Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
What would you take from the Bayern game??? Formation and team. EmptyToday at 8:49 am by Jwils2710

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
What would you take from the Bayern game??? Formation and team. EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
What would you take from the Bayern game??? Formation and team. EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
What would you take from the Bayern game??? Formation and team. EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
What would you take from the Bayern game??? Formation and team. EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
What would you take from the Bayern game??? Formation and team. EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
What would you take from the Bayern game??? Formation and team. EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
What would you take from the Bayern game??? Formation and team. EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
What would you take from the Bayern game??? Formation and team. EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
What would you take from the Bayern game??? Formation and team. EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

What would you take from the Bayern game??? Formation and team.

+3
Mainerdwasmychurch
shakencity
Topdawg
7 posters

Go down

What would you take from the Bayern game??? Formation and team. Empty What would you take from the Bayern game??? Formation and team.

Post by Topdawg Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:33 am

I'd honestly be happy with a much improved performance, a draw would be good for me. It's not a dead rubber as I'm sure they want to finish top of the group and continue their winning streak.

For the formation, I think we just have to go with 4-5-1.

Hart
Zabba, Kompany, Nasty, Clichy
Silva/Milner, Yaya, Fernandinho, Aguero, Nasri
Negredo

I still want Aguero and Negredo up top as they are one of the reasons we have a chance but I'd also want them dropping back into midfield to help out.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

What would you take from the Bayern game??? Formation and team. Empty Re: What would you take from the Bayern game??? Formation and team.

Post by shakencity Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:30 am

I actually wondered why he brought Yaya on last night and wondered even more why he did that stupid kung-fu challenge in injury time at 4-2 up.
All was made clear on Sky this morning......he's suspended for the Bayern game now, leaving him clear to play in the knock-out stages. 

4-5-1 is the formation and i'd use Negredo as the "1" with Aguero somewhere behind him. We'll go with a strong team, but i don't know if it'll be as strong as that Dawg.....Garcia for Yaya maybe Shocked.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

What would you take from the Bayern game??? Formation and team. Empty Re: What would you take from the Bayern game??? Formation and team.

Post by Topdawg Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:48 am

Oh yes, Martin Tyler said about the yellow card as soon as he came on. Swap Yaya for Rodwellian. Yes, I'm advocating that Jack changes his surname, even drop 'Jack' so that he has more chance of playing when fit.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainerdwasmychurch Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:02 am

I think the result at bayern will depend largely on what kind of team pep puts out against us. I think that MP realises getting any kind of result there if we are against their first choice XI is beyond us......not because we won't create opportunities.....but because our defense is not up to it right now and we get exposed time and time again.......and bayern will not waste opportunities like plzen last night. For me MP should put out his weakest side that won't get humiliated......to beat them by the 3 or 4 goals to go top of the group without conceding is a near impossible task that doesn't need to be attempted. As long as we don't get a morale sapping hammering I will be happy....ish.......we have qualified for knock stages regardless....

Mainerdwasmychurch
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:37 am

4 days later we have Arsenal at home which is 100x more important than this game now as BM won last night. If they had lost, I'd say both may be as equally important...but not now.

Therefore, I tend to agree with MWMC.

We want NO injuries going into the Arsenal game as it's going to be so important we win that and reduce the gap in the PL.

So for me, with it still 2 weeks away:

..................................Pants......................................

Micah.............Boyata...................Lescott...........Kolorov..

...................................Garcia........................................

.....Milner....................................................Rodwell.........

.................Guidetti..............................Lopez..................

...................................Dzeko........................................

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:51 am

Sorry bluey, that team would get us humiliated. And that would be against their 2nd team. 

I still think we need to go out with a strong team as getting beat 6-0 would cause us some some problems in the head.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:17 am

tbf...i don't care if we got beat 6-0, as most of these players won't play regularly.

The Arsenal game is MASSIVE...and only 4 days later.

And I don't expect ANY of those players above to start.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:26 am

I hope none of those players start against Arsenal, but I don't want us getting humiliated as it's a squad thing. Even if none of the players playing against Arsenal are involved in a hammering, it will still have some affect.

Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:50 am

I know Aguero knew before the game last night he was only playing 45 mins, he still took a knock in the challenge with Milner and their LB.

If we look to have Vinny, Silva and Hart available for the Arsenal game - Yaya is suspended...who else would you want to make sure plays against Arsenal?

Aguero
Negredo
Fernandinho
Nasri
Nasty
Zaba
Clichy

Out of these above, Aguero, Negredo and Fernando MUST be fit for the Arsenal game. If Clichy got injured, would anyone be happy with Kolorov at LB against Walcott? I know Clichy had a poor game against Chelsea, but he's quicker, more defensive minded than Kolorov.

