Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Marks and summary EmptyToday at 8:49 am by Jwils2710

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
Marks and summary EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
Marks and summary EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Marks and summary EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Marks and summary EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Marks and summary EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Marks and summary EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Marks and summary EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Marks and summary EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Marks and summary EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Marks and summary

4 posters

Go down

Marks and summary Empty Marks and summary

Post by shakencity Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:40 am

Hart 5, purely coz he lost us the game. On the whole, didn't really have that much to do.

Clichy 4, worst game i've seen him have for us. Got skinned for the 1st goal, really hope this was a one off.

Demichelles 5, real baptism of fire, he needed an easy home game 1st up. Strange choice by MP.

Nasty 6, no blame for goal, despite being caught ball watchin at times, imo he was still the best of the back 4.

Zab 5, not at his best for some reason, think the early booking didn't help. On reflection, maybe Micah should have started at RB.

Nasri 4, none existent, actually forgot he was playing. Surely this was a game for Milner to have started.

Garcia 4, he's certainly strugglin at the minute. Don't think MP knows where to play him, just hope he's not up top with Sergio next week.

Fernandinho 7, best midfielder imo, worked tirelessly and didn't deserve to be on the losin side.

Yaya 6, we needed a spark from him, but it just never came. Tired after 70, but MP couldn't see this.

Silva 7, tried, tried and tried as usual, without him we'd struggle. Wish we'd have given him the ball more.

Aguero 8, my MOM, ran himself into the ground. Great goal and all round display, just feel he needed help up top much earlier.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Marks and summary Empty Re: Marks and summary

Post by Jordan Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:46 am

I'd agree with all of that Den, except I think a 4 for Clichy is extremely kind.

2 at best. Woeful game for us. Garcia played alright, but that's comparing to previous performances. I was very impressed with Fernandinho, and have been for the past few games. Still not £30m worth, but he's doing well.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:55 am

I didn't watch the 2nd half so can't really give marks.

Hart - not his 1st mistake that has cost us points
Clichy - not his first mistake that has cost us points
DM - ok for debut, not much eh could do with the 1st goal
Zabba - too many average performances this season
Nasty - did reasonably, not his fault for the goal

Defence collectively couldn't get the offside trap to work effectively. Chelsea could easily have been 3-0 up at half time. This has been a problem all season.

Yaya - advanced role didn't work
Garcia - ******* crap
Fernandinho - good performance. Is he worth £30M? Not yet...
Nasri - what was he picked for? in that set up I'd have gone for Jimmy all day long

Silva - worked hard, not much doing
Sergio - Excellent performance and his goal deserved to get us something from the match

Overall, what looked a decent enough set up didn't work. I thought Yaya pushed forwards would batter Chelsea, but they just love defending and hitting quickly n the break. With all those DMs, you'd have thought that would have given the chance or Nasri to play but that didn't happen.

On reflection, Negredo would have worked the Chelsea defenders much harder and created more space for Sergio, Yaya and Silva to work with.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:15 am

Hart 5, Agree

Clichy 4, Agree..really wasn't at it today

Demichelles 5, very bizarre choice. Not the biggest or fastest.

Nasty 4, hmmmm, turned his back for Torres' cross to Shurrle...maybe standing up tall or diving across the gap with his leg out, may have been better. One or two times in the first half, was all over the place defensively....Torres kept losing him. Average today, looks more comfortable with Vinny. Never hear him interviewed....does he speak English? Is this a problem?

Zab 5, Agree.....he keeps giving away unnecessary fouls ending up with yellow cards...which no doubt stifled him...however, got caught out of position too many times, allowing Torres to come inside onto his right foot for that shot that hit the crossbar. Got forward well though behind their MF, however, crossing was a bit wayward. 

Nasri 5, Thought he was non-existent in the first half, but up until he was brought off, I thought he was dong really well with Silva. Should he have started, probably not.

Garcia 3, awful. Just don't get why MP keeps accommodating him, as that's what he's doing. One or two good tackles, but that's expected off a DMF.....really don't want to see him occupy a position in the 11 over Micah, Milner or Lescott.

Fernandinho 8, I think he and Aguero could've shared the award. Thought it was his best game in a City shirt, better than the United game. Got forward as well....but for a Brazilian, wanted him to pull the trigger! Great game.

Yaya 6, Looked knackered all game. We all wanted him further forward...but to be fair, he doesn't bother tracking back in this position.....maybe needs a rest.

Silva 7, All out trickery and close control....did everything possible, however, still nowhere near greedy enough. Tries to make that perfect pass for someone else when he should shoot.

Aguero 8, Lone striker, worried Cahill and Terry all day. Brilliant strike. He must be frustrated that he had to do it all on his own. Got in great positions, looked up, no-one in the box to support. In a rich vein of form...his City goal record is very impressive. 56 goals in 77 starts.

MP (5)....bizarre team selection. Waited too long to bring Negredo on and go for the 3 points.
Strange faith in Garcia again. Plays Demechellis after he had only 30 minutes EDS time.
As poor as we were defensively, I put a lot of the blame down to MP. He fucks about with the defence constantly then is concerned and worried why we keep making stupid mistakes. Stick to a set back 4 until Vinny comes back. Use the subs for the Cup games.

No coincidence that when we won the League, our back 4 remained pretty constant. Vinny has been out, but he has rotated the CB and LB position consistently.

Interesting fact from the website:

Elsewhere, FourFourTwo’s excellent StatZone app may well have found one of the reasons that City are losing games on the road.
In their “Five things we learned” piece posted on the site last night, Ben Welch of the website argues that, while City are having enough of the ball over the course of the 90 minutes, they’re losing it too often in the final third.
“City had 54% of the possession, but their passing in the final third let them down,” Welch points out.
“They attempted 478 passes to Chelsea’s 396 and recorded an 84% success rate.

Of those passes, 185 were in the home side’s territory, but only 134 found the feet of a team-mate. Jose
Mourinho’s team saw less of the ball, tried fewer passes at the business end of the pitch, but their success rate
behind enemy lines was superior.”
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down