high on my dislike list are Mills, Adebayor and Dickson Etuhu - who left us in order to get a chance of winning trophies. I could understand this quote if he had joined Arsenal or someone, but where did he go? - Preston! Now that was an insult too far.
Plays By Sense Of Smell
Plays By Sense Of Smell
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:58 am

Seems a section of the City crowd saw Mills in the press box when they were leaving and gave him a dogs load of abuse......well done boys. Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:26 am

I have to say I enjoyed watching Mancini's post match interview on ITV. He stood there, head high, chest out, with an air of, "I don't know who this Danny Mills is, but he can shut up about my job now." I think after all the crap he's been given in the press about this job being dependent on the outcome of this one match, he deserved to put on a bit of swagger.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down