Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Are you irked by this talk of the quadruple? EmptyToday at 6:51 am by Jwils2710

» Pep’s at it again
Are you irked by this talk of the quadruple? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Are you irked by this talk of the quadruple? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Are you irked by this talk of the quadruple? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Are you irked by this talk of the quadruple? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Are you irked by this talk of the quadruple? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Are you irked by this talk of the quadruple? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Are you irked by this talk of the quadruple? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Are you irked by this talk of the quadruple? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Are you irked by this talk of the quadruple? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Are you irked by this talk of the quadruple?

5 posters

Go down

Are you irked by this talk of the quadruple? Empty Are you irked by this talk of the quadruple?

Post by Topdawg Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:30 am

I certainly am because it's media led. they keep saying Manuel this and city fans that. Winning four trophies this season isn't being bigged up by MP or City fans. I certainly don't expect us to win the CL for starters and the league is very tough and I still think Chelsea will come out on top. The FA Cup is still at round 4 and there are plenty of good teams left so that is no gimme.

The media crap merchants are bigging this up so they can laugh when we fail. Bollocks. Utter bollocks.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Are you irked by this talk of the quadruple? Empty Re: Are you irked by this talk of the quadruple?

Post by shakencity Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:23 am

MP isn't bigging it up but he doesn't exactly help things when he keeps saying "it's good to be the only club still in 4 competitions".....just wish he'd say, "it's nice to be in the position we're in, but we'll just take it 1 game at a time".....or words to that effect.

We're there to be shot at now, but i guess it's better than having nothing to play for.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Are you irked by this talk of the quadruple? Empty Re: Are you irked by this talk of the quadruple?

Post by Guest Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:46 am

Down to 66-1 now, might have a tenner on it!

Quadruple me up baby......

But you are right it's purely setting us up for a fall, but I don't really care we won't win them all but we will go close. I really fancy us against Barca.

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:54 am

It was 125-1 last week.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:50 am

Why shouldn't he say that? Bar Real Madrid we are the best team in the world at the moment. Oozing confidence and STILL in all 4 competitions. We should have the confidence to say WE ARE going for all 4 competitions. If you aren't in it to win it, then what is the point?

We want to win the Champions League, We want to win the PL, We want to win the FA and League Cup so why not say that? I think Pellers has played the media quite well. They've been asking and asking and all he has said is; "We play to win all the competitions we are in, that is the mentality we have". And rightly so!
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:01 am

shakencity wrote:MP isn't bigging it up but he doesn't exactly help things when he keeps saying "it's good to be the only club still in 4 competitions".
Why not? Surely being the only club left in all four competitions IS a good thing?

I think Pellers is showing he's pretty media savvy. He says he's happy with the way things are going - which surely can't be argued with - and he's playing down the quadruple talk. Yes, he has said it would be nice to win it and that they'll all try to do it, which is fair enough. Who the hell goes into a competition with no desire to win it? But he's saying it's one game at a time and we'll see where we get to, and he's clearly drilled the players to say the same.

The media talk of a quadruple is hugely irritating, just like a couple of years ago when we were unbeaten by the beginning of December. All that media fluff, the bookies taking bets on short odds for us to go unbeaten all season and then we were beaten by Chelsea. Then the bookies were giving short odds on us winning the treble at Christmas and in the space of a week we were out of both domestic cups. But hey, at least we DID win the league that year...
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:18 am

leopold wrote:
shakencity wrote:MP isn't bigging it up but he doesn't exactly help things when he keeps saying "it's good to be the only club still in 4 competitions".
Why not?  Surely being the only club left in all four competitions IS a good thing?

Of course it is, that's not what i was saying leo.
I just wish he wouldn't say things with "4 competitions, quadruple, etc, etc in", as i think it puts more pressure on us to win.....and more people will come out n gloat when we/if fail.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:28 am

Jordan wrote:Why shouldn't he say that? Bar Real Madrid we are the best team in the world at the moment. Oozing confidence and STILL in all 4 competitions. We should have the confidence to say WE ARE going for all 4 competitions. If you aren't in it to win it, then what is the point?

We want to win the Champions League, We want to win the PL, We want to win the FA and League Cup so why not say that? I think Pellers has played the media quite well. They've been asking and asking and all he has said is; "We play to win all the competitions we are in, that is the mentality we have". And rightly so!

I'm with you on this Jordan. We are in all 4 competitions, we want to win all 4....as long as he doesn't say "we will win all 4"....and keeps saying "we will try to win as many as possible"...the media can write what the fuck they want....it's all there in black and white if anybody claims MP said we'd win all 4.

We've seen an upturn in the mood and character of our squad since MP came and I think a lot of that is down to him giving them belief....so I'm happy with what he has said so far and the way we are progressing.....and if the press want to twist his words, then so be it.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:51 am

shakencity wrote:
leopold wrote:
Why not?  Surely being the only club left in all four competitions IS a good thing?

I just wish he wouldn't say things with "4 competitions, quadruple, etc, etc in", as i think it puts more pressure on us to win.....and more people will come out n gloat when we/if fail.
No, I knew what you meant. I was trying to say that he doesn't need to play it down to the point where he's embarrassed about it. As Bluey says, as long as he acknowledges it's an option and we'll have a go, I think that's fair enough. If he says, "No, we can't do it" then he'll be lambasted for having no ambition.

And the gloaters can gloat all they want, because odds are they'll win less than we do. Fuck 'em.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:05 am

leopold wrote:
shakencity wrote:
leopold wrote:

No, I knew what you meant.  I was trying to say that he doesn't need to play it down to the point where he's embarrassed about it.  As Bluey says, as long as he acknowledges it's an option and we'll have a go, I think that's fair enough.  If he says, "No, we can't do it" then he'll be lambasted for having no ambition.

And the gloaters can gloat all they want, because odds are they'll win less than we do.  Fuck 'em.

Agreed  Cool 
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:10 am

OK...here's a classic example from The Mirror:

Manuel Pellegirin reached his first English final as Manchester City boss - then warned their domestic and European rivals: ‘We’re still on course for the Quadruple’.

Now, after you read that below the headline, you would imagine MP has said those words....

When you read on and look for that quote....this is what he actually says...............................

First-year manager Pellegrini, whose Premier League title favourites entertain Championship Watford in the FA Cup on Saturday for a place in the last 16, said afterwards: “I’m very happy. I’m very proud of the fact that we are the only team still in the four competitions so we are the only team who can still do it.

“That is something that the manager, the club and the fans can all be proud of. Winning a competition will help but we are in the middle of the season and have a lot of work to do.

“In the FA Cup we are just in the fourth round and have four games more. In the [last 16 of the] Champions League we have a tough tie against Barcelona. And the Premier League will be very close until the end with four or five teams involved.”

They use tag-lines to get readers into the story..always have, always will.....and I agree, if MP was to say "no, we can't win all 4" then which of the competitions is he saying we can't win:

The PL?
The CL?
The C1C?
The FA Cup?

He will be asked which one he thinks he can't win....and the only realistic one he can say is the CL....and for a club with our squad and ambitions...I don't think it would send the right message to the team, the owners or the fans.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:33 am

Anyway...bring on Barca:

Are you irked by this talk of the quadruple? Alvaro-Negredo-gallery-1-001
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:38 pm

I love that pic, Bluey!
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:39 pm

leopold wrote:I love that pic, Bluey!

Yeah, love it!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down