Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Is MP still the right man... EmptyToday at 4:13 pm by atlblue

» Pep’s at it again
Is MP still the right man... EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Is MP still the right man... EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Is MP still the right man... EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Is MP still the right man... EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Is MP still the right man... EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Is MP still the right man... EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Is MP still the right man... EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Is MP still the right man... EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Is MP still the right man... EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Is MP still the right man...

4 posters

Go down

Is MP still the right man... Empty Is MP still the right man...

Post by shakencity Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:11 am

to take City forward?

Serious question here, just wondered how everyone on here feels about him.

Does he have til January?

Does he have til the end of the season?

Do we keep him for stability?

Is he doing what's expected of him?

What do you think the big wigs are thinking?

Etc, etc, etc.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Is MP still the right man... Empty Re: Is MP still the right man...

Post by Topdawg Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:39 am

1. No
2+3. We have no choice but to keep him until the end of the season unless it goes wrong in a big way
4. Sort of. He gives us some stability, but not winning isn't what the flip side is meant to be.
5. Is he heckers like
6. Probably still lapping up his excuses.

For me he has been found out tactically far too often. Fat Sam said, before the game, that MP wasn't flexible, he couldn't adapt and he was too predictable. That was how he could get his team to beat us. And MP came and did what Fat Sam said he'd do. We were woeful 2nd half against CSKA if truth be told, even without the shambolic ref helping them. We've been poor most of the season and we've given long term lucrative contracts to players that don't deserve them.

We are stuck with MP. I'd even stick with him for the rest of his  contract if we have Pep in the bag from then on. Who else is available that would take us forwards if we wanted to replace MP?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:13 am

At this moment in time, the way this season has panned out, he's not helping his cause whatsoever....but then again, there are 2 or 3 players who are not helping him also.

TLF is the main one. He's being played too deep by MP which in turn exposes his weakness at defending and tracking runners. However, that's not to say he hasn't had plenty of opportunities to get forward, but when he has, it's been a pace 25% less than last season. I think TLF has had his best season and is on the downward spiral from here on in. Add to this the nonsense in the summer - I don't think enough was possibly done by MP to nip this in the bud, in fact, he's allowed it to fester by keep picking him.

Dzeko - I think was mentioned, has been given a new extended contract. Personally, as important his 5 or 6 goals were at the back end of last season, I don't believe he does anywhere near enough over a season to warrant being at the club, never mind getting a further contract. MP keeps persisting with him up front with Aguero, but it just doesn't work, so again, MP's lack of creative thinking, flexibility and tactical awareness is letting him down, add to this he let The Beast go which has left us with one out and out striker worth his place in the team...and that's not acceptable.

Kompany - I think he's been a shadow of last seasons form. He looks totally frustrated in nearly every match. He's making poor decisions on a consistent basis. I'm wondering whether his lack of top form is down to the fact he looks unhappy with something going on within the club and as the club Captain, he needs to speak out more - or at least resolve the issues that I personally think are happening inside the dressing room...but maybe MP isn't helping him resolve them.

I can't see MP being sacked, regardless of where we finish at the end of the season...he just won't be offered an extended contract and the owners will put plans in place for his successor.

If the team doesn't play well, or has a bad day, then that's fair enough - but the lack of effort and attention that's been shown so far this season can be eradicated immediately by the Manager - and it seems he just hasn't done this, which is strange, because I'm sure he must be speaking to the team and individual players after these poor performances - which leads me back to my opinion - something is wrong within the camp.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:35 am

If things don't pick up, he'll be gone, regardless of the Pep situation.  This season is stalling as badly as the 2012/13 season and we all know what happened there, with Bobby being sacked on the one day he could've actually salvaged something.

If we don't get out of our group in the CL, he'll be hanging by a thread.

Something is definitely wrong.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:18 pm

There is only one thing that will sort our season out and that is to bench TLF.  If MP has the guts to do that he will go up in my book and he might just turn it around.

It just isn't going to happen though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum