Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Tony Pulis should be the next England manager EmptyYesterday at 8:56 pm by Wensdi

» Today's game
Tony Pulis should be the next England manager EmptyYesterday at 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Tony Pulis should be the next England manager EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Tony Pulis should be the next England manager EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Tony Pulis should be the next England manager EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Tony Pulis should be the next England manager EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Tony Pulis should be the next England manager EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Tony Pulis should be the next England manager EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Tony Pulis should be the next England manager EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Tony Pulis should be the next England manager EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Tony Pulis should be the next England manager

4 posters

Go down

Tony Pulis should be the next England manager Empty Tony Pulis should be the next England manager

Post by Topdawg Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:29 am

He gets everything out of his players. Palace stayed up due to him and WBA look likely to do the same.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Tony Pulis should be the next England manager Empty Re: Tony Pulis should be the next England manager

Post by shakencity Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:33 am

Can't disagree Dawg. Whether the old farts at the FA would have him is a completely different thing though.

Bytheway, when are you expecting Hodgson to leave?
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Tony Pulis should be the next England manager Empty Re: Tony Pulis should be the next England manager

Post by Topdawg Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:49 am

I'm not. But I just felt the case for Pulis needs making. Roy is the suits safe choice to stay as long as he wants.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:21 pm

Correct me if i'm wrong (probably) but dont England need a manger to get us winning tournaments against the top teams after we have usually easily qualified for them against the easier teams?
Hasn't Pullis built his reputation in the opposite scenario whereby he takes struggling clubs and teaches them how to park the bus and avoid defeat and ultimately relegation? How many teams at the very top level has he actually coached to be winners rather than to simply avoid defeat?
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:34 pm

Simply avoiding defeat is a step up for England. If you look at his points returns from games played, it's not too bad. And Roy's recent record at Liverpool, Fulham and WBA is hardly worth shouting about.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:42 pm

I was gob smacked when England appointed Capello and even more so when they appointed Roy to succeed him!! We need a good young English manager, i'll take British but preferrably English.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:11 pm

ManCityMan wrote:Hasn't Pullis built his reputation in the opposite scenario whereby he takes struggling clubs and teaches them how to park the bus and avoid defeat and ultimately relegation? How many teams at the very top level has he actually coached to be winners rather than to simply avoid defeat?
I'll say one word:

England.

I'll leave that to soak in for a moment, before I go on to make the crushingly obvious statement.

Whisper it quietly now:  England aren't a top team.  Surprised

Pulis made his reputation at getting average teams to play above their level of ability.  Such as he did with Stoke and Palace.  Both sides, under his management, were defensively strong, but knew how to counter-attack in numbers and both won games considered unwinnable as a result.  And Stoke got to a cup final under him, let's not forget.

We don't need a manager to win the tournaments, we just need someone to take a rag-tag bunch of average players and turn them into a team who don't capitulate the moment they come up against a competition.  If we could see a team that can actually beat Ghana and the USA and at least force Ze Germans not to showboat, I'd be a lot happier.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:38 pm

So you would be quite happy watching "Stoke on a wet Tuesday night"? Wink
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:48 pm

It's better than losing and getting knocked out in the groups stages. Countries with 'weaker' players than ours get further by whatever means. We need to get into a habit of being solid first and not crapping ourselves and use what abilities we have to attack when we get the chance.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:51 pm

ManCityMan wrote:So you would be quite happy watching "Stoke on a wet Tuesday night"? Wink
If the alternative was watching the existing England set-up playing on a scorching Thursday afternoon, yes!
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:36 pm

I agree that we need to be more clinical and aggressive in front of goal....sorry are we still on England? lol
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down