Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» Have it - Four in a row
Over 45s league match report EmptyYesterday at 9:59 pm by Topdawg

» 23/24 Prediction League
Over 45s league match report EmptyYesterday at 8:49 am by Jwils2710

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
Over 45s league match report EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
Over 45s league match report EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Over 45s league match report EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Over 45s league match report EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Over 45s league match report EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Over 45s league match report EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Over 45s league match report EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Over 45s league match report EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Over 45s league match report

3 posters

Go down

Over 45s league match report Empty Over 45s league match report

Post by Topdawg Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:15 am

Thought I'd write a little on our latest match (seeing as we won 8-0).

We went through the season winning just one match until 3 weeks ago when we comfortably won 4-2 away from home. that was followed by a tough 1-1 and yesterday we absolutely pulverised this team 8-0. The scoreline flattered them because we missed a penalty and had over half a dozen 1 on 1s with their keeper and a host of other chances.

It was an odd result as they looked by far the better side in the early exchange. Why our defence keeps a slower man as the last man boggles me. He's too slow to step up to play offside and too slow to chase  an attacker coming from a wide position.

A jammy goal from a goalkeeping error let us get ahead and that was immediately followed by a second.

2-0 at half time.

2 early breaks in the second half put this game to bed and then we just kept scoring for fun. My 'goal' was a truly embarrassing goal for them to concede (and I didn't claim it). I got to the byline near their 6 yard box and crossed it in. Their defender blocked the cross which came back to me and I mis hit it back in for the defender to head it goalwards and I think it hit the post then the goalie on the head (whilst he was prone on the floor) and dribbled in.

There's always a hint of trouble in these games and I don't understand why. You've got guys mainly in their 50s, some in their late 40s, others in their 60s or even one guy that was 72. They had this guy playing in midfield. He was built like the proverbial brick shithouse, only bigger. He was quick and much better than most of the others on the pitch. He slammed into me in their box midway though the second half. He was always most like ly to win the ball anyway and I wouldn't have complained if it was shoulder to shoulder but he caught me bang in my solar plexus. I thought that just couldn't have been accidental and he definitely wanted to hurt me. As I writhed on the floor, he wasn't bothered about me, but just wanted to tell his team mates that it was a fair tackle.

10-15 minutes later he went in hard for a tackle against one of our bigger lads (used to be our keeper), lost the ball in the tackle and then kicked our lad. That led to him being 'sent off' (substituted) and our fella wanting a punch up. It was childish, bullying behaviour from one of the better players.

Anyway, let's hope we carry on playing well until the end of the season.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Over 45s league match report Empty Re: Over 45s league match report

Post by shakencity Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:29 am

Unfortunately Dawg you always get players like that in teams.....tbh, that's why i stopped playing vets football, as it wasn't worth getting a serious injury at my age by some overweight 40yr old has been that once thought he was good, who just wants to kick everyone because he's not sharp enough to put in a decent tackle anymore.

Anyway, great goal Dawg....get it claimed, they all count  Laughing . Good win too!!!
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:39 am

You're not the last defender you are referring too are you Dawg? Wink 

Good win. As Den said..get the goal claimed.

I went up to watch our Vets team prior to the City match yesterday...it amazes me how old some of the guys are and still playing football...well done them. When I left it was 4-4 at half time! 2 amazing opposition goals almost identical to Yaya's curling shot for his hatrick the other week...by a guy who must have been 60+.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:41 am

We've got one guy on our team that moans and complains all the way through the match.

He plays up front and if the ball isn't absolutely perfect for him, he can't be arsed.

He tries taking too many people on rather than do a simple pass sideways or backwards.

Yesterday, I was down at the byline and tried to put in a cross for him rather than shoot myself. It skewed off my foot and went out for a goal kick. He wasn't very happy that I didn't pass to him, but I tried to.

Something similar in the second half when I passed the ball back towards the penalty spot hoping for someone to run on and smash it into the net, but he'd gone near post and wasn't happy again.

Yet when he was through on the keeper twice and I was and easy pass away from two tap ins, he didn't pass to me. He didn't even consider it and the goalie easily saved both his feeble shots.

He's a diver and screamer too which annoys our players as mush as it annoys our opponents.

Not that I'd wish an injury on anyone, but I wish he'd either fuck off or shut up.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:44 am

Ha ha bluey. My team have to keep telling me to stay back as I'm always looking to get behind opponents' defences.

Our coach moaned at me for being on the right wings closing down defenders when I'm supposed to be right back. We must have been 7 or 8 up at the time so I didn't think it mattered that much and I was always back in my position when needed.

I'm the guy that keeps on running but doesn't know what t do with the ball when he has it!
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:41 am

Topdawg wrote:Ha ha bluey. My team have to keep telling me to stay back as I'm always looking to get behind opponents' defences.

Our coach moaned at me for being on the right wings closing down defenders when I'm supposed to be right back. We must have been 7 or 8 up at the time so I didn't think it mattered that much and I was always back in my position when needed.

I'm the guy that keeps on running but doesn't know what t do with the ball when he has it!

Just get your CB to cover you or your MF player..I'm sure they'd be happy to have a rest!! Wink 
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:47 am

Bluey, it's far easier for them to complain that I'm not where I should be than to cover for me. At our sort of age, many don't want to do any extra than they have to.

Just a correction to my post above, I play left back which is why they don't like me on the right wing!!!
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down