Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 19 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 19 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
What's going on with Bury Den? Dodgy loans??? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 3:57 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
What's going on with Bury Den? Dodgy loans??? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
What's going on with Bury Den? Dodgy loans??? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
What's going on with Bury Den? Dodgy loans??? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
What's going on with Bury Den? Dodgy loans??? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
What's going on with Bury Den? Dodgy loans??? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
What's going on with Bury Den? Dodgy loans??? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
What's going on with Bury Den? Dodgy loans??? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
What's going on with Bury Den? Dodgy loans??? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
What's going on with Bury Den? Dodgy loans??? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

Top posting users this month
No user

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

What's going on with Bury Den? Dodgy loans???

5 posters

Go down

What's going on with Bury Den? Dodgy loans??? Empty Re: What's going on with Bury Den? Dodgy loans???

Post by shakencity Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:07 am

http://www.burytimes.co.uk/sport/11601517.Future_of_Bury_Football_Club_is_not_being_put_at_risk__assures_chief_executive_Glenn_Thomas/

To be honest Dawg, the non disclosure of the clubs finances at a recent AGM have been a topic of discussion amongst the fans for a couple of weeks now. We'd paid off 2 large loans (to the PFA & HMRC) to starve off a winding up order, bought Championship players, spent £250k on a new pitch and spent large amounts of money on the upgrading the stadium and it's facilities. Due to the fact we nearly went bust a year or so ago, people just wanted to know how it was all being paid for.

However, what people fail to understand is that Mr Day (like Sheikh Mansour at City) runs the football club as a business, so at no time does he ever have to publicly divulge the clubs finances.....he only has to publish them to the clubs shareholders, the gripe was, he failed to do so at the last AGM.

Hopefully, the BT article will arrest of few of the fans fears.

In the link above, i've also put a link on the comments section, which goes into a little more detail.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

What's going on with Bury Den? Dodgy loans??? Empty Re: What's going on with Bury Den? Dodgy loans???

Post by shakencity Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:34 am

Oh....and we don't even play at Gigg Lane anymore Mad

Lazy journalism!!!
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:48 am

[quote="shakencity"]Oh....and we don't even play at Gigg Lane anymore Mad

Do you not? Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:54 am

Well, to me we always will blue Wink
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:04 am

I don't believe that interest rate.  138%?  Where did he get the loan from, Wonga??
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:08 am

138% pa is a bit steep but, when people need money, they can pay over the odds.

I remember a few years ago an old schoolfriend of mine wanted to borrow some money. He was a property developer and borrowing money from the usual sources was difficult. he had a good prospect and needed cash. He offered me a 10% return on my money and would return the money in 3 months.

I didn't loan him the money in the end as we were buying our flat.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:51 am

I think it was always the Boards intention to make quick money and pay the loan back within days/weeks rather than months/years.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:13 am

Anyway, slightly more important... When did the Shakers stop playing at Gigg Lane?  I Googled it and every source says you're still there.  Please clear up my confusion!
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:25 am

I think you'll find they changed the name...
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:31 am

It's strange really leo, as even on the clubs website, it's still classed as Gigg Lane, however, the last paragraph about the Stadium says this.

On 12 November 2013, the club announced a new commercial deal - described as the biggest in the clubs history - when the Stadium was renamed as the JD Stadium in a deal with local company JD Sports.

http://www.buryfc.co.uk/club/gigg_lane/
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:40 pm

Yeah just like St James Park was re-named the Sports Direct Stadium but every one just continued calling it St James Park  Razz
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:24 am

http://www.burytimes.co.uk/sport/11605473.Bury_s_chief_executive_Glenn_Thomas_sheds_light_on_club_s_financial_dealings_following_damning_report/

Oh yes, more money will be made available as and when needed. I feel like we're the Man City of League 2 Laughing Laughing Laughing .
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:54 am

Promotion is a gimme then Den...
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:13 am

I wish it was that simple Dawg and definitely not the way they're currently playin away from home....can't buy a win at the minute Sad

2 league home games coming up next...need the 6pts to put us back in the mix.

The Chairman sets out Burys future in the link below....all seems very exciting and you can't knock his vision and confidence....might go some way to explaining how he's become so successful.

http://www.burytimes.co.uk/sport/11605516.Stewart_Day_s_plan_for_Bury_s_bright_future/
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:11 am

Ooh, bringing in money from outside like that, you'll get called for financial doping Wink

Sounds like some good plans afoot there, especially the ones designed to make the ground a source of income in the 166 or so hours a week it's not being used to stage football matches.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:35 am

Agreed leo, just hope it all goes ahead and we continue to have money to spend on the playing staff.

shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down