Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Sorry, but this is taking the piss... EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 3:57 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Sorry, but this is taking the piss... EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Sorry, but this is taking the piss... EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Sorry, but this is taking the piss... EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Sorry, but this is taking the piss... EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Sorry, but this is taking the piss... EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Sorry, but this is taking the piss... EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Sorry, but this is taking the piss... EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Sorry, but this is taking the piss... EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Sorry, but this is taking the piss... EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

Top posting users this month
No user

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Sorry, but this is taking the piss...

+4
blueboy
shakencity
leopold
Topdawg
8 posters

Go down

Sorry, but this is taking the piss... Empty Sorry, but this is taking the piss...

Post by Topdawg Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:21 am

Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Sorry, but this is taking the piss... Empty Re: Sorry, but this is taking the piss...

Post by leopold Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:02 am

Jesus!  When did we turn into River Island?
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Sorry, but this is taking the piss... Empty Re: Sorry, but this is taking the piss...

Post by Topdawg Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:07 am

It wasn't long ago (maybe 1-2 years) when a trackie top was about £45.

For £90 I'd expect to get a top, bottoms and t-shirt and a baseball cap. I'd still feel stung though!
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:13 am

That said, it wasn't all that long ago when you could get a full replica top, complete with printing and league badges for less than fifty notes, now we're springing £55 just for a stock shirt.

I guess merchandise income is necessary, but I think they'd sell more if they made it cheaper.  If it was £45, they'd probably shift over twice the number and make a few quid more.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:16 am

If a shirt costs £60, then it's a given that the training top's gonna be more. It's all money, money, money.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:33 am

It's all choices......vote by keeping your hand in your pocket, then they may get the message.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:59 am

I said I wouldn't buy any of the new shirts this year after buying all 3 last year as soon as hey came out and then the club discounted them shortly afterwards.

Well, it didn't last long and I bought the home shirt for the game against Newcastle and bought the other two later on.

Pricing like this will stop me buying MCFC stuff like I used to do. I agree with Leo, make stuff cheaper and sell more of it. Get the same, or more, money and make more fans happy.

It isn't rocket science.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:58 am

You must have money to burn

6 shirts in 2 seasons ! Shocked
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:41 am

I thought that as well.  After discovering it would cost £72 to get my son's shirt (and he's still just about young enough to still acceptably want the printing and badges), I was having second thoughts about getting a plain one for myself.  I bought it in the end, but I still only wear them on match days and even then I usually wear the first Umbro one.  Might not bother next season, especially since my lad hits 16 and I'll need to spend more to get his ST...
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:51 pm

I told myself that I wouldn't buy the shirts and would buy my eldest a season ticket instead.

My missus got a new job so I had a few extra quid when the season started and 'wasted' it on clothes!

I don't buy my kids any kits until they are reduced halfway through the season. They are young enough not to even know that teams change kits every year!
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:03 pm

I used to buy them every couple of years sometimes a home shirt other times an away one. I use to wear them casually sometimes when i was out shopping or whatever, then i was in the Arndale Centre in Middleton a few seasons back and saw a guy about my age (50 something) with a big gut on him wearing a man u top and tracky bottoms and i have never worn one since unless i'm going to a game of course.
The prices are ridiculous for merchandising now anyway so i'm saving myself some money.
I have a "Champions 2011/12" sticker in my car back window and the club crest on my personalised number plates with the small words Blue Moon in blue lettering along the top edge, safe enough in Glasgow lol.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:19 pm

last season I bought the home & away shirts . This season I am none to struck on the home shirt but am waiting till pre xmas for the discounted shirts will then get the away shirt & cup shirt. may actually get the away shorts this year also as kit looks good together.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:06 pm

Not bought a shirt since 83
Thought 16 was as old as looking ok in a football shirt goes but each to their own
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:05 pm

Buy mine out in Turkey....15 euros max Laughing Laughing Laughing
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:02 am

I still look good in anything Paul!!! Wife's stuff excluded tho Shocked
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down