Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Denayer completes loan move to Galatasary EmptyToday at 11:22 am by TMG

» Pep’s at it again
Denayer completes loan move to Galatasary EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Denayer completes loan move to Galatasary EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Denayer completes loan move to Galatasary EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Denayer completes loan move to Galatasary EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Denayer completes loan move to Galatasary EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Denayer completes loan move to Galatasary EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Denayer completes loan move to Galatasary EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Denayer completes loan move to Galatasary EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Denayer completes loan move to Galatasary EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Denayer completes loan move to Galatasary

5 posters

Go down

Denayer completes loan move to Galatasary Empty Re: Denayer completes loan move to Galatasary

Post by shakencity Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:20 am

I see Pozo has been let go permanently too...thought he was one for the future, obviously not!
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Denayer completes loan move to Galatasary Empty Re: Denayer completes loan move to Galatasary

Post by blueboy Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:37 am

Not sure what has changed since the City Live event when he was named as one of the academy players to make it into the squad.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:58 am

As I said before we are not there yet.  Get success in Europe and the kids will start to come through, at the moment we still have to buy our way to the top.   I know it's not ideal but we have to face facts.  Pozo has seen us buy 2 players for more than 50m in his position, so what chance does he have?

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:07 am

I thought Pozo looked a little lost in the couple of games he played last season, ok I know those were his 1st games  & it was a new environment but even in Australia he did not look as good as some of the other youngsters like Evans , Lopes & Zuculini.  Denayer will be all the better for a loan especially in Turkey plus he gets champs league football to boot.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:31 am

I always felt Pozo was a bit lightweight for the PL. Too easily muscled off the ball. Sure, he's got plenty of skill, but he needed to be tougher. Like Silva, he's a small and slight guy, but he's not easy to bundle over.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:58 am

I'm with you guys, however, strange to name these players in our 1st team squad, only to get rid 3 weeks later.

Think City have taken the lads and fans for a bit of a ride.

Let them all think we're promoting youth, "happy days", then bin em off.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:01 pm

I think you're right blue, the club were happy to play them in the pre-season tour games and name them in the 1st team squad so it does seem a bit 'off' to then get rid of them and buy big money replacements. Sends entirely the wrong message to our young players and also to those thinking of signing with City's EDS.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:16 pm

Playing them also puts them in the shop window, and it gives a chance for the 1st team manager to see if the potential is there in a game situation. If they sign a contract it means we get a fee. I still think Denayer will go on to be a good player for City. I think this seasons loan could well cement the promise he showed last season, plus he is getting regular game time & champions league experience. He just signed a 5 year deal so we have all the bargaining tools should a perspective buyer come sniffing like we have endured with Liverpool & Wolfsburg.

Lopes was the one I was disappointed with as I thought he would have a future with the club. We are strong though, in his favored position, which is why I guess we sold him.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:22 pm

I get all that Oz, I really do. But the fact of the matter is that 3 weeks ago, they were presented on stage as 'academy players making it to the first team squad'.

There was lot's of publicity surrounding it. Just prior, Denayer and his agent were promised that Denayer would be 4th choice CB, in order for him to sign a new 5 yr contract, effectively, trying to make City as much money as they can if they decided to sell, rather than securing his long-term future with the promises the board made to him.

Suddenly, 3 of those players paraded on the stage that evening at City Live, have either been sold off or sent on loan, leaving Roberts (who was bought in last month) and Kelechi.

No other academy players have been promoted, but a few have been sent back out on loan or been sold.

I get the reasons behind it, but it leaves a bitter taste in your mouth.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:00 pm

But this was all before Valencia couldn't stump up the Beast money.  Otamendi was a spur of the moment purchase.   Shame for the kids I know but I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:03 pm

I guess I won't either BB, but it still stinks.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:50 pm

blisteringblue wrote:But this was all before Valencia couldn't stump up the Beast money.  Otamendi was a spur of the moment purchase.   Shame for the kids I know but I'm not losing any sleep over it.
Agree over Otamendi. We didn't really need him. But it's bloody hilarious that Valencia offered him to us as payment instead of selling him to the rags. It's rare that us getting put over a barrel actually makes me laugh, but that one did it. Razz
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down