Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Enes Unal..... EmptyToday at 4:06 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Enes Unal..... EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Enes Unal..... EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Enes Unal..... EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Enes Unal..... EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Enes Unal..... EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Enes Unal..... EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Enes Unal..... EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Enes Unal..... EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Enes Unal..... EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Enes Unal.....

+2
shakencity
blueboy
6 posters

Go down

Enes Unal..... Empty Re: Enes Unal.....

Post by shakencity Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:39 pm

"Manchester City chairman Khaldoon Al-Mubarak promised 'high quality' signings earlier this month, but the Blues are also determined to invest in, as well as nurture, youngsters"

The way things are going, i really hope he's not the "high quality" signing the Chairman promised Rolling Eyes .
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:11 pm

Been a long time since i got excited about a big new City signing, looking forward in keen anticipation of the season starting to see them play in the famous blue shirt. Possibly Robhino as many of our current top performers Aguero, Silva, Zabaletta were not top names and were a bit of an unknown commodity  when we signed them but have gone on to become so. Anyone think of another big signing since then? We seem to throw mega bucks at average players such as Jo, Fernando, Mangala, Kolarov, Dzeko while other teams mop up the real talent like Hazard, Costa etc.
I have a strong sinking feeling that we are all going to be disappointed yet again, can't help still getting that same old City feeling, it's ingrained  Rolling Eyes
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:31 pm

I can only see us doing business for De Bruyne and Sterling realistically.

Pogba would be a coup...but I think he'll wait for Barcelona.

Other than that, who else is their out there, that would get you excited? Bale won't leave - so that leaves who?

The only other player that I would really like to see us attracting in Lacazette....I'm more inclined to want the deadwood off the books like Dzeko and Jovetic - that would raise a smile more.

5/6 players are what's needed, so unless the Chairman is keeping his powder dry, which I hope he is, I can see us with 2, maybe 3 top quality signings due to the lack of quality out there wanting to move clubs.

United have Depay - but that's not a guaranteed success.

LFC have Firmino and likewise, that nothing to be excited about.

The top, top players are just not willing to move this summer....so I wouldn't be building any high hopes up just yet.

I think if we signed another top LB, 2 more MF's/Wingers and another CF....that'll be the sum of our business this summer.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:38 pm

So i'll revert you back to my post blue....surely the Chairman won't be telling us porkies.

I'd love to know who these "high quality signings" he refers to are going to be then, i await them with eager anticipation. De Bruyne...ok and Pogba, who you reckon we won't get.....so who else can he mean?

Last edited by shakencity on Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:38 pm

I was wetting myself after Robinho signed and then he only went and scored against Chelsea!

I think we will definitely get de Bruyne or, more likely, Sterling. With Sterling we know £50M will do the trick, but not sure with de Bruyne. I still think we should just go around and wave our wad, so to speak.

Here you are Juventus, £70M for Pogba. Here you are Madrid, £40M for Isco. Here you are Arsenal, £30M for Wilshere. Here you are Everton, £50M for Stones and Barkley. Here you are Villa, £12M for Grealish. Here you are WBA, £15M for Berahino.

With all those offers, someone will bite. Won't they?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:39 pm

Oh, and Enes Unal really is for the future. His scoring record isn't great for a defender yet he's a striker!!! He hasn't played too many games from what I remember.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:40 pm

But we won't do that Dawg
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:41 pm

Isco would be a great signing & I quite like the look of icardi @ inter milan, & would personally be pleased if de jong re joined us on a freebie from AC Milan as he is out of contract.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:55 pm

Doesn't NDJ count as HG seeing he has a Manc passport...
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:03 pm

OK......when we talk about top tier, we're talking of Ronaldo, Bale, Suarez, Messi. None of these will come.

Next, we have the likes of Pogba - who I really don't think we'll get.

We can add Isco, Koke, Lacazette, Benzema, De Bruyne, Muller to the next bracket.

Out of these, I'd love Koke, Isco and De Bruyne.

We then have the likes of Sterling, Wilshere, Stones, Barkley as the English talent, yet to prove it on the big stage.

I can see us getting Sterling, I don't see Arsenal letting Wilshere leave.
Barkley was awful last season but has potential. Stones, not seen anything that makes me think that Denayer couldn't do as equal a job at CB. Lot's of hype over a player that struggled to get game time for Everton last season. I don't think a CB is a priority and he'll be discounted.

That leaves us with the possibility of the following:

Sterling

De Bruyne

Isco

Koke - but looks like he's staying put

Barkley - big risk for me at anything over £25m with his injury record

Benzema is an option - and i'd be happy if we swapped him for Dzeko/Jovetic in regards to us losing some of the deadwood (albeit Real wouldn't want any of those two - so we'd have to sell them on).

