Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests

shakencity

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
How many games should Suarez be banned for? EmptyToday at 3:48 am by atlblue

» Pep’s at it again
How many games should Suarez be banned for? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
How many games should Suarez be banned for? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
How many games should Suarez be banned for? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
How many games should Suarez be banned for? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
How many games should Suarez be banned for? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
How many games should Suarez be banned for? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
How many games should Suarez be banned for? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
How many games should Suarez be banned for? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
How many games should Suarez be banned for? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

How many games should Suarez be banned for?

+6
coolenglishbob
TMG
blueboy
shakencity
Jordan
Topdawg
10 posters

Go down

How many games should Suarez be banned for? Empty How many games should Suarez be banned for?

Post by Topdawg Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:42 pm

That he should be banned for biting Ivanovic is without question. How long would you ban the bad boy?

3-4 games is a minimum for me, though I'd like to see a 7-10 game ban.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

How many games should Suarez be banned for? Empty Re: How many games should Suarez be banned for?

Post by Jordan Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:49 pm

FA are stuck in a difficult position with this one; on one hand you don't want to be seen as too lieneant as he has previous with this, and other issues, however, they don't want to give him a lengthy ban which shows that you get more of a ban for biting someone than you do by insulting the colour of their skin.

I'm not sure if the FA case works the same way as a court case, where the jury aren't allowed to take into account previous charges etc. What I mean is; can the FA say, you've bit before, in Holland, so we are doubling your ban? I'm not sure, maybe someone knows more on this.

However, if they word it to - you've had previous with the FA in the Evra case, you're clearly not learning your lesson so rather than 3 games you're getting 6? I think that would be better. And also put him through anger management.

I do hope though that the people on here who were asking us to sign Suarez are now reconsidering!

Last edited by Jordan on Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

How many games should Suarez be banned for? Empty Re: How many games should Suarez be banned for?

Post by shakencity Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:51 pm

For the rest of the season.

Liverpool should also put him on the transfer list and we should get him for £25m to replace the more than fuckin useless Edin Dzeko Razz .
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:54 pm

Jordan wrote:I do hope though that the people on here who were asking us to sign Suarez are now reconsidering!

shakencity wrote:
Liverpool should also put him on the transfer list and we should get him for £25m to replace the more than fuckin useless Edin Dzeko Razz .

I guess not.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:59 pm

No, sorry Jordan. I actually see it as an opportunity to get him a tad cheaper.

I know he's a knob, but he still set up 1 goal and scored the other yesterday.....he's a goalscorer.

I know i'll be on my own with this, but if he scored 30 goals for us next season and bit 4 Utd players along the way....i'd be one happy chappy next season cheers cheers
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:00 pm

If he gets a lengthy ban, he won't be available at the start of next season. I think that'll hurt him so maybe he might change his ways. A 7 game ban sounds about right.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:35 pm

shakencity wrote:No, sorry Jordan. I actually see it as an opportunity to get him a tad cheaper.

I know he's a knob, but he still set up 1 goal and scored the other yesterday.....he's a goalscorer.

I know i'll be on my own with this, but if he scored 30 goals for us next season and bit 4 Utd players along the way....i'd be one happy chappy next season cheers cheers

I'm with you Shaken.....Dzeko or Suarez??? Really doesn't need much debating IMO.

Dzeko is wank....Suarez is a nob! However, a nob who scores loads of goals and works hard for his team mates.

