Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
What pisses me off with the sacking... EmptyToday at 8:49 am by Jwils2710

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
What pisses me off with the sacking... EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
What pisses me off with the sacking... EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
What pisses me off with the sacking... EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
What pisses me off with the sacking... EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
What pisses me off with the sacking... EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
What pisses me off with the sacking... EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
What pisses me off with the sacking... EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
What pisses me off with the sacking... EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
What pisses me off with the sacking... EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

What pisses me off with the sacking...

5 posters

Go down

What pisses me off with the sacking... Empty What pisses me off with the sacking...

Post by Topdawg Tue May 14, 2013 8:12 am

is that the top brass care more for the press than they do for us fans. This is shoddy work letting it get leaked to all and sundry.

I agree that Bobby's time was up, but this has been terribly managed. They couldn't even wait until the end of the season so that Fergy didn't get another notch on his belt.

It certainly unsettled the players before the cup final, though Bobby probably didn't help with his man management. When he needed them to run through brick walls for him, they wouldn't.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

What pisses me off with the sacking... Empty Re: What pisses me off with the sacking...

Post by leopold Tue May 14, 2013 9:30 am

It shows no consideration for the fans, the manager or the players and it also shows a distinct lack of class, something we should've at least expected from royalty, surely! And it also means we're now behaving like Chelsea, just keep binning the managers until we win something.

And of course we've got all those rags handing it out. That's the worst part, they don't need any excuses to be arrogant wankers and we've now got to put up with it just because some guy on the other side of the planet waves his hand.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

What pisses me off with the sacking... Empty Re: What pisses me off with the sacking...

Post by Jordan Tue May 14, 2013 9:37 am

leopold wrote:And of course we've got all those rags handing it out. That's the worst part, they don't need any excuses to be arrogant wankers and we've now got to put up with it just because some guy on the other side of the planet waves his hand.

That is by far the worst bit. I've always been relatively proud that we were a club of class who did things the right way. I feel the way we've dealt with issues in the past has been commendable, and that certain clubs should follow suit; Thatcher, Barton, Tevez, contracts only in the summer etc etc. Now we are a laughing stock, classless and other derogatory terms the Rags can come up with. And what's even worse than that is that they are right. There is not a lot really we can come back with, because at the end of the day, as much as we hate to say it, they've got it right. Stability is key.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue May 14, 2013 9:52 am

I'm not saying we should have kept Bobby just for stability. We could have kept Hughes for that and we'd have been a stable middle of the table club even with the massive spending.

Stability and moving forwards at the same time. Bobby hasn't managed the moving forwards bit. In fact, we've fallen back three steps rather then move forwards one step.

Maybe the top brass had no choice to push him now as they needed to move quickly on their target manager. I can't see any other decent reason for it.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Tue May 14, 2013 9:56 am

I agree it was time for Mancini to go. But it's just the way the club have handled it.

- No manager in place
- Kidd now taking the team on the summer on summer tour
- Sacked before end of the season
- Not quashing reports causing unrest for the FA Cup final

All in all, pretty disgraceful.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue May 14, 2013 9:57 am

I agree that stability is the key Jordan but Mancini has took the club backwards this season, with his buys, selections, substitutions, style of play, etc, etc and this has resulted in poor team displays throughout the season. His time was going to be up at the end of the season whatever (and we all knew that), the fact that this has happened a week early is the only disappointment. But we'll get over it soon enough and we'll move on.

ps. I really don't give 2 shits what any Rag throws at me (unless it's a brick or a bottle Wink )
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue May 14, 2013 10:20 am

Dawg, Shaken, I agree with what you're both saying (which is pretty much the same thing - it was on the cards and bound to happen sooner or later), but it seems to me as though you're being a lot more sanguine about it that I am.

Yes, he was on borrowed time. Yes, the performances have been mainly in the dismal to disaffected. And yes, he's clearly losing the dressing room. I'd also throw in the Balotelli saga, which would've weakened his position markedly, and the Sinclair fiasco, which just says to the bosses, "Yes, you spent a lot of money on this player, but I don't want him so I'm just going to waste your money."

But... The timing, the way it's been handled, is all wrong. Letting the press run riot without saying so much as a word to quell the rumours, especially on the eve of a potential third trophy in as many years in a match which ought to have been a nailed on victory for us, was ridiculous. Mancini's complaints about it weren't just pride or annoyance, because he was RIGHT to complain. Imagine if your job was under threat and everyone asked you about it before your boss even mentioned it to you, would you not be annoyed?

It shows a lack of class, which we really should leave to the red mob...
http://www.demotix.com/news/2051175/manchester-united-parade-ends-arrests#media-2050879
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue May 14, 2013 10:24 am

I totally agree Leo, this was handled the wrong way entirely.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 14, 2013 10:25 am

Allegedly he fell out with Vinnie before the cup final too. I don't think there is a player in the first team he has not fallen out with.

The more I think about this I'm very glad he has gone, blaming players to the cameras after games and the like after yet another tactical masterclass from the manager.

I imagine he will cry all the way to Monaco with the £7million quid in his back pocket.

It's done, lets move one and concentrate on the right person for the job.

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue May 14, 2013 10:35 am

shakencity wrote: His time was going to be up at the end of the season whatever (and we all knew that), the fact that this has happened a week early is the only disappointment.

Sorry leo, I think you misunderstood....what you said is what I meant. This should have been handled by the powers that be with dignity at the end of the season.....if not before the Cup Final and not a week before the end of the season (making us look desperate and lackin professionalism).
However, with this in mind i'm convinced the top brass' hand was forced due to the media hype surrounding it, as they couldn't quash the rumours. If it was to carry on in the same way, how would this have effected the team at Reading and at the weekend....considering how it did in the Cup Final?
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue May 14, 2013 10:46 am

Maybe I did misunderstand, Shaken, but you refer to it as "disappointing", which doesn't quite convey the full gamut of my emotions about this. I'm a very long way from disappointment, I can tell you! (Although you may have already gathered that Wink )

If the rumours were true, why not tell him to win the cup and they'd chat after, or sack him sooner, get it done and dusted and let the players concentrate on the most important game we've had this season?
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Tue May 14, 2013 11:52 am

Cityitis... the return!!!!
Well, can't say I'm surprised, really, should've sacked him before the final, and let the boys manage themselves, couldn't have been any worse!!! or 'Our kidd" might've done better, and finally gotten a word in between Mancini and Melonhead.
Exactly a year after winning the title too, well, could be worse, we could've got relegated!
If we needed fuel to fire us next season, here it is, writ large...
I hope the new manager gets them playing fluid, fast, confident football again, like at the bookends of last season, when we were awesome, if it is Pellegrini, then I imagine attacking football is just what we need, defence is sorted ( Thanks Roberto) but we need firepower upfront, lets just hope we get who we want and need, and quickly get over this season.
I hope the boys get up for Brian, and play with some real passion in the last 2 games, give him a bit of glory for a change, all we see is him either wandering round the training pitch picking up balls, or trying to get a word in between Mancini and Melonhead, at least they didn't sack him as well, we do have a little class left after all!
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down