Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Roy says no new faces for Brazil squad EmptyYesterday at 11:22 am by TMG

» Pep’s at it again
Roy says no new faces for Brazil squad EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Roy says no new faces for Brazil squad EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Roy says no new faces for Brazil squad EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Roy says no new faces for Brazil squad EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Roy says no new faces for Brazil squad EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Roy says no new faces for Brazil squad EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Roy says no new faces for Brazil squad EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Roy says no new faces for Brazil squad EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Roy says no new faces for Brazil squad EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Roy says no new faces for Brazil squad

4 posters

Go down

Roy says no new faces for Brazil squad Empty Roy says no new faces for Brazil squad

Post by Topdawg Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:30 am

He doesn't expect anyone to be included that he hasn't already considered so probably no room for GazBaz, Micah, Lezza and other old faces.

Is there any youngster that you think might do enough in the next 4 months to get a look in?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Roy says no new faces for Brazil squad Empty Re: Roy says no new faces for Brazil squad

Post by shakencity Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:41 am

I've not read this story, but Roy shouldn't be saying things like that, surely he should be saying "the door's still wide open for anyone who wants to book a seat on that plane".
That statement sends out no incentive/hope to anyone else playing this season.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Roy says no new faces for Brazil squad Empty Re: Roy says no new faces for Brazil squad

Post by Topdawg Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:51 am

I agree Den, but those players shouldn't need the incentive of going to Brazil to play out of their skins for their clubs.

What if Zaha goes on loan in January to a premier league club and bangs in 10 goals in 3 months? Is he just not considered at all?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:20 am

Topdawg wrote:I agree Den, but those players shouldn't need the incentive of going to Brazil to play out of their skins for their clubs.
True.  Their incentive should be the success of their club.

But I know what Shaken means.  If this is true and Roy has said he has his squad, then the chosen 24 can sit back and do nothing to earn the right to keep their place, thus continuing the sense of entitlement that I believe has been in the camp for the last 20-odd years:  Those that have a place have a smug air of, "It doesn't matter now, I'm going to the World Cup and I'm untouchable."  I hate that.

Of course, the fact we still have a couple of friendlies between now and the flight to Rio should mean he's got time to consider others.  Maybe he should try that.  Maybe he should get the FA to buy 40 tickets and ship everyone over to Brazil and then only name the squad at the last second, to keep them on their toes.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:44 am

I think he has 30 names in mind, so some know they won't be going so maybe they'll pick their game up.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:20 pm

Doesn't really make much odds who he sends TBH - Cant see us getting too far in the competition unless we can avoid Spain Germany Belgium Italy Holland Portugal Russia France Argentina Brazil Chile lol
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down