Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
So who to blame? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 11:01 pm by shakencity

» Pep’s at it again
So who to blame? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
So who to blame? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
So who to blame? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
So who to blame? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
So who to blame? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
So who to blame? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
So who to blame? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
So who to blame? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
So who to blame? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

So who to blame?

+2
Topdawg
Paulpowersleftfoot
6 posters

Go down

So who to blame? Empty So who to blame?

Post by Topdawg Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:07 am

Liverpool have changed their style. They are running more. Not just a little bit, but a lot more. they are chasing down defenders when they have the ball, not allowing them an easy time to pass it around. They are harrying the goalkeeper when the ball is passed back to him. They are pressing really hard.

So why City think they can ignore their change in style and think they can just stroll through another game? It is highly delusional to think that you can just turn up and win. Yet City appear to be doing that time and time again.

The first choice defensive pairing at the end of last season, looked out of their depth.

Giving Mauel Pellegrini a contract extension before the start of the season seemed like a masterstroke. But everyone knew he was going to leave if Pep was available for next season.

Well City better hope that Pep is available next season, but I'm not convinced he'll sort this shower out any time soon.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

So who to blame? Empty Re: So who to blame?

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:21 am

It's a shambles that really didn't need to happen though,it's incredible that Pellegrini and his coaching staff thought that starting set up against a manager known for a high press and high energy start was going to be anything but a mighty struggle. It was the height f incompetence from Pellegrini and it's not an isolated incident either.
With the personnel available we should have started with
Hart
Sagna Otamendi Mangala Kolorov
Fernando
Fernandinho Delph
DeBruyne Aguero Sterling

winning the midfield was always going to have to be the first objective so to play the bone idle Yaya and Fernando who we know only too well isn't capable of playing in a 2 man midfield,attempting to shield Mangala and Demichellis,was utterly ridiculous. I bet Klopp was giddy when he saw our line up,I know I was horrified when it was announced.
Guardiola may or may not come in the summer,but I'll be very disappointed if we start next season with the laughably named engineer still in charge
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:52 am

When I saw that line up I knew we were in for a tough time.

i wanted a stacked midfield to protect our defence and then rely on our attack to sort out the goals. But did the attackers really get the chance to have a proper go when our defence and midfield are under so much pressure.

I wanted Fernando and Fernandinho to be protecting the back 4 with Yaya pushed further forwards. But I prefer Rich's
option of having Delph instead of Yaya. The mileage covered for starters would have made some difference.

Bolt up the back and then rely on the front three.

It's a worry that we struggle to beat Norwich, draw with Villa and get our arses handed to us by Spuddies and the Dippers.

Can I see us winning the league? Honestly not sure until Silva is back and fully fit.

But, if we are relying on David to beat this shower of shit (struggling in the league even with Klopp), then heaven help us.

It isn't just about getting new personnel in. We can go out and get Stones (and we really should), but the odd new face won't make the difference.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:56 am

Biggest problem is he doesn't learn from his mistakes,however glaring they are.
If we played them again next week he'd play the same team.
He's one shit engineer
I'd take Ancelotti right now in a heartbeat
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:02 am

I'll agree with that. Luckily I had to go out at 1-0 but the writing was already on the wall by then.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:04 am

I hate to say I told you so so I won't  Embarassed

We had to play the way we played against Seville away, that would have at least hit the dippers head on.  When he did it we all thought bloody hell he can do it after all.   Cue next two games and we've been absolutely garbage.  I half expected Villa the most doomed team ever to walk the prem league to knick a winner.

Our formation needed changing after the first goal yesterday not at half time when 3-1 down.  We all see that and we are just fans, not a clown on multi-millions a year salary.

I agree PPLF if the whispers out of Germany that pep is signing his 17m (WTF) a year extension then dump the old chump now and get Ancelotti in for the January window.

Seems CL is the priority this year though.   We should be walking this league even now, and yet we are not even top 4 material on current form.

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:09 am

If Klopp can effect a difference just by making them run a lot further, why can't we? Don't top teams like Barca put you under pressure? We've seen it time and time again when teams put us under tremendous pressure - we just boot the ball around.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:14 am

I don't get this idea of saving players for the CL game midweek. If we'd given the dippers a hiding the players would be heading to Turin on Wednesday full of confidence but now there has to be a sour feeling in the camp after that shambles and negativity in thought,that's human nature.
Same for the supporters,I'm not looking forward to the trip now on Wednesday like I was last week,it effects us all
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:00 pm

We are top of our CL group and a draw will do us in Turin next week so why not go out to ensure we win against Liverpool and put out a defensive team next week for the CL? We could still have a forward three of note (Sterling, Aguaro, Kevin) so why worry about the next match?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:30 pm

Just remind me who was at home yesterday and who was top of the table yesterday?
What's all this stack the midfield and protect the defenders?

Said it for 18 months, whilst that lazy fuckwit continues to be picked, week in week out....we'll always have problems in MF.

Thank fuck I didn't watch it.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:37 pm

You can't blame it all on one man Bluey. If you don't like him, don't pick him in your FF team then. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

He wasn't the reason he got spanked on yesterday, at least not the only one.

You have at least got to put some effort in evaluating how the other team might set up and counter that if you feel it is necessary.

You can't just ignore the other team and play the same way every time.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:03 pm

Why? Barca do. Bayern do. Real do. United did under Taggert.

I didn't watch the game so can't comment on each player. However, he brings fuck all to the table these days...and as you said, if a team up with high energy pressing against us, the one player you don't need in your team is TLMF.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:43 pm

But you pick him in your FF tam every week. there must be a reason behind it. Surely?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:06 am

BUSTED Blue !

Think he's got a secret man crush on him really  Very Happy
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:37 am

Just like everyone, we always have one player that you think "watch me drop him and he'll have a stormer"...well he's binned from now on!! Wanker.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:33 am

Sagna - my mind was on the Paris attacks. Wasn't ready to face Liverpool.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:41 am

Topdawg wrote:Sagna - my mind was on the Paris attacks. Wasn't ready to face Liverpool
Oh fuck off Sagna. Why didn't you tell the fucking manager before the game then Evil or Very Mad

Don't use that as an excuse for your shite performance.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:20 am

I don't like these after the event comments especially since he didn't play shit for France versus England just a few days beforehand. I had him down as having a pretty decent game then.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:28 am

Topdawg wrote:I don't like these after the event comments especially since he didn't play shit for France versus England just a few days beforehand. I had him down as having a pretty decent game then.
Exactly.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:12 am

shakencity wrote:
Topdawg wrote:Sagna - my mind was on the Paris attacks. Wasn't ready to face Liverpool
Oh fuck off Sagna. Why didn't you tell the fucking manager before the game then Evil or Very Mad

Don't use that as an excuse for your shite performance.
Damn right! And to think we had Zaba on the bench, at least he wouldn't have been turned over every time. And he'd have made a few tackles.

And Mango didn't trot out that excuse for his crap performance, he's done the right thing and stayed schtum.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:43 am

Zabba back for Juve then.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down