Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
What's the reason? EmptyToday at 8:49 am by Jwils2710

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
What's the reason? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
What's the reason? EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
What's the reason? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
What's the reason? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
What's the reason? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
What's the reason? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
What's the reason? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
What's the reason? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
What's the reason? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

What's the reason?

4 posters

Go down

What's the reason? Empty What's the reason?

Post by Topdawg Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:14 am

I'll pick three matches to ponder (though there are several more that you could choose).

COC final.
FA Cup match vs Watford
FA Cup match vs WIgan

Now it could be argued that fielding a weaker side in the FA Cup matches, making several changes was the cause of a poor first half showing with an improved 2nd half showing.

That can't be argued fr the COC final as it was only through brilliant strikes from Yaya and Nasri that won us that game. I couldn't see us winning it through our general play.

Why have we been underperforming to such an alarming level so often?

Are the players tired? Our last game was a week ago so not really and some haven't played fora few weeks.

Are we making too many changes? Maybe for the FA Cup matches that could be a reason but for the COC (and a few other matches too?).

Are we underestimating teams even though we say we aren't? Maybe.

I just can't see a reason  for it.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

What's the reason? Empty Re: What's the reason?

Post by shakencity Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:21 am

Over the last 10-15 games or so, our build up play is laboured and slow from outset, which has enabled opposing teams to gain confidence throughout the game. Before that, we were blasting teams, but for some reason that seems to have stopped.....why?

The last game i can remember setting off like a house on fire was against the Spuds at home (didn't Navas score in the 1st 5 minutes?) and look what happened then.

I'm sick to death of saying the same shit about how deep Yaya is allowed to play, this really is reminiscent of the Mancini days and drove me (if not all of us) fucking mad......he's so ineffective back there, he may as well not be on. He should NEVER (and i mean never) be allowed to collect a ball from Hart/Pantillimon...or even a pass within 15-20yds of the 2 CBs.

With the players we've got, the play has to be intensified 100% from the 1st whistle. We have to go out with the intent of scoring straight away and don't stop until we do.
Ultimately, we have to keep the pressure on opposing teams and keep them on the back foot. Let's stop all this tippy tappy stuff at a snails pace and get back to fast passing, quick goals and big wins.

Imo, if MP doesn't revert back to this style and system of our early season form, you can forget the PL title right now.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:19 am

I've forgotten the PL title Den. We have to win our games in hand just to be level with Chelsea and I can't see us winning at Liverpool and the Swamp. Not the way we are playing.

This season could go downhill very badly, very quickly.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:28 am

Us not being there has further diminished United's chances of a Europa League spot...the winners and potential runners up in the FA Cup will grab the extra spot...
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:58 am

blueboy wrote:Us not being there has further diminished United's chances of a Europa League spot...the winners and potential runners up in the FA Cup will grab the extra spot...
Indeed, although the semi final draw made sure of that, regardless of whether we won yesterday or not.  With either Sheffield United or Hull definitely in the final, seventh place is now not a European slot.  Let's just hope Spurs don't bottle it.

But back to the original point...  I heard a woman phone in to BBC Manc yesterday after the game and she made a very interesting point:  We haven't played well since we got beaten by Chelsea at home the other week.  And she's right.  All the games mentioned, plus the lacklustre performances against Norwich and Stoke, we've been very slow at getting forwards.  It's like Pellegrini has lost faith in the plan.  It's almost as though he's let Mourinho get into his head.  And if this is the case, we're already defeated.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down