Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Should we be doing everything we can to sign Bale? EmptyYesterday at 11:22 am by TMG

» Pep’s at it again
Should we be doing everything we can to sign Bale? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Should we be doing everything we can to sign Bale? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Should we be doing everything we can to sign Bale? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Should we be doing everything we can to sign Bale? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Should we be doing everything we can to sign Bale? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Should we be doing everything we can to sign Bale? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Should we be doing everything we can to sign Bale? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Should we be doing everything we can to sign Bale? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Should we be doing everything we can to sign Bale? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Should we be doing everything we can to sign Bale?

+2
shakencity
blueboy
6 posters

Go down

Should we be doing everything we can to sign Bale? Empty Should we be doing everything we can to sign Bale?

Post by blueboy Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:03 pm

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/548082/Gareth-Bale-Premiership-Return-Manchester-United

That would mean us having to get rid of TLF and possibly another striker (Jovetic/Dzeko) to fund this in the summer....and maybe add another upcoming striker for slightly less (or add an academy player).

IF, we were to get rid of TLF we could possibly get £20-25m.

Dzeko or Jovetic would go for around the same £20-25m

We have £26m for Negredo in the summer.....so that would leave us with £66m minimum.

Real would want close to what they paid - £60-70m.

We would then need another striker and another possible MF - so it would require an outlay of at least another £40m....which shouldn't be a problem under FFP.

We could like for like offer Bale what TLF was on - £220k pw.

I think this is a no-brainer....if we can't get the likes of a Messi...I'd take Bale in a heartbeat. We don't have anyone like him.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Should we be doing everything we can to sign Bale? Empty Re: Should we be doing everything we can to sign Bale?

Post by shakencity Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:28 pm

I don't get why Bale would want to leave Real to begin with, life isn't exactly going shit for him out in Spain.
That said, I too would love Bale at City....but I can't see us ever going after him.

If we could somehow afford him, then we should do everything to get him.....just can't see it happening.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Should we be doing everything we can to sign Bale? Empty Re: Should we be doing everything we can to sign Bale?

Post by ManCityMan Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:16 pm

I cant see him preferring Manchester to Madrid either if he is coping ok with the lingo, and he seems to be, then why would he want to leave there? Great climate, great money, great lifestyle...would you?
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:41 am

Dream on - he probably loves everything about right where he is.  He's another one who sustains a lot of injuries - we don't need to go top drawer either.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:08 am

If he's available, and we can afford him, we should be all out to get him. He can play anywhere up front or midfield.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:07 am

On the plus side, he's home grown and he won't piss off to Africa in January. On the minus, he's very, very expensive and it would just draw attention to our spending. I think an offer of less than this might be a goer, but I don't think we should go all out.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:29 am

leopold wrote:On the plus side, he's home grown and he won't piss off to Africa in January. On the minus, he's very, very expensive and it would just draw attention to our spending. I think an offer of less than this might be a goer, but I don't think we should go all out.
But the Rags will just out bid us, as they seem desperate to get him. We should either go all out or not at all.....i can just see the Raggie fans now bleating "you wanted him, but he fucked you off and came to us".
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:07 am

Who cares what the ragshite fans think? We must do what's best for our own club than worries about them.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:37 am

I agree. Of the red shite want him, it's our duty as a club to bid them up a bit Wink
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:43 am

Make them spend £100M to get him. Without CL he won't go there unless, like di Maria, no-one else can afford him.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down