Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Buzzer on George Best's anniversary...nice read. EmptyToday at 8:49 am by Jwils2710

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
Buzzer on George Best's anniversary...nice read. EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
Buzzer on George Best's anniversary...nice read. EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Buzzer on George Best's anniversary...nice read. EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Buzzer on George Best's anniversary...nice read. EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Buzzer on George Best's anniversary...nice read. EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Buzzer on George Best's anniversary...nice read. EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Buzzer on George Best's anniversary...nice read. EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Buzzer on George Best's anniversary...nice read. EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Buzzer on George Best's anniversary...nice read. EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Buzzer on George Best's anniversary...nice read.

+9
shakencity
ManCityMan
titbumwilly
blueboy
Nijinsky
Topdawg
Wensdi
Disaster_Tskhadadze
skyblueoz
13 posters

Go down

Buzzer on George Best's anniversary...nice read. Empty Re: Buzzer on George Best's anniversary...nice read.

Post by blueboy Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:27 pm

Reminded me of my dad, who passed away on Weds.

He used to tell me about going to watch both United and City with his friends and family in the 1960/70's.

Said Best was the greatest player he ever saw live, but he loved watching Messi as it reminded him of how players used to play 40 years ago.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Buzzer on George Best's anniversary...nice read. Empty Re: Buzzer on George Best's anniversary...nice read.

Post by skyblueoz Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:38 pm

sorry to hear about your dad Blue. My condolences.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:57 pm

Cheers buddy.

Hard at the moment...trying to keep myself occupied leading up to his funeral on Thurs.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Disaster_Tskhadadze Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:18 pm

Very sorry to hear about your Dad, blueboy.

My dad died 2010 and he also talked about going to City one week, Utd the next. He stopped going to OT after Munich coz he said "it got crazy!" He spoke a lot about Duncan Edwards, thought he was brilliant but I can't recall his comments about Besty, beyond he rarely played well against City!

I wish my dad could've seen one more title; he'd tell me about being at Newcastle in '68 and just the feeling of pipping Utd to a title. Wouldn't have mattered if he had made it to 2011 coz he had dementia, you could talk to him about City but he didn't remember anymore. Hurt, that.

But I swear, when Sergio hit that shot deep into stoppage time v QPR, I swear I heard him cheering somewhere...
Disaster_Tskhadadze
Disaster_Tskhadadze
New Signing
New Signing

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:22 pm

I'm sure he did DT!!

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:57 pm

my dad was also city one week united the next. But he was a cricket fan , hated football but was at uni in Manchester so went with all his mates. He never really from what I gather preferred one or the other unless it was Sussex over Lancashire at cricket.

He left home when I was 6 & have never seen or heard from him to this day, Wouldn't even know if he was still alive. I chose City coz they wore Blue.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:55 pm

cheers thank god you liked blue Oz!!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:18 pm

Really sorry about your Dad Bluey - so sad. 

My Dad was a big BLUE since he was 5 years old.  Buried him with his rattle and rosette (of course The Wednesday).  His brother and sister were both Utd fans - couldn't understand it.  My dad was the only one with brains apparently.  Sorry about your Dad Oz - very sad.  DT - dementia is a cruel disease - such a sad thread this.  Only cheered up by Chelski losing AGAIN.  Poor old Maureen.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:32 pm

I learned to deal with it as you do Wensdi. a lot of questions went un answered for a number of years but the more I found out & the more his past kept interfering in our lives I realized my Mother 2 sisters & I were far better off without him.

Blue, Red was a girls colour  in our house, Funny that both my sisters support Uniturd. I always told them I had class. Maureen sent to the stands along with goalkeeping coach. so much for staying out of the headlines as he stated at his press conference.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Disaster_Tskhadadze Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:43 pm

Wensdi, the hardest part was him not knowing who I was anymore. He was my dad and my best mate, and we had all these football memories - all lost "like tears in rain" as the line goes in Bladerunner.

