Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
An aging squad, youth players and HG EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 3:57 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
An aging squad, youth players and HG EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
An aging squad, youth players and HG EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
An aging squad, youth players and HG EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
An aging squad, youth players and HG EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
An aging squad, youth players and HG EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
An aging squad, youth players and HG EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
An aging squad, youth players and HG EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
An aging squad, youth players and HG EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
An aging squad, youth players and HG EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

Top posting users this month
No user

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

An aging squad, youth players and HG

4 posters

Go down

An aging squad, youth players and HG Empty An aging squad, youth players and HG

Post by Topdawg Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:08 am

I read somewhere that we have the oldest squad (by average age) in the PL. A couple of years olde than Chelsea's.

That's got me thinking. We will soon need to start replacing players as they start to go downhill. Maybe not for a couple of years, but soon enough. I reckon that by the time we do, we should have a transfer kitty upwards of £50M a year. Maybe that could stretch to £100M. The way transfer prices are going for top talent, that might just buy us two players.

At some point soon, we are going to need our kids to come through as the HG rules are pinching us already. We've no space in our squad for the likes of ISCO unless a foreigner leaves. We'll need one or two kids to come through every year as our squad ages.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

An aging squad, youth players and HG Empty Re: An aging squad, youth players and HG

Post by blueboy Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:30 am

And why I said tomorrow night would be the perfect opportunity to blood some alongside some of the others already on loan.

We can't keep thinking that season in, season out, we need the stronger teams for these type of competitions, otherwise, we'll never be able to give them the chance to show what they can do and potentially unearth a gem.

EDS is one thing, but it's a million miles from the first team and the experience/confidence that will give them.

For me, the C1C is a Cup we 'could' say..."this is a chance to play 4 or 5 of them in and if we go out, we go out.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

An aging squad, youth players and HG Empty Re: An aging squad, youth players and HG

Post by ManCityMan Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:46 am

I agree, a mix of youth and benchwarmers
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:41 pm

I think it's madness that we've gone from one of the youngest squads to one of the oldest.  It seems like almost every player we've bought recently has been over 28 years old and that speaks volumes of the "Holistic" approach we're employing.  Oh, no, wait, it's the polar opposite, isn't it?

I don't believe in the "holistic" approach anyway, as it's diametrically opposed to "5 trophies in 5 years".  And the latter rakes in more money.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:49 pm

Agree...I don't like this 'holistic' approach being banded about, if so, we'd have seen at least 4, maybe 5 EDS players in the first team squad....so far, the only players to make it up to that level and in Cup matches, are Lopes and Huws.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:18 pm

I think Suarez was good enough but he went to Barca ;(
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:01 pm

He could have gone to Scunthorpe, he didn't stay with us or play a proper game....so that holistic approach clearly isn't something Marwood is interested in, clearly.

He and Joan Roman were 2 players that looked a class above the others...but both were let go...and for what reason? I don't see us having any agreement or first choice on the likes of Fabregas, Tello or Pedro.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:59 am

Well, quite.  Suarez is good enough for Barca, so by that rationale, he's good enough for us.

Holistic, my arse.  If I was Mancini right now, I'd be fuming at losing my job over something that turned out to be totally irrelevant.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down