Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Would you ever consider selling..... EmptyToday at 3:48 am by atlblue

» Pep’s at it again
Would you ever consider selling..... EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Would you ever consider selling..... EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Would you ever consider selling..... EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Would you ever consider selling..... EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Would you ever consider selling..... EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Would you ever consider selling..... EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Would you ever consider selling..... EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Would you ever consider selling..... EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Would you ever consider selling..... EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Would you ever consider selling.....

5 posters

Go down

Would you ever consider selling..... Empty Would you ever consider selling.....

Post by Topdawg Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:24 am

Now there is always BS paper talk about Spanish clubs coming in or our star players.

It got me thinking; which of our star players would you consider selling if the price was right? And what would that price be?

I would consider our star players to be: Hart, Kompany, Silva, Yaya, Aguero.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Would you ever consider selling..... Empty Re: Would you ever consider selling.....

Post by shakencity Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:36 am

I'd sell anyone, if the price is right. The club and it's future is the most important thing, so any sale has to be on our terms......we cannot allow ourselves to be dictated to by players, agents and more importantly other clubs over the sale of any of our players from now on.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Would you ever consider selling..... Empty Re: Would you ever consider selling.....

Post by Topdawg Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:41 am

Ok then, price them up.

Hart: £25M
Kompany: £40M
Silva: £40M
Yaya: £30M
Aguero: £50M
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:33 am

Dawg - as said above, if the price is right ANYONE can be considered to be sold, however, it's about who you could bring in to replace them that would better the team at the price you got for them, or less.

Hart: £25M - what keeper in the world could we get for £25m or less that would come to City and be better than Hart? No-one.

Kompany: £40M - There are plenty of top class CB's out there for less than £40m - but what does losing our Captain do to the squad? Vinny is City through and through, his wife is a City fan and at 26, he has another 6-8 years at the top of his game. Nobody, IMO, could replace Vinny for what he brings to our team.

Silva: £40M - with Silva, you are looking at players like Iniesta, Xavi, Modric....there are very few players of his calibre in what he does.
Xavi and Iniesta are out, that leaves somebody like Modric. Would you take Modric over Silva? I wouldn't. We could look at the likes of Bale, Isco etc, but these are different players to Silva, though would improve our squad.

Yaya: £30M - again, I don't know of many players out there in the style of Yaya - Busquets maybe? £30m for a player that would pretty much improve ANY side in the world seems very, very cheap. For him to go, I would be looking nearer the £50m mark for what he brings to a team. If we suddenly said to the world - "Yaya is for sale at £50m"....we'd have 4 or 5 clubs willing to pay that. Real, Barca, PSG, Anzhi & Chelsea/United. We could bring in 2 players to replace with that money, so would be an option.

Aguero: £50M - this is a little easier. For £50m you would look at the likes of Cavanni, Falcao for that money, so would be replacements...but as good? That's the gamble you'd take and Aguero is young and proven himself in the Prem. The only other in his mold is Suarez - and again it's a "Aguero or Suarez?" Both are great players - but would rather have them both in our team than just one of them.

So, if you were looking at selling to improve the squad, the player out of your 5 would be Yaya for me.

However, I'd rather we sold the following:

Tevez - £15m
Dzeko - £20m
Lescott - £12m

add £21m for Mario and that's in the region of £68m.

2 more strikers:

Lewandowski - £25m
Suarez - £40m.

Micah is back so can cover RB/CB as can Kolo.

Keep Yaya and for me the squad looks to have improved:

........................................Hart.........................................

Zab...............Vinny.........................Nasty...............Clichy...

....................Yaya..........................Garcia.........................

Lewandoski........................Silva.......................Suarez.......

.....................................Aguero......................................

Promote Guidetti to the bench, keep Sinclair as an option and we can still change formation by bringing on Milner or Barry to play alongside Garcia and push Yaya further forward behind Aguero or Suarez if one is injured/subbed.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:13 pm

Too much posturing from Barca for Vinnie at the moment, I fear his head will be turned. I hope he really is City through and through but the situation is worrying me now.

If Bobby (or whoever) gets it's right this summer we are only a couple of players away from being at the top table for a long long time, but just as long as they don't get it as wrong as they did last year. We really do have to push on this time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:23 pm

Vinny is our Captain, would he go somewhere and not be captain...?
I don't think Vinny is the kind of player who will move because his heads turned by the likes of Barca flashing thier Spanish eyes at him, he's level headed, loyal, and City thru and thru, if his family is settled, and the team are on the up, then there's no point jumping ship, not unless it starts sinking, and with the new Academy opening soon, the "project" he's seen grow from concept to fruition, is still expading.
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:28 pm

Hasn't Vinnie started an MBA at Manchester Business School? If so, why move before he finishes the degree?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:42 pm

YaYa is 30 Isn't he? He's just signed a new contract and is going to be with us for at least another 2 seasons by which time he would be 32. What club is going to pay £50m for a player that age? Even now at 30 £50m seems a bit over the top no matter how good he is, at that price you want more than 3 years or so out of him.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:48 pm

He's 30 next month.

Yaya signed a deal last week keeping him at the club til 2107, anything above what we paid for him would be a bonus imo....but we ain't gonna sell him anytime soon.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:38 pm

My point was this - if we hadn't signed him back up, selling him was my only option. Of course he's not worth £50m at 29, but he is worth that to our squad, as there are not many players like him around - and to bring them in (Bale etc) would cost us at least £50m, that's why I'd keep him and get another 3 years out of him.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down