Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Paul Lake on Raheem Sterling EmptyToday at 3:45 pm by Nijinsky

» Pep’s at it again
Paul Lake on Raheem Sterling EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Paul Lake on Raheem Sterling EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Paul Lake on Raheem Sterling EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Paul Lake on Raheem Sterling EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Paul Lake on Raheem Sterling EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Paul Lake on Raheem Sterling EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Paul Lake on Raheem Sterling EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Paul Lake on Raheem Sterling EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Paul Lake on Raheem Sterling EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Paul Lake on Raheem Sterling

2 posters

Go down

Paul Lake on Raheem Sterling Empty Paul Lake on Raheem Sterling

Post by blueboy Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:13 pm

Former City captain Paul Lake looks at where record City signing Raheem Sterling may fit in tactically this season…

Where and how do you see Raheem fitting in this season?

“You can see that Raheem is going to be a key player for us and he is a perfect fit with his pace, skill and imagination.

"I think he will be a bridge between Jesus Navas and Samir Nasri because, for me, he brings a bit of both of their games and I believe him to be the perfect signing having seen how well he linked with Suarez and Sturridge when they were on the top of their game a couple of seasons ago.

"With the level of players we already have, I think he will flourish at City and it is a really intelligent signing.”

Does his style put you in mind of any other players?

“He does. As I say, there are parts of his game that are similar to Navas and Nasri, but he’s got a few more tricks up his sleeve than they have. He also puts me in mind of Crystal Palace winger Yannick Bolasie so if you could mix all three together, you’d come somewhere close to Sterling.

"With the speed of thought he has and a low centre of gravity, he has so much intelligence and once he realises that he has the ability to change and game and be a match-winner, there will be no stopping him. His potential is huge.”

His understanding with Luis Suarez almost brought Liverpool the title in 2013/14 – can he repeat that form alongside Sergio Aguero and how can he benefit other City players?

“Raheem has a frightening turn of pace and he will bring a new dimension to our attack because we will be able to counter attack at lightning speed. We won’t have to rely on Yaya Toure driving the ball out or playing passes over the top to Sergio Aguero.

"With the quality he has around him, I think he’ll take his game to the next level and I think you’ll find players like David Silva and Aguero will be excited by his arrival because his style and ability will get them on their toes due to his inventiveness and explosive pace, especially during the transition from defence into attack. I think he may also help Yaya get back to the form he showed in 2013/14 when he drove us to the title.

"His arrival will have a positive effect on all our creative players and he has an excellent work ethic, too. I think he sees this move as an opportunity to be part of something really special at City.”
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Paul Lake on Raheem Sterling Empty Re: Paul Lake on Raheem Sterling

Post by Wensdi Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:28 am

There were a couple of decent Liverpool posters on 606 who were honest enough to admit they have lost another good player - and realize that they can't afford to keep losing players like Suarez, Torres, Mascherano etc., and expect to be seriously challenging for a top 4 spot.  At least they are glad they lost him to us as they know we are decent fans Very Happy
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down