Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Micah - what to do with him? EmptyToday at 1:49 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Micah - what to do with him? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Micah - what to do with him? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Micah - what to do with him? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Micah - what to do with him? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Micah - what to do with him? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Micah - what to do with him? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Micah - what to do with him? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Micah - what to do with him? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Micah - what to do with him? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Micah - what to do with him?

+3
Jordan
shakencity
Topdawg
7 posters

Go down

Micah - what to do with him? Empty Micah - what to do with him?

Post by Topdawg Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:15 am

Cristalli Richards is back!

But what purpose does he now serve?

Zabba has nailed down the RB slot and he is captain when Kompany is absent.

Kompany and Nasty have the CB slots nailed down too.

He can't really function anywhere else on the pitch so what is left for him?

To be a permanent bench warmer waiting for someone better than him to get injured/suspended? When fit, I think he's too good for that.

Do we keep him for cover or keep him as the last academy graduate in the team/squad?

Or do we sell and, if we do, what is he worth?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Micah - what to do with him? Empty Re: Micah - what to do with him?

Post by shakencity Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:35 am

Tricky one Dawg, but personally i'd sell him as he's too injury prone (but we won't). I think we could possibly get £8m for him, giving us a bit to put towards someone new.

The only thing that's keeping him here at the minute is the lack of RB choices at the club, if Zab gets injured who else do we have? Also, rumour has it Lescott and Kolo are supposed to be surplus to requirements at the club and could leave at the end of the season, thus leaving Micah as the only other recognised CB behind Vince and Nasty.....until someone else is purchased.

I can therefore fully understand the reasoning behind keeping Micah, but the question really could well be, is Micah ready to be possibly a bit part player at the club he loves from now on?..........tbh, that might actually suit him.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:50 am

I think he will eventually earn his place back. As much as I love Zaba, and think he is an unbelievable players and puts in 100% every game, he doesn't have the quality that Micah has. Unfortunately.

Zaba is a little bit older as well. Micah will stay, and soon (if he stays fit). He will be our 1st choice right back. If he plays like he did before he got injured then so he should.

We're looking to be the club that promotes and players their youth team. Micah is the foundations of that goal and proves it can happen. Micah a sort of feat/goal/aim for the other young lads. For this reason alone, he should be kept at City.

I know he will.

How do I know? When I was on the City tour, there is a Micah shrine near the 1st and youth team pre-match area. This is to show the young lads that if you work hard, then you can earn your first England cap, or captain the side OR even get yourself a Champions medal.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:05 am

I like Micah. He's a good bloke and he's been a great servant to the club, always giving 100% and never stops trying. In fact, he's every inch like Zaba, but with the added advantages of being a little better on the ball and having youth on his side.

But, that knee, it worries me... If he can keep himself fit and strong, there's no reason why he couldn't get his place back on the team. Or a slot as a CB, perhaps. Defensively, he's definitely worth keeping. If he can get a game, though, and that's going to be the hard part as he's going to be up against both Zab and Kompany, neither of whom are easy pickings.

Of course, there's always the 3-5-2 formation that Bob keeps trying out. If we play that way, we'd have a pretty formidable back three in Micah, Vinny and Matty. Then we'd play Clichy and Zabs as wing backs. Now if that doesn't go a long way to another set of golden gloves and the record for the fewest goals conceded in a season, I don't know what is.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:25 am

Micah, for me, is better than Zabba most of the time. Sometimes, he does make a costly mistake (poor positioning, losing the ball, not being around when needed).

Going forwards, he generally offers more than Zabba. His pace and strength are his biggest assets. If he just add a little skill like Danni Alves, then you'd forgive all his mistakes.

I can't see him being sold unless we have another utility defender lined up or are thinking of keeping Kolo (unlikely). He is still worth £10M+ as he is young, English and bloody good.

If Luke Shaw is being talked about as a £15M player, then Micah surely is worth £10M+.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:20 pm

I think we'll keep Micah. Zab has proved he's flexible and could probably slot in elsewhere - and keep his place in the team. My cat's injury prone but I haven't swapped him for the neighbour's cat.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:42 pm

Maybe Micah can be the new Gareth Bale. Surging runs from the MF ! He's done it before bounce
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:37 pm

Micah is fantastic with those blunderbuss runs he makes, kinda like Yaya without knowing where his feet will take him!!! He'd be good in a 2nd half scenario, when we need to inject some pace and brawn at corners, if he had Zabs positional sense, and robustness, he'd be almost perfect!!!
Got to stay, he can cover defence, play in a 3 at the back, make surging runs down the wing, and get on the end of balls at corners.
If Kolarov can somehow be a wingback, then Micah can do that job, so much better, and actually defend in the process....
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:45 pm

Actually, that's a good point - going back to my back three, switching Zab for Micah, that would be a pretty impressive right sided attack.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down