Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
10 years today..... EmptyYesterday at 11:22 am by TMG

» Pep’s at it again
10 years today..... EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
10 years today..... EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
10 years today..... EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
10 years today..... EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
10 years today..... EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
10 years today..... EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
10 years today..... EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
10 years today..... EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
10 years today..... EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

10 years today.....

3 posters

Go down

10 years today..... Empty 10 years today.....

Post by blueboy Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:58 pm

....got me thinking with all this horrible nonsense posted on social media about Delph and Sterling (2 players coincidently, who weren't local lads or players brought through their academies).

10 years today, a player brought through our academy from a very young age after signing from Forrest and still only 23, was sold for £21m to Chelsea.
I don't remember many City fans at the time calling him a 'black bas£ard, or the N word...neither do I remember graffiti being scrawled across our stadium walls or death threats being banded around.

Of course, we have class and take the transfer of a hero, which he was at the time, as just part and parcel of football - even if we were disappointed. The money we got for him, pretty much saved us...and look where we are today. Of course, the prodigal son returned and was welcomed back to Manchester with open arms, just as he was whenever he played in a darker shade of London blue.

Some fans need to realise that what Bill Shankly said all those years ago, may have been true at the time, but football has changed, it's not more important than "a matter of life or death"....ask Fabian Delph and his girlfriend if their new born baby is less important than a £20k pw pay rise.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/4621425.stm
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

10 years today..... Empty Re: 10 years today.....

Post by leopold Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:32 pm

Very true. We were all gutted when sweep left us, but our motto is, once a Blue, always a Blue. I remember when we chanted his name when QPR visited last season.

In fact, I think I'm right in saying we only dislike the ex players who go on to be disrespectful of our club, which I think is fair enough.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:18 pm

And tbf...they are very far a few between. Rodney Marsh being the main culprit...rarely has a good word to say about us.

Micah even came out yesterday and said he told Delph that City are the best club in the world....not that we are, but his sentiments were right.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:46 am

Danny mills is right up their with Marsh...  Hold on you said ex players??.... (Did he play for us or just collect a wage?)

On another note did you see that report on the BBC about Frimpong the ex Arsenal Player getting sent off for reacting to racial chants from the crowd. He apparently gave them the finger after being subjected to Monkey chants. The Russian club president of the club he plays for said he should just get over it... Just because they have a good relationship with the opposing club. He says Frimpong was wrong to react.

WTF lets give all fans a licence to get a player sent off. & Russia is to get the world cup.... They really are doing a lot to kick out racism if that is their attitude to it when an incident occurs.. Blame the victim.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down