Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» Today's game
Are City looking for new shirt sponsors? EmptyYesterday at 9:58 pm by Topdawg

» 23/24 Prediction League
Are City looking for new shirt sponsors? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:51 am by Jwils2710

» Pep’s at it again
Are City looking for new shirt sponsors? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Are City looking for new shirt sponsors? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Are City looking for new shirt sponsors? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Are City looking for new shirt sponsors? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Are City looking for new shirt sponsors? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Are City looking for new shirt sponsors? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Are City looking for new shirt sponsors? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Are City looking for new shirt sponsors? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Are City looking for new shirt sponsors?

2 posters

Go down

Are City looking for new shirt sponsors? Empty Are City looking for new shirt sponsors?

Post by Topdawg Sun May 19, 2013 7:07 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2326788/Manchester-City-struggling-new-shirt-sponsor.html

Article basically says City are looking for new shirt sponsors to replace Etihad (who will keep their investment in the club going) but are struggling to find someone willing to pay £25M a season.

The idea behind new sponsorship is twofold I guess. If City can get a new sponsor to pay that much, then there is no argument about the Etihad deal not being fair value. Then City would be left to fight over the value of the naming rights to the ground etc. with UEFA for financial fair play rules. It also brings significantly more money into the club at a time when we need it for the UEFA rules.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Are City looking for new shirt sponsors? Empty Re: Are City looking for new shirt sponsors?

Post by leopold Mon May 20, 2013 1:43 am

Oh joy... Just when things can't get worse, the Fail wade in with their size twelves and put the boot in. City in Chaos? Uncertain future? What, did we suddenly turn into Glasgow Rangers or something??

Joke of an article. If we were looking for another shirt sponsor, it only makes the money for the stadium naming rights more difficult to pass by UEFA, who oddly are only interested in our situation and not the rags getting tens of millions for advertising on their training gear, or the millions that Chevrolet are paying to sponsor a few seats in the dug-out. Or the one where Newcastle are having their ground sponsored by the company that their owner actually owns - surely that's as illegal as ours??
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Are City looking for new shirt sponsors? Empty Re: Are City looking for new shirt sponsors?

Post by Topdawg Mon May 20, 2013 6:26 am

I don't think Newcastle are getting any money out of their stadium naming rights. The idea was to showcase the sponsorship and for another company to pay for their name to be used instead.

Our stadium naming rights are ok at them moment as they are only a few million quid a year. It's just when the deal was announced, £400M over 10 years, that people started jumping up and down. But £100M was for the academy and exempt. £25M a year for shirt sponsorship is reasonable, especially for a top 2 club. Liverpool get that much and finish 7th. £5M a year for stadium naming rights is no problem either.

The issue would be if another company took over shirt sponsorship, how would we continue to get the £25M a year from Etihad? We could take Utd's lead and they can sponsor the training ground, increase the amount attributed to the naming rights part of the deal etc. They will find a way to make this work I'm sure.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 20, 2013 9:18 am

FFP is complete and utter bollox and I fully expect it be blown out the water next season.

I see the Bosman lawyer has taken up the case with an agent to find it unlawful as it limits his potential to earn, so I expect things to start to moving.

It's nothing more than a closed shop mafia.

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon May 20, 2013 9:19 am

They could sponsor the training kit, I suppose. I've really no idea, all I do know is, whatever they do, someone somewhere is going to kick up a fuss.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down