Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

Wensdi

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Deal Breaks Down EmptyToday at 4:05 am by Wensdi

» Pep’s at it again
Deal Breaks Down EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Deal Breaks Down EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Deal Breaks Down EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Deal Breaks Down EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Deal Breaks Down EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Deal Breaks Down EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Deal Breaks Down EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Deal Breaks Down EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Deal Breaks Down EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Deal Breaks Down

+2
Topdawg
Bewar3them00n
6 posters

Go down

Deal Breaks Down Empty Deal Breaks Down

Post by Bewar3them00n Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:40 am

From the Guardian this morning......... I can't say I'm surprised to be honest.

Carlos Tevez faces the possibility of having to return to Manchester City against his wishes, after his proposed £40m move to Corinthians disintegrated because of the financial implications for the Brazilian club.

Tevez is now running out of potential new employers following the official announcement from Corinthians that it was "impossible" for them to conclude what would have been by far the biggest transfer in the history of Brazilian football before Wednesday night's transfer deadline. "While acknowledging the efforts of Manchester City, and everyone involved in the negotiations, there wasn't enough time for the transfer to be completed," the statement said. "We are aware our fans wanted Tevez to join our club again and we hope we can have the player with us in the future"

City had accepted Corinthians' valuation of the player, with another £4m in potential add-ons, but the deal first ran into trouble because they could not agree a payment schedule that was acceptable to both parties.

City had made certain allowances to help facilitate the move, not least lowering their original £50m asking price, but their suspicion over the last few days has been that Corinthians had badly overstretched themselves. The Brazilians' previous transfer record was £9.35m, when they first signed Tevez as a 20-year-old from Boca Juniors in 2004, and they were heavily reliant on sponsorship money to bring the player back to São Paulo. In the end, they were unable even to afford the first payment of £8.7m, asking City if they could delay settling it until next year.

City had been willing to accept four different payments over four years but Corinthians were also unable to provide the bank assurances that the FA Cup winners regarded as fundamental to signing off the deal. In the process, the saga of Tevez's future will drag on once again.

One possibility is that City, negotiating with Atlético Madrid for Sergio Agüero, will offer Tevez to Internazionale in exchange for Wesley Sneijder. That, however, is not something that has got off the ground yet, and instead the collapse of the Corinthians deal leaves Tevez with the other scenario of being required to return to City for the start of the new season and resuming life in Manchester, the city he has openly admitted disliking.

As for Agüero, the chances of that move happening have been strengthened by Atlético's capture of the Deportivo La Coruña striker Adrián López to take the Argentine's place.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/20/corinthians-carlos-tevez-manchester-city

Still, maybe a swap for Wes Sneijder will be a better option in the end! the pairing of Nige and Wes in midfield.... !!!!! devestating in every respect.....
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Deal Breaks Down Empty Re: Deal Breaks Down

Post by Topdawg Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:02 am

i think aguero is coming whatever happens

my hope would be that we could do a swap for sneijder
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:15 am

"They couldn't even afford the 1st payment of £8.7m".

Sounds like City bent over backwards to get this deal through so Tevez could leave, but the above statement imo is evidence that Corinthians could never have afforded Tevez in the first place. A complete waste of everyones time.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:57 am

a swap deal for Sneijder would give me a warm fuzzy feeling inside...
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:28 am

Sneijder + £10 = Tevez, now that sounds good to me cheers
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:04 am

Was never going to happen. Looks like this was all manufactured by Tevez's agent in a bid to drum up interest from other clubs and has spectaculary backfired on them.

Lets hope we still go for Aguero and offload Tevez asap.
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:17 am

Corinthians had no intention of signing Tevez,that's fairly clear now.
Aguerro looks like a done deal so perhaps if we offered Carlos and adebeyor to inter as a straight swap deal for sneijder and eto,we could then prise Nasri away from the walking sleeping bag and I would be forming a queue at Betfred to take that 4-1 on us winning the title
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:02 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14215229.stm

looks like carlos may be sitting tight until january (if he really wanted to be with his kids)
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:28 pm

IF Corinthians can't even afford the 1st installment, how how they going to pay the rest? I mean 4 installments!!! Tevez on the never never in more ways than one!!!
Yes, Aguero, and Wes Sneijder, great finishing and great industry, I'm drooling already just thinking about it!
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down