Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
The 2011 FA Cup Final EmptyToday at 4:13 pm by atlblue

» Pep’s at it again
The 2011 FA Cup Final EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
The 2011 FA Cup Final EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
The 2011 FA Cup Final EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
The 2011 FA Cup Final EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
The 2011 FA Cup Final EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
The 2011 FA Cup Final EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
The 2011 FA Cup Final EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
The 2011 FA Cup Final EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
The 2011 FA Cup Final EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

The 2011 FA Cup Final

4 posters

Go down

The 2011 FA Cup Final Empty The 2011 FA Cup Final

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Wed May 04, 2011 1:37 pm

Just how important for the future of our great club, is this game?

I am fortunate, or not, to be at the age where i remember the 76 league cup win, albeit now a bit vaguely,but i remember the wonderful feeling that my club, had gone to Wembley and won.

I actually went to the 81 cup final and replay and also remember the heartache of losing at Wembley.

I personally feel, that this game and hopefully, a successful outcome, will have a huge bearing on our future, far more than reaching the CL this year, as it will instill a winning mentality, not only in the current squad, but throughout the club and all our supporters, whom, have had a 'typical City' attitude for far too long, me included.

Winning the FA Cup, will be the biggest statement of intent yet and along with cementing a CL place, will see City becoming THE major force in the coming years in the English game.

So winning some silverware, for me, will be the greatest achievment that City have done in my lifetime, so it makes this the biggest game for me as a City fan.

Win this and the rest will follow, that i am sure of.
CTID
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

The 2011 FA Cup Final Empty Re: The 2011 FA Cup Final

Post by volleyballissport Wed May 04, 2011 2:09 pm

I think that's a pretty fair summation - I was there in '76 as well and winning can't be beaten. Speaking of the "typical City" mentality please don't let us start counting our chickens - Stoke have nothing else to play for, they're not going to be relegated and it's the first time they've ever made it to the F A Cup final - they will be very well motivated. As long as the team don't go into the match with an air of complacency and are aware of the threat that Stoke pose I have no doubts that we're definitely the best footballing side and SHOULD be able to get the win which will secure the much awaited silverware. No joy whatsoever in the fact that a certain banner will have to be removed - much Laughing
volleyballissport
volleyballissport
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AMillionDifferentPeople Wed May 04, 2011 2:30 pm

Never seen us win owt, and hav'nt won anything in my lifetime, so that makes it hugely important. But on the other hand if i was in it for the glory i would have stopped supporting years ago. I could'nt give a fuck about the banner, i'm sure the obsessed bunch of twats will find something else to put up.
AMillionDifferentPeople
AMillionDifferentPeople
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Wed May 04, 2011 2:39 pm

Million, thats the difference between us and them, its simple to take the easy option and support a club because they are successful and to which you have no affiliation with its history and location.

Try enduring what we have had to put up with over the years and see how many of them would still be knocking about in their G & Y scarfs, bunch of glory hunting bastards to a man, i fucking hate them.
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by AMillionDifferentPeople Wed May 04, 2011 3:29 pm

That is mentallity of them aint it BWTAC, i've got a mate who whenever i phone him the first thing he says is' have you won owt yet'. He is a sad fucker though, his mum dad and 2 brothers are Blue's but he 'chose' the rags to spite his old man (nowt to do with em winning the league that year Rolling Eyes )
AMillionDifferentPeople
AMillionDifferentPeople
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Wed May 04, 2011 4:36 pm

In many ways I pity the ragmongs.It's really a team for the intellectually inadequate who have no mind or opinion of there own but follow along like sheep spouting the same bollocks as each other.They couldn't have a forum for differing opinions because they all believe the same shit as each other.If you had an argument with different rags who had no knowledge of the previous row,each one would form exactly the same counter argument.If you know any rags try the theory out and count off the watch words
Bitter,35 years,Stockport,council house,crowd dressed as blue seats,can't fill the ground,when the sheikh gets bored,mercenary players,etc
I started going in 77,I'd been a few times in the years before,but I'd been promised a season ticket for passing my 11 plus,apparently against all the odds,and have had one ever since so I've seen us win fuck all but just the 34 years for me
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Wed May 04, 2011 7:32 pm

Just been for my evening constitutional with the hound and the pub down the road has the usual plethora of Shirt wearing Sky season ticket wankers outside.

CL semi final and they can't even be bothered with tickets still on sale? And they wonder why everyone hates them?

Lets hope they get battered 0 - 3 and they'll be chanting Fergie out.
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down