Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
..Dzeko... EmptyYesterday at 1:49 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
..Dzeko... EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
..Dzeko... EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
..Dzeko... EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
..Dzeko... EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
..Dzeko... EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
..Dzeko... EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
..Dzeko... EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
..Dzeko... EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
..Dzeko... EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

..Dzeko...

+5
leopold
Jordan
Topdawg
blueboy
shakencity
9 posters

Go down

..Dzeko... Empty ..Dzeko...

Post by shakencity Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:22 am

Sorry, but he can just fuck right off.

I honestly don't care if any of you defend him with the "he scored again" line, or "his goalscoring record for us is brilliant" or "we don't play to his strengths"......he's shit and yes i mean SHIT.

His performance last night was nothing short of shocking and embarrassing and if any of you disagree, then i'm sorry but you're deluded (don't take it personally Wink). Ship him out in January i say.

Harsh?...maybe, but i don't care.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

..Dzeko... Empty Re: ..Dzeko...

Post by blueboy Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:26 am

Shaken, I'm with you on this. I posted at half-time, Dzeko plays as if he's wearing squared-toed diving boots.

His touch is awful, his passing is just as bad. Yes, he scored a good header, but he only jumps for a ball in the air if he thinks he can score.

I know some will say he's been out of the team...but as the commentators said last night, he needs to be ready and put everything in when he gets a chance, but he just doesn't.

Negredo came on...his work rate, tackling, passing, spacial awareness...was all 100% better in the time he was on the pitch than Dzeko's.

He has to go in January, because if Aguero or Negredo, or god forbid both were injured, suspended...I'd really worry relying on him to lead the line.

And I neither care..he's poor and with him and Negredo on the pitch together, it just showed the gulf in class, effort and technique between the two.

Last edited by blueboy on Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:46 am

I've always been on his side, but he didn't care last night. Sulked and knew he wouldn't play at he weekend even if he scored 5 goals.

Who would we get in his place though that would be good enough and accept being number 3 striker?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:51 am

Lewandowski....straight swap. His deals not done yet.

I think he would adapt to the PL really well...and he can play wide if needed, so gives us more options.

I think also, he could give us a degree of flexibility with Aguero/Negredo...as he can also play a no.10 role.

Fucking hell..I'd even take Jermain Defoe over Dzeko!!Very Happy
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:54 am

Let's forget Lewandowski s he'll most likely go to Bayern (whatever the papers say) and I'm not sure any of Aguero, Lewandowski or Negredo would be happy as a number 3. That's one of Dzeko's problems.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:02 am

We don't need Dzeko. Aguero, Negredo, Jovetic and Guidetti should be plenty. We are scoring goals from midfield now as well, similar to Arsenal and all they have is Giroud.

Ship Dzeko off, but I don't think we need anyone. We are just causing ourselves problems in terms of keeping strikers happy. Aguero is first name on the team sheet, and his partnership with Beast is working well. Jovetic will be our backup, although I think he looks quality and I'm excited to see more of him.

I do feel sorry for Dzeko. He has a great pre-season, and a great start to the season, bangs a few in and gets dropped. Not his fault, Negredo is just a better all round option for the team. Unfortunately. I guarantee you send Dzeko to the Tottenhams, Newcastle's of the league and he'll be scoring for fun week in week out.

The worst thing we could do is send him to Arsenal. We're better sending him abroad.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:03 am

Jordan wrote:We don't need Dzeko. Aguero, Negredo, Jovetic and Guidetti should be plenty. We are scoring goals from midfield now as well, similar to Arsenal and all they have is Giroud.

Ship Dzeko off, but I don't think we need anyone. We are just causing ourselves problems in terms of keeping strikers happy. Aguero is first name on the team sheet, and his partnership with Beast is working well. Jovetic will be our backup, although I think he looks quality and I'm excited to see more of him.

I do feel sorry for Dzeko. He has a great pre-season, and a great start to the season, bangs a few in and gets dropped. Not his fault, Negredo is just a better all round option for the team. Unfortunately. I guarantee you send Dzeko to the Tottenhams, Newcastle's of the league and he'll be scoring for fun week in week out.

The worst thing we could do is send him to Arsenal. We're better sending him abroad.
Fair post this Jordan....agree wholeheartedly.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:15 am

I'd be worried about having Guidetti and Jovetic as our back up. Jovetic has been injured most of the season and Guidetti is just coming back from almost 18 months out.

That isn't good enough really as back up.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:20 am

Topdawg wrote:I'd be worried about having Guidetti and Jovetic as our back up. Jovetic has been injured most of the season and Guidetti is just coming back from almost 18 months out.

That isn't good enough really as back up.
i agree...Guidetti is still an unknown quality in the PL....he hasn't played top flight football for over a year....Jovetic, jury is still out as we haven't seen enough of him, so to sell Dzeko and not replace him, with 5 weeks to go to the Jan transfer window, and rely on these two mentioned players, would be suicidal in my opinion.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:29 am

Arsenal have been lucky Giroud hasn't been suspended or injured as relying on Bentner would have been suicidal. Now that Walcott is back for them, their worries should subside.