Give me Suarez every day of the week in my team over a lazy fucker who cannot jump to head the ball, cannot control it and never puts a shift in. I read earlier you said that someone had mentioned that Dzeko's second touch is a tackle......what a perfect observation!!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:30 pm

He got banned for 8 matches for his last biting incident so he should get at least that. Dont want him he's an animal. Much rather we got Bale
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:15 pm

If we were to get Bale he would be a tremendous boost to us.But do you honestly see Spurs selling to us?Although Levy is very fond of money,as he has shown in the past,and after todays game at O/T I just hope that our scouts have something lined up for the close season,and that they put it into action before the season starts,not like last season!! Smile

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:29 am

I cannot believe anyone in their right mind would want suarez (a) his disciplinary record is appalling.(b) his gamesmanship is appalling, he is an all round nasty specimen of a person who is not fit to walk through the toilet door let alone the front door of Manchester city.
I really couldn't give a rats arse how good a footballer he maybe, I think for the good of the club and lets face it for one reason or another we have a lot of detractors, We should steer well clear of him and entice a far better caliber of player in Cavanni. Yes winning is a fantastic feeling but not when winning is everything and it doesn't matter what cheating little cretin you get to achieve victory.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:36 am

Very well said Skyblue! Couldn't agree more.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:51 am

I was strongly considering Suarez until that incident. If we bought him now, we'd be mad. Yes, he's a goal scorer and a game changer, but then so was Joey Barton - would we have HIM back?
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:08 am

leopold wrote:he's a goal scorer and a game changer, but then so was Joey Barton - would we have HIM back?

Really?.....Barton scored 15 goals in 130 games for City, love to know how many games he swung in our favour.

It's all about opinions fellas!
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:41 pm

15 goals in 130 games is more than Corradi scored Razz

Granted, it's all about opinions and yes, Suarez is capable of doing what we need from someone of his ilk and he's a proven PL player. But my gripe is, we've had enough idiots at the club, I'd prefer it if we had more Zabaletas and fewer Balotellis. We might even be able to get in the papers for football reasons!!
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:00 pm

Barton and Suarez - we're not that desperate. Not the first time he's bitten a player and together with the cloud over his head re Evra - we would indeed be scraping the barrel. We just offloaded one clown - hope RM gets it right in this window.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:33 pm

Seeing as Cameron has weighed into the argument, reckon it'll be 8 games minimum, IMO it's worse than insulting the colour of someone's skin, it's violence,like a physical attack coupled with spitting, if Saurez broke the skin, he could pass on, potentially, any kind of nasties.
Longer the better
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:13 pm

When I was 4 - my brother bit me on the arm - I still have the two teeth marks there. Point is - its something infants do - and usually a good smack stops them doing it again. No hope for Suarez though - at his age.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:42 am

I don't know wensdi a good smack wouldn't go amiss.

Shaken whilst I agree what you said about Barton, The difference is Barton was already our player and came through the junior ranks it was only once he had got into the first teasm that the misdemeanours started to occur, or at least were publicized. Once that happened and the offences were becoming more frequent it was only a matter of time before city sold It is not the same as knowing what he is like & still buying a pratt like suarez.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:42 pm

10 games. Ouch.

Fully deserved though. A 7 game ban was obviously not enough of a deterrent.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:08 pm

I decided to sell Suarez off my fantasy football team on the off chance... Talk about a wise move, his value's going to plummet now!
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:10 pm

Suarez is seriously flawed, for it to be the 2nd time he has done it and watching it it was if he thought it was normal behaviour?

10 games is spot on.

He is a game changing player but could any club risk buying such a player in the future?

Erm, yes probably us ........ affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:11 pm

We could furnish him with a sky blue muzzle though - if we signed him. LOL
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:12 pm

You can't polish a turd Wensdi.

We've tried it numerous times before.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:17 pm

If you've read my previous posts and view on Suarez - you would know that I jest - LOL
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:08 pm

That will seriously dent the start of whichever team he plays for next season
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:40 pm

leopold wrote:I decided to sell Suarez off my fantasy football team on the off chance... Talk about a wise move, his value's going to plummet now!

It's been a bad week for me leo, i had Giroud and Suarez up front, wasted points coming up for me this weekend......good job i'm not challenging for top honours Wink
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:04 am

I'm nowhere in it anyway now, I left the team alone for too long and discovered that half of it hadn't played especially well and my team lost over £10m in value and a shedload of points. I really must take better care of it...
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down