Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» Have it - Four in a row
Scary when your kid drives their car on their own... EmptyToday at 9:59 pm by Topdawg

» 23/24 Prediction League
Scary when your kid drives their car on their own... EmptyToday at 8:49 am by Jwils2710

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
Scary when your kid drives their car on their own... EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
Scary when your kid drives their car on their own... EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Scary when your kid drives their car on their own... EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Scary when your kid drives their car on their own... EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Scary when your kid drives their car on their own... EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Scary when your kid drives their car on their own... EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Scary when your kid drives their car on their own... EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Scary when your kid drives their car on their own... EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Scary when your kid drives their car on their own...

4 posters

Go down

Scary when your kid drives their car on their own... Empty Scary when your kid drives their car on their own...

Post by blueboy Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:25 am

for the first time.

Just been up to Wilmslow to pick his new car up. He drove back, but now he's off to work, driving on his own for the first time.

Guess you'll never be totally comfortable with it. Rolling Eyes
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Scary when your kid drives their car on their own... Empty Re: Scary when your kid drives their car on their own...

Post by leopold Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:12 pm

I know what you mean. Only one of mine can drive at the moment (the other three aren't far off) and she passed her test about three years ago. She doesn't have her own car, she borrows mine when she's home, but even though I know she's a careful and sensible driver - one of only a very small number I feel comfortable as a passenger with - I still worry when she's going out, especially if she goes into town or on the motorway.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Scary when your kid drives their car on their own... Empty Re: Scary when your kid drives their car on their own...

Post by blueboy Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:19 pm

Guess it doesn't go then Leo.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:41 pm

Well, it hasn't so far, so I guess not. I don't think we ever stop worrying about them. I remember my mum saying as much to me.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:19 pm

My eldest is taking a year out but is off to Glasgow Uni next year so he's decided he's going to learn to drive
Trouble is he suffers quite badly from dyspraxia 
He came home on Monday from his first lesson,asked him how it went 
"fucking terrifying" was all he said
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:15 pm

Paulpowersleftfoot wrote:My eldest is taking a year out but is off to Glasgow Uni next year so he's decided he's going to learn to drive
Trouble is he suffers quite badly from dyspraxia 
He came home on Monday from his first lesson,asked him how it went 
"fucking terrifying" was all he said

Not great, especially if he's learning to drive a car.

Still, I'm sure he'll find a way around it to compensate for it.

"Fucking terrifying" Razz .............imagine what the driving Instructor said? Shocked
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:08 pm

My daughter passed her driving test in November last year age 16 & 1/2. They then have to do 25hrs supervised driving on L plates. Once the 25 hours are up & 6 months after the driving test they then have to take a hazard simulation test at the driving center. She did that & Passed 2 days after  her 17th birthday. She now has red plates for 6 months which basically means she is allowed on the road un supervised but with restrictions. Zero alcohol reading & a midnight to 6.00am curfew. If she broke any of those rules & was pulled up by the police it would mean instant disqualification of her licence & she would have to wait 6 months  & re take her driving test again. after 6 months she is on green p plates for 12 months , the only restriction being again zero alcohol.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:31 pm

Bloody hell, I'd have never driven until I was 21!!

Curfews are imposed here if they have a black box fitted to their car, which reduces their insurance premium.

Still, nowhere near as restrictive as the Aussies.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:36 pm

well what was I saying.. Got a call last night just got in from Squash 8.30pm daughter been involved in an accident. Raced to the scene about 10 mins away. Police & fire engine there & tow trucks no ambulance thank god. Daughter was waiting in the middle of a busy highway to turn right. Traffic lights turned amber & a car about 200 mtrs away . Daughter thought the oncoming car was to far away to make the lights & assumed he would be slowing in anticipation of light change. Wrong the idiot speeds up hurtles straight through the lights & takes out my daughter. Car is a write off luckily he took out the front passenger side, so drivers side not as affected. If someone had been in the passenger seast I hate to think what the outcome would have been. Took Toni to hospital to have her checked out was there 4 hours got home at 02.30am. luckily all she suffered was a bruised hip and slight bruising on the chest. Have to wait & see if any more injuries or pains surface.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:04 pm

Bloody hell Oz. Thank god she was ok!!

Just shows you doesn't it.

I'll tell my lad this story tonight when he gets home.

Was it a young fella, trying to jump the lights?

So glad nobody else was in the car, especially if he'd put his foot down, god knows what speed he went through the lights at, and if your daughter has a bruised hip from the drivers side, what would the other person sat next to her be like??

Wankers!

Glad she's OK though. Shocked
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:38 pm

Wow, sounds like she was very fortunate there, Oz.  I hope there's no delayed or residual injury to her.  But shit, that's the nightmare scenario right there.

I don't blame her for assuming the idiot would stop, I'd have made the same decision, it's either that or get stranded in the middle of the junction.  But it just goes to show, you can't make enough allowances for the other person.  I take care when I drive and I've nearly been pranged twice this week because of moron drivers and I've come to the conclusion that a dash cam is becoming an essential piece of kit.  Hell, I'd even get a head cam and use it to film the dickheads that lurch out of side junctions without looking.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:00 pm

Hospital said xrays good no spine, neck or other injuries. Was lucky it was side/front on. No whiplash or airbag damage. Hospital also said just keep an eye on her to make sure noithing changes in the next few days. Got a full report from the Hospital just in case for insurance purposes.

Blue the guy who hit her was in his mid 30's with his wife & daughter about 8 in the car. was of Asian origin I believe. Daughter told me  (at the hospital) that when it 1st happened he rushed out of his Jeep Cherokee ran round the back to get his daughter out then his wife. He then started shouting at my daughter. She was in enough shock without this & said she will never forget the look the guy's wife gave her. Sounds like they were trying to bully her or frighten her into some sort of admission. If I had known that at the time i'd have ripped his fuckin legs off.

By the time me & the wife got their he'd calmed down & my daughter was being comforted by a couple of witnesses. Even the copper said he couldn't believe the damage to the front of the jeep, stoved in & lost his front bumper. My daughter had a Renault clio 2002. She must have been doing between 15/ 20 mph when he hit her . So to cause the amount of damage he did shows the speed he was going.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:04 pm

That should read the guys daughter was about 8. not that he had 8 in the car. Witnesses seem to mostly back my daughters story so hopefully crash investigators will think likewise.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:31 pm

Wanker! 

I hope they throw the bloody book at him, especially having a small child in the back and taking such a risk.

Glad your daughters OK, that's the main thing.

I would have been the same, wanting to fucking crush his legs like his Jeep. 

Clio vs Cherokee, could have been so much worse.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down