Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
You just can't beat City for thinking about the fans... EmptyToday at 8:49 am by Jwils2710

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
You just can't beat City for thinking about the fans... EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
You just can't beat City for thinking about the fans... EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
You just can't beat City for thinking about the fans... EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
You just can't beat City for thinking about the fans... EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
You just can't beat City for thinking about the fans... EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
You just can't beat City for thinking about the fans... EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
You just can't beat City for thinking about the fans... EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
You just can't beat City for thinking about the fans... EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
You just can't beat City for thinking about the fans... EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You just can't beat City for thinking about the fans...

+2
blueboy
Topdawg
6 posters

Go down

You just can't beat City for thinking about the fans... Empty You just can't beat City for thinking about the fans...

Post by Topdawg Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:21 pm

Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

You just can't beat City for thinking about the fans... Empty Re: You just can't beat City for thinking about the fans...

Post by blueboy Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:58 pm

Stoke giving free coaches for away fans.....they have done all season.....one of my lads in my team goes. Shame he watches shit football.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

You just can't beat City for thinking about the fans... Empty Re: You just can't beat City for thinking about the fans...

Post by leopold Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:10 pm

It's really good, but it only helps those who have a bajillion loyalty points.  Which I don't.  Balls Sad
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:34 pm

That is a problem Leo. I'll never get enough points to go to away matches.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:01 pm

It's difficult to please everybody and the loyalty points system is certainly a fairer way than a ballot  as at Utd 
I'm fortunate that I have no financial or time  constraints so can more or less go to every game and generally do but I've had to work my way up the ladder and it's not that long ago I couldn't get tickets to any of the big away games

As it's intended to make away attendance more affordable I don't think free coach travel is the fairest way as that only affects a small portion of away support whereas money off tickets affects everyone
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:59 am

How many points have you got Leo?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:47 am

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the system itself, I think it's a much fairer way of allocating away games than a ballot or a big queue.  It's just that a lot of fans with 10,000 or more points might have balked at going to, say, Craven Cottage before, but would probably go now, meaning the odds of getting a ticket (and the additional loyalty points) is much shorter than it was.

It's my own fault anyway.  I didn't get a season ticket until my missus bought me one for my 40th birthday.  Before that, I would take my son to matches as and when I could afford to, because I'm crap at saving up for stuff like that.  It was made a fair bit easier by having four kids, three of whom are daughters who aren't fussed.  Remember the old City Junior Blues scheme, where you could get two match tickets a season for a fiver?  Yeah, so he got 8 games at five quid a go, which made it a little easier on the pocket.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:58 am

That's the good and bad of the loyalty points scheme. Those with more points can go to more away games and get even more points.

I joined the cup schemes to get more points even though I can't get to that many games.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:08 am

I did the same, Dawg.  It's really helped too.  I was able to score tickets to the away leg of the LC semi a couple of years ago, I was able to bag a seat for the FA Cup semi in 2011 and got to both Wembley trips last season.  Not to mention not missing any cup games at home, which also add points on.

I also went to the Charity Shield game at Villa Park and the friendly against Oldham Athletic, both of which cranked up the points as well.  It's just a shame we don't get the same number of pre-season games at home any more, those were real point gatherers.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:59 am

The only possibility would be loyalty points expiring after say 5 years so the high point would have to keep going to all the aways to keep at the top or eventually get overtaken by the younger ones
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:34 pm

That seems a good idea PPLF.

Looks like you and me have been to simialr games Leo. I went in the pissing rain to the latics match and the pissing FA cup final.

When I get to the next rung on the points ladder, I find there is a new rung added at the top!
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:44 pm

Rungs? Your ladder has rungs? well dammit!!
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:00 pm

does it not have an individual rung...which means:

each rung....is correct, not each rungs(plural)...surely

????
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:06 pm

eh, say what? who said each rungs?
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:07 pm

Well, I've managed to bag some more points in the shape of a Wednesday night trip to St James' Park.  But I've not seen any deals on travel up there.  Or in fact, any info at all...  Anyone know if the club is putting on travel, or am I going to have to get hold of a friend in a supporters club again?  Or, god forbid, drive?
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:10 pm

I'll be driving to Newcastle if you need a lift
Will have space for 4
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:54 pm

Where are you heading off from, PPLF?
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:03 pm

Alderley edge but can divert easily enough
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:06 pm

what a gent!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:36 pm

You're probably heading up the M60 near us, then.  I'll let you know.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:19 pm

Ok
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:01 pm

Leo, how many points do you get for the Newcastle match?

Last season I could easily find out how many points you get for each match and how my total points were acquired. This season I can't find diddly.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:12 pm

Go to my account and you can access everything from there
Basically all games are 20 points/40 on platinum
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:48 am

That's what I do but I can only see my total balance.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:01 am

You have to go onto the Tickets site http://tickets.mcfc.co.uk/index.aspx.  Log on to the site (it should be the same password) and have a look at your loyalty points - to do that, click Account at the top of the page, then select "Loyalty Points" from the menu down the left side.

I got 40 points for the Newcastle game, but I've got a Platinum card.  On Gold, away games are usually 20 points and home cup games are 10, all doubled for Platinum.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:38 am

Cheers, found it at last though it kept on asking me to login if I wanted to buy tickets!

I don't think I'd get a pass for the Newky match. Missus would not be best pleased with me arriving home at 1am.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:56 am

Mine neither.  I'm only getting away with it this time because she'll be in New York Smile
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:23 am

You guys sell the ideology of marriage to me so well.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:08 pm

It's like custard and gravy Jordan. You can't have both on your chips...
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:21 pm

Custard, on chips?  That seems a bit... exotic No
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down