Therefore, we must make sure the following are fit/ready for the Arsenal game:

Kompany
Nasty
Clichy

Fernando
Yaya
Nasri - back against Arsenal

Aguero
Negredo

For me, I want our best defenders, Yaya, Fernando and Silva definitely playing, and possibly make sure Nasri is fit.

And both Aguero and Aguero.

So you could play:

Pants/Hart
Zaba/Micah

Navas/Nasri/Milner

I really wouldn't want any of my key players anyway near the BM game.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:56 am

I think Demichellis is doing ok at the minute, it wouldn't bother me if he partnered Vince at CB at all.

Thought Micah was poor last night, so Zabs in too. My starting 11 at the Arse would be (imo) our strongest team and that is:

.................Hart
Zab, Vince, Demichellis, Clichy.
Nasri....Yaya...Fernandinho..Silva
.......Aguero...Negredo
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:01 am

Its a tough call then bluey. I'd still go with Harty in goal, Zabba at RB, I'd play Nasty ad Clichy because I'd be happy enough with Lezza as a replacement for either in the Asrenal game (esp. if Kompany is fit).

Dzeko can play instead of Negredo but that weakens us a bit too much for my liking. Silva won't play so I'd have Nasri playing. If he's injured, then we go into the Arsenal game with Silva.

We'd have to be bloody unlucky to lose 3 or 4 major players in one match.

Hart
Zabba, DM, Nasty, Clichy
Rodwell, Fernandinho
Milner, Jovetic, Nasri
Negredo

If we have any injuries, we should have good enough cover for the Arsenal game. It also kind of depends on how both teams fare between now and then.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:26 am

On current form, I'd rather keep Nasri back for the Arsenal game.  By all means, have him on the bench or replace him after 45 minutes or something, but he's been our best playmaker this season and I think we'll need him against the gooners.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:49 am

How do we top the group?

Do we need to win 4-0?
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:52 am

Jordan wrote:How do we top the group?

Do we need to win 4-0?
Just better Bayerns win at City....3-0 will do.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:04 am

shakencity wrote:

Do we need to win 4-0?
So, we're 2nd then.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:37 am

Jordan wrote:
shakencity wrote:

Do we need to win 4-0?
So, we're 2nd then.
Pretty much.  We'd need to win by 3 clear goals, so 4-1, 5-2... you get the idea.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:38 am

Yep, 3pts behind
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:00 pm

Have to agree with Blueboy & MWMC on this
We have virtually no chance of beating Bayern at all never mind 3-0 so we need to fully concentrate on the Goon game
I would put the weakest team available out. Play Dzeko up front on his tod and 5 across the MF if need be. That should limit the damage
The 2nd team are also professional footballers as far as Im aware so they should be putting everything into it to show MP what they can do and why they should be in the 1st team

Last edited by TMG on Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:06 pm

TMG wrote:Have to agree with Blueboy on this
We have virtually no chance of beating Bayern at all never mind 3-0 so we need to fully concentrate on the Goon game
I would put the weakest team available out. Play Dzeko up front on his tod and 5 across the MF if need be. That should limit the damage
The 2nd team are also professional footballers as far as Im aware so they should be putting everything into it to show MP what they can do and why they should be in the 1st team
Our only chance is if they play their kids and we play ours...Very Happy 

The 2nd team may be pro's, but look at that performance last night, a lot of second stringers in there and we came close to losing the plot entirely.  Out of the team that started, the standouts were Ferd, Nasri and Aguero - all first 11 players and head and shoulders ahead of everyone else.  None of that back four had it together, all stood off too much.  Milner wasn't on his game and the less said about Dzeko and Garcia, the better.

I suspect Bayern won't bother with a strong team either, though, they're pretty much through and I doubt we'd beat them by three clear goals.  I reckon we'd struggle to beat them, full stop.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:15 pm

Yep Leo I agree and if the 2nd stringers don't perform then we should be shipping them out and getting people in who will
For me Kolarov, Garcia, Dzeko, Boyata and probably Lescott & Micah all need to move on.  Give some of the youth a chance and buy some better replacements
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:40 pm

TMG wrote:Yep Leo I agree and if the 2nd stringers don't perform then we should be shipping them out and getting people in who will
For me Kolarov, Garcia, Dzeko, Boyata and probably Lescott & Micah all need to move on.  Give some of the youth a chance and buy some better replacements
Can't argue with any of that.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down