Lacazette has mooted that he wants a move - so I would definitely get a  bid in around £30m for him. We could easily double his wages and possibly throw in Rekik or Lopes with a buy back clause.

Other than that, we're looking at players in the b+ category as there really isn't many more.

Kurzawa at LB is a possible option - but again, we're not talking about a Lahm class of player.

I think we may just get 3/4 of the mentioned players and that will be it.

We MUST get rid of Dzeko and Jovetic to start with - if, according to the rumours, Kelechi is going to be promoted to the 1st team squad - and Lacazette would be a striker who would excite me with the likes of a De Bruyne/Pogba.

Other than that, as you said - who's out there?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:15 pm

I'm still trying to get my head around this:

ManCityMan wrote:... as many of our current top performers Aguero, Silva, Zabaletta were not top names and were a bit of an unknown commodity  when we signed them but have gone on to become so.

So you weren't excited about the prospect of Aguero? Or Silva? Granted, unknown quantities both as far as the PL was concerned, but then foreign players generally are. I was keen to see how Silva got on (even though Villa was the name bandied about beforehand) and I was positively itching to see Serge on our turf.

Zaba, I'll give you.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:18 pm

Topdawg wrote:Here you are Juventus, £70M for Pogba. Here you are Madrid, £40M for Isco. Here you are Arsenal, £30M for Wilshere. Here you are Everton, £50M for Stones and Barkley. Here you are Villa, £12M for Grealish. Here you are WBA, £15M for Berahino.

With all those offers, someone will bite. Won't they?
You'd have thought so. The only value there is the fifty mill for Stones and Barkley and that's probably the only one that wouldn't get anyone thinking. But the others, sure, why the hell not?
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:52 pm

I was excited about both Silva and Aguero, as much as I was at the time over Robinho. Zaba, I pretty much knew nothing about, I'll be honest.

However, we really do need to be looking at a top class RB to replace him in the coming 2 years...and when you see Clyne being banded around for £12.5m, when only 2 months ago they were talking around the £25m region, we could lose out on another decent RB and England player of the future.

I'd bin off Sagna, he's rubbish, and get Clyne in to push Zaba for that money.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:55 pm

Also, I'd really like Schneirderlin. He's a very good player with PL experience, young still and I guess we could get him for £20-25m as he's said he wants to leave.

TBF....I'd be happy with Clyne, De Bruyne, Sterling, Kurzawa and Lacazette this summer.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:07 pm

blueboy wrote:Also, I'd really like Schneirderlin. He's a very good player with PL experience, young still and I guess we could get him for £20-25m as he's said he wants to leave.

TBF....I'd be happy with Clyne, De Bruyne, Sterling, Kurzawa and Lacazette this summer.
Add Isco to that list and I'd be a happy chappy.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:12 pm

Would love Isco....but not sure he wants to leave.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:21 pm

With Benitez in charge, I'm expecting one decent player to leave and we should be in for them, whoever it is. If we can spend £50M on Sterling, why can't we offer the same amount of Isco who, for my money, is better.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:26 pm

Problem is, who does he replace if we get Stirling?

Silva, TLMLF, Stirling and Aguero are guaranteed starters.

If we got De Bruyne, so would he be.

We also have Nasri, who, when fit, is on a par with Isco.

Still, it'd be a great headache for the manager.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:30 pm

If we had Isco, Nasri, de Bruyne, Aguero, Silva and Yaya, Sterling wouldn't be a guaranteed starter for me. I'd be tempted to start the season with Nasri on the bench and, most likely, Sterling as well.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:31 pm

I was not over the moon Leo, i am always a little excited to see good players but not in the same way as a marquee signing which Robinho was at that time Aguero and Silva were not.
I would like to see a class player of the like of Isco or DeBruyne
obviously we are unlikely to ever see Ronaldo or Messi arrive at the Etihad. I just dont want to see a repeat of the last 2 times we won the title and failed to build on what we had by bringing in more quality rather than more dross.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:51 pm

I thought Aguero and Siva in particular, were marquee signings.

When I heard we had gotten Silva especially, I was more chuffed than I was about Robinho.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:57 pm

Robinho showed that we had money. Aguero and Silva were class purchases.

I was very excited when Sergio came on for that cameo against Swansea in his first match. I was in dreamland the way we hammered them that night.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:09 pm

I think their reps have soared since they joined us but i think they were just considered good players in Spain but have blossomed since moving to the PL, only an opinion.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down