We can't afford to take that risk because it is our attack that is carrying us.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:51 am

blueboy wrote:Shaken, I'm with you on this. I posted at half-time, Dzeko plays as if he's wearing squared-toed diving boots.
That's odd...  The guy behind me last night said exactly the same thing.  It wasn't you, was it?

But I have to agree, Dzeko looked thoroughly disinterested last night.  I don't buy the whole "we don't play to his strengths" thing, we had Milner, Navas, Richards and Kolarov all dropping balls into him last night and the only thing he did was nod in a goal when he had no competition for it.  He even missed opportunities that his goal reel on Youtube shows him popping in for fun.

89 minutes of lolling around and then scoring a solitary goal that any half capable CF could score isn't anywhere near good enough.  Especially when you compare that to Nedge, who came on and scored inside five minutes.

He has to go.  And we need a replacement because our backup strikers aren't fit.  I'd have Defoe too, he's used to being the backup striker, he's English (so suits the homegrown thing) and he's got a decent finish.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:55 am

I text my cousin at HT and said it....not sure where he was sat though.

Can you imagine a forward line of:

Navas.........Nasri........Silva

.......Defoe.........Aguero.....

It'd look like an U12's team.affraid
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:14 am

Yeah, but an under 12s team that's been undefeated for years Very Happy
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:42 am

jovetic has the advantage he looks like he can play from wide or behind also, Dzeko is up top or nowhere...
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:54 pm

Going back to the arsenal point Podolski was injured very early on he would've been the other striker option. Defoe will not play second fiddle again that is why he wants away from spurs. The only way Defoe would come is if he was guaranteed game time not just cup matches.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:28 pm

I don't think anybody is really saying that Defoe is a viable option Oz.Laughing
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:40 pm

We do not need Defoe,what we need is another Kompany or two.Zabaleta is the only reliable defender we have at the moment,and we need to get some decent players in January,if we are to have any chance in the Prem. or the Champs in the newyear. Napoli have said they are interested in Garcia,and although his last coupled of games have been not too bad we should cash in on him:P Razz

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:49 pm

coolenglishbob wrote:We do not need Defoe,what we need is another Kompany or two.Zabaleta is the only reliable defender we have at the moment,and we need to get some decent players in January,if we are to have any chance in the Prem. or the Champs in the newyear. Napoli have said they are interested in Garcia,and although his last coupled of games have been not too bad we should cash in on him:P Razz
last couple of games not too bad???? last night he didn't track back and left his player to shoot freely at Hart from the edge of the area......he's a wank stain on our squad.Evil or Very Mad
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:54 pm

I think we are all of a similar mind here.
We need to get rid of Dzeko, i too have defended him in the past but he looked like a beaten man on Wednesday night even after he scored.
We all know Jovetic is good enough but is he just another crock thats always injured and Guidetti too plus he has to prove he's even good enough to be in the first team squad anyway.
If we buy another top striker and then Jovetic's injury turns out to be a one off and he remains injury free then he is going to rightly be looking for games, if Guidetti also shows he is fully fit and gets a chance and blows us all away then we are left with possibly 5 strikers all wanting a game. Guidetti is inexperienced and would be happy to bide his time maybe but Jovetic and any new guy may not be as patient.
If we get to the business end of the season and we need to win every game and Negredo or Aguero gets injured can we take the chance on Jovetic or Guidetti a) not being injured  or b)being good enough? I think Jovetic is good enough but Guidetti is an unknown quantity in the PL.
It's a difficult one but i think MP will be content with the fire power he has at the moment and will only strengthen the defence in January.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:10 pm

ManCityMan wrote:It's a difficult one but i think MP will be content with the fire power he has at the moment and will only strengthen the defence in January.
Really? I would be very surprised if we strengthen anywhere in January. I think we will be sticking with the squad we have for the remainder of the season.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:20 pm

Jordan wrote:
ManCityMan wrote:It's a difficult one but i think MP will be content with the fire power he has at the moment and will only strengthen the defence in January.
Really? I would be very surprised if we strengthen anywhere in January. I think we will be sticking with the squad we have for the remainder of the season.
I don't think he will stick with what we have Jordan....Nasty is now out for 3 weeks, which leaves Boyata/Lescott
Lescott/Garcia
Garcia/Boyata
Lescott/Garcia

all until Vinny is finally ready to play - which hopefully, may be Sunday....but an injury to Lezza and it doesn't look good once again at CB.

I don't think he'll hesitate in Jan to sign a CB.....as let's face it....it's been our Achilles heel for our 4 away losses.....and we really can't afford many more stupid defensive errors with 3 cups and the PL coming thick and fast over Xmas and early next year.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:40 pm

surely it will be demi & Lezza poss Boyata anything else is an accident waiting to happen.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:20 pm

skyblueoz wrote:surely it will be demi & Lezza poss Boyata anything else is an accident waiting to happen.
Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed .....how did I miss Mr Slow????
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down