We both kept each other going over the years, through the thin and thinner. One notable day he just didn't want to go anymore and I was like, "come on, give 'em one more go..." And he's going, "Look at it, it's pissing down... right, last time this, tellin' yer now, not going again if it's crap..."

The match? v Huddersfield, 1987...
Disaster_Tskhadadze
Disaster_Tskhadadze
New Signing
New Signing

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:46 am

LOL - bet he was well chuffed!!  They played in such tiny shorts back then an 'all - how funny!!  I've got some old programmes I look thru sometimes - seems like the "olden days".  Hopefully you have your good memories to pull from and you cherish them TD.  I do - spent many a Saturday next to my Dad - swinging on the bars with my brother on the Kop and watching the wingers thunder past - come on you BLUES!!
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:38 am

So sorry to hear about your dad bluey.

My dad wasn't a big footy fan, though he did like to see good players playing and exciting matches.

I'm sure he smiled every time Utd lost though.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nijinsky Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:48 am

My condolences Blue, must be very hard for you at the moment.

I just hope the boys put in a performance today that would make your dad proud and give him a proper send off.
Nijinsky
Nijinsky
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:16 pm

Topdawg wrote:So sorry to hear about your dad bluey.

My dad wasn't a big footy fan, though he did like to see good players playing and exciting matches.

I'm sure he smiled every time Utd lost though.

Cheers Dawg.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:17 pm

Nijinsky wrote:My condolences Blue, must be very hard for you at the moment.

I just hope the boys put in a performance today that would make your dad proud and give him a proper send off.

Cheers N. Let's hope so...!!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:25 pm

Bit late passing on my condolences Blue, but absolutely feel for you at this time.
All the best to you and your family.
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:21 pm

My condolences to you and all the family blue during this tough time.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:30 pm

Hi guys.

Appreciate all of your messages.

Cheers.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:16 pm

Just read this thread (I've been in away in York)...so sorry to hear about your Dad Andy. Deepest condolences to you and your family pal.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:24 pm

never good, hope you're doing alright..
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:17 am

Sorry to hear your dad passed away Andy
I know how you feel as I lost my father last year
He too used to say Besty was the best he'd ever seen

I vaguely remember watching him on TV but that was probably towards the end of his sadly too short career when he was playing for Fulham I think

Anyway many condolences & I hope everything goes as well as can be expected for the funeral
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:22 am

Cheers guys. Appreciated.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:00 pm

Just playing catch up on the threads... So sorry to hear about your dad, Bluey. My condolences to you and yours, and I hope Thursday passes with lots of good memories of the man he was.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:47 pm

TMG wrote:Sorry to hear your dad passed away Andy
I know how you feel as I lost my father last year
He too used to say Besty was the best he'd ever seen

I vaguely remember watching him on TV but that was probably towards the end of his sadly too short career when he was playing for Fulham I think

Anyway many condolences & I hope everything goes as well as can be expected for the funeral
Lost mine a couple of years ago to cancer,it was a bit of a relief when he died to see an end to the suffering 
My old fella wouldn't have a good word to say about anything or anyone to do with Utd,he hated them.Fortunately I've not been passed down the bitterness as regards the filthy rag cunts

Hope all goes as well as it can do Andy
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:13 pm

Cheers PPLF.

It's all a bit messy to be fair. He remarried when I was 18...and trying to get any influence over his funeral is nigh on impossible.

Managed to persuade them to allow me to do the Eulogy...so guess that's one minor battle won.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:32 am

I hope all went as well as it could have for you on Thursday. Buzzer on George Best's anniversary...nice read. Icon_question

PPLF I have never read an ounce of hatred ever in your posts, especially regarding Uniturd. It is just a natural feeling towards them. Well they do say the truth hurts.Buzzer on George Best's anniversary...nice read. Icon_biggrin
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:48 am

Cheers guys. Yeah, all went as well as it could have done.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down