Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Racism again in Italy EmptyToday at 4:06 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Racism again in Italy EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Racism again in Italy EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Racism again in Italy EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Racism again in Italy EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Racism again in Italy EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Racism again in Italy EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Racism again in Italy EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Racism again in Italy EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Racism again in Italy EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Racism again in Italy

3 posters

Go down

Racism again in Italy Empty Racism again in Italy

Post by shakencity Sun May 11, 2014 8:20 pm

But we all know it'll just be brushed under the carpet as it always does.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27363859

One day, serious punishments will be dished out.....probably if it ever happens in England.

Oh, and 12 subs....what's all that about?
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Racism again in Italy Empty Re: Racism again in Italy

Post by leopold Sun May 11, 2014 10:28 pm

I think it's disgraceful, having a game of football break out during that jolly bout of racism :/
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Mon May 12, 2014 1:49 pm

Spain and Italy's guilty clubs and their FA's should be hammered by UEFA but it wont happen. UEFA are a joke, they are too busy hammering clubs that are making clear attempts to turn their fortunes around for the better with £50m fines and shackling them with player caps to prevent them crashing the CL party.
They fined City more for being late on the pitch than they did for our players being racially abused a couple of seasons ago that shows how screwed up they are and how Platini and his cronies has agendas against teams like City and English clubs in particular.

I have despised UEFA ever since the Heysel Stadium disaster, forgive me while i digress slightly and apologies for preaching to the converted.

English clubs were thrown out of European competitions for 5 years after the Heysel Stadium disaster, why?

A neutral zone between the Juventus fans and the Liverpool fans was occupied totally by Juventus fans who attacked the Liverpool fans with missiles. When the Liverpool fans ran away from the 'neutral' zone in the opposite direction fans were crushed against a wall which eventually collapsed onto fans on the other side. 
Incredibly, UEFA declared the Liverpool fans and English hooliganism to be responsible and banned ALL English clubs from European competitions for 5 years, coincidentally i am sure, at a time when English clubs were dominating European competitions.

Juventus fans were by far the worse at that game and masked fans were clearly seen on TV brandishing an array of weapons on the terracing and on the running track after the tragedy, i remember seeing a sword and even a pistol yet Juventus received no punishment.

The Belgian authorities including the FA and Police's marshalling of the fans which allowed a neutral buffer zone between opposing sets of fans to be occupied totally by Juventus fans was a a disgrace yet they received no punishment or criticism except in England.

English clubs to some degree were authors or their own downfall as we had a terrible reputation for football hooliganism during the 70's and 80's both at club and international level. This made it easy for the Belgians and the Italians to deflect all their own guilt and responsibility by placing all the blame solidly at the door of the violent English fans who have a worldwide reputation for such behaviour.

Incidentally, the world class playmaker for Juventus at the time was a certain Michele Platini and the rest of the team were all in the Italy 1982 World Cup winning team.

UEFA are answerable to nobody it seems and can do what they like, FIFA are just as corrupt and both organisations should be more accountable and be subject to a vote of no confidence.
Unfortunately, the structure of these organisations is such that they are made up of delegates form each member country's FA and they are all open to bribes and self interested decision making.
This is further corrupted by the delegates from the more powerful countries FA's making alliances such as Germany, Italy and Spain so that any votes can be rigged in their favour against the likes of England.
The recent World Cup fiasco involving Qata is a perfect example of rigged decision making in these corrupted organisations.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon May 12, 2014 1:55 pm

ManCityMan wrote:
Unfortunately, the structure of these organisations is such that they are made up of delegates form each member country's FA and they are all open to bribes and self interested decision making.
This is further corrupted by the delegates from the more powerful countries FA's making alliances such as Germany, Italy and Spain so that any votes can be rigged in their favour against the likes of England.

Can the English FAs delegate not put up more of a fight though...out-voted or not, surely he can make a bit more noise out there.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Mon May 12, 2014 2:48 pm

Our clubs are a serious threat to the big European clubs, mainly in Spain and Italy so any chance they get to stab us in the back will be seized upon with relish. UEFA and FIFA are vile organisations that require to be restructured to prevent individuals or allegiances from making decisions for personal profit or their own countries to gain unfair advantage. The fact that Italian fans carry out stabbings at matches on a weekly basis and visiting fans from England and other countries have been stabbed in recent years, clearly demonstrates that this is an increasing problem over there. Also, the bribery and corruption in the Italian leagues from top to bottom is a disgrace and some teams have been relegated for it but UEFA have done nothing except apply meagre fines. UEFA has never taken a heavy handed action against any European FA for any of these matters like they did against English clubs in 1985, its always paltry fines and even those do not show any consistency or fairness like the one we got for being late on the pitch as opposed to the racist chanting against City players by CSKA fans when UEFA ordered CSKA who also have previous history for this type of thing, to close part of their stadium for the next home game against Bayern Munich and stated that this was an example of tougher action being taken for these types of offence. REALLY?

Earlier that same year Legia Warsaw received a fine and partial stadium closure for racist behaviour during a CL qualifier. Lazio also received a partial stadium penalty for a similar offence in the Europa League after playing 2 games behind closed doors the previous year for the same offence. ln total last season UEFA handed out similar penalties to 8 teams none of which were English clubs. "...an example of tougher action" my arse!!
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Mon May 12, 2014 2:49 pm

I'm supposed to be happy and over the (blue)moon this morning  Very Happy
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon May 12, 2014 4:04 pm

MCM, everything you say about Heysel is pretty much what I believe went on.  I've read over and over the details of what occurred that day and it turned out that not only were the Juventus fans the ones who started the problem and yet received no punishment, but the Belgian FA were never brought to task for allowing an event to take place in such a dilapidated stadium AND for allowing a neutral buffer to be filled with fans.  Yet the entire contingent of the English FA was hurled out for 5 years, even though no other club bar Liverpool was involved and that neither the Belgian nor Italian FAs were brought to book in any way.  Made no sense to me at all.

The plus side of this ban (and believe me, there is one) is that we were forced to address the violence issue and now going to matches is considerably safer than it used to be.  So much so, in fact, that I highly doubt that UEFA could turf us out again for hooliganism.

Not that I expect UEFA to do anything to anyone.  They're a bunch of paper tigers, just going after the easy targets.

But, let's look at something positive out of all this:

CHAMPIONES, CHAMPIONES, OLE OLE OLE!!!!
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Mon May 12, 2014 4:18 pm

OLE OLE!!!!
ManCityMan
ManCityMan