Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Man City: Alan Shearer questions Manuel Pellegrini's 'moaning' EmptyToday at 8:49 am by Jwils2710

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
Man City: Alan Shearer questions Manuel Pellegrini's 'moaning' EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
Man City: Alan Shearer questions Manuel Pellegrini's 'moaning' EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Man City: Alan Shearer questions Manuel Pellegrini's 'moaning' EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Man City: Alan Shearer questions Manuel Pellegrini's 'moaning' EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Man City: Alan Shearer questions Manuel Pellegrini's 'moaning' EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Man City: Alan Shearer questions Manuel Pellegrini's 'moaning' EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Man City: Alan Shearer questions Manuel Pellegrini's 'moaning' EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Man City: Alan Shearer questions Manuel Pellegrini's 'moaning' EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Man City: Alan Shearer questions Manuel Pellegrini's 'moaning' EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Man City: Alan Shearer questions Manuel Pellegrini's 'moaning'

5 posters

Go down

Man City: Alan Shearer questions Manuel Pellegrini's 'moaning' Empty Man City: Alan Shearer questions Manuel Pellegrini's 'moaning'

Post by blueboy Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:28 am

So, the BBC, which is funded by the taxpayer and is supposed to show impartiality, allowed Alan Shearer his 5 minute rant about the morality of City resting 6/7 players for yesterday's game. I don't remember it being balanced out by facts - more of a "they shafted us, so let's shaft them".
Anyone would think Shearer has never been rested for games!! Wink

This is what he said - facts in bold.:

Ex-England captain Alan Shearer says he does not understand why Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini is "moaning" about fixture congestion.
Pellegrini started six teenagers in Sunday's 5-1 FA Cup defeat at Chelsea, resting his regulars for Wednesday's Champions League trip to Dynamo Kiev.
"Barcelona played on Saturday and they face Arsenal in the Champions League on Tuesday," said Shearer.
The flight to London from Barcelona is 2'15. The flight to Kiev is 5'10 and is +3 time difference.
"It is the same amount of time as City, but they didn't rest any players." But Barcelona don't have a game then until Sunday, not a cup final! 
The ex-Newcastle manager added: "I don't get the talk of resting players. City are - and want to be - a very big club on the global stage.
"They've got more resources than anyone. I never see Luis Suarez, Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo wanting to be left out. Barcelona don't have a squad of 14 fit first team players to pick from. I'm sure if all were fit, we may have just seen 2/3 kids yesterday. 
"It seems a big issue in our country." No mention of Hull and Arsenal making 7 changes and Hull 10 changes the day before!! So what's the difference with Arsenal resting players for the Barca game when they don't have to travel anywhere???
Oh, and while we're at it, what about being rested for a UEFA Cup game, by Sir Bobby Robson because you had another game at the weekend - and your reply - "fine, I understand"
See below:
In the same year that Gullit vented his bitterness Sir Bobby Robson rested Shearer for a Uefa Cup match against the Norwegian side Valerenga. Shearer was 33 and Robson told him: "According to my report, we can get by without you. You played against Boro on Saturday and you're playing again on Sunday." Robson's recollection of his captain's response was: "Fine, I'm disappointed but I understand."

After the match Shearer told the press he was "angry and disappointed" at being omitted, which created a media fire storm and strained relations between the two local idols. 

The BBC are a disgrace - and Shearer, he's just a manipulative bellend. Rolling Eyes
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Man City: Alan Shearer questions Manuel Pellegrini's 'moaning' Empty Re: Man City: Alan Shearer questions Manuel Pellegrini's 'moaning'

Post by Topdawg Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:42 am

We only had 13 fit first teamers yesterday.
Arsenal made 9 changes.

At HT, no-one could really complain.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Man City: Alan Shearer questions Manuel Pellegrini's 'moaning' Empty Re: Man City: Alan Shearer questions Manuel Pellegrini's 'moaning'

Post by shakencity Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:52 am

If the FA and Mr Shearer feel City devalued the FA Cup by resting players, then maybe the FA need to address why they did it exactly.

Ultimately, they did City no favours, so why should City do them any.

As you said blue, other teams have always done this, even more so in the C1C....but nothing every gets mentioned then, so why should this be any different.
Hull made 10 changes against Bury in the FA, as did Leicester in the C1C knowing they had more important games a few days later....i know they both beat us, but nothing was said about them "devaluing" the Cups.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:57 am

It's just more anti-City by the BBC. 

Shearers a cock anyway. Le Saux also.

Now, if it was on Sky, they pay their pundits - but the BBC is funded by the general public, so they should at least demonstrate impartiality.

Found this by Stuart Brennan:

Never before has a heavy defeat been greeted with such appreciation by Manchester City fans.
And yet, the young team Manuel Pellegrini put out at Stamford Bridge, against the reigning champions, fully justified his decision.
Pellegrini took a huge gamble by throwing five youngsters in for their full debuts.
The knives were not just being sharpened before the game, they were already out and being wielded, as BBC pundit Graeme Le Saux accused City of disrespecting the FA Cup.
Given the fact that the Blues strongly protested the switching of the tie to a Sunday, when they have a Champions League game in Kiev three days later, they have a damned cheek.
It would be easy to suggest that the FA and the BBC disrespect the competition, by associating it with a brand of lager, and by blithely switching ties for their own convenience, and with no thought for clubs who are flying the English standard in European competition.
Pellegrini's team selection was a big two-fingered salute to both of them.
But it also looked odd to City fans. They have been clamouring for Pellegrini to give youth its head for the last two and a half seasons.
But for a man who was brought in on a “holistic” ticket, he has been strangely reticent to do so.
Even when situations have cried out for a debutant, he has resisted, sometimes stubbornly.
So to suddenly hand full debuts to five players – Tosin Adarabioyo, Aleix Garcia, Manu Garcia, Bersant Celina and David Faupala – looked like he was doing the right thing, but for the wrong reasons.
From the moment the teams were announced, the script was that Chelsea would smash the City kids.
But the young Blues began brilliantly, with Faupala twisting past Gary Cahill and Branislav Ivanovic to fire in a shot beaten away by Thibault Courtois.
They were dogged and disciplined in defence, with young Chorlton lad Adarabioyo excellent, and Manu Garcia grew in stature.
Even when Diego Costa headed Chelsea ahead, the Blue kids did not crumble.
Manu Garcia buzzed around the box like David Silva to feed Faupala, who slipped a pass for Kelechi Iheanacho and then darted into the six-yard box to get on the end of the return ball.
Chelsea ran away with it in the second half with goals from Willian, Cahill, Eden Hazard and Bertrand Traore, but that fails to tell the full story.
Chelsea, as you would expect, dominated possession but City were bright and inventive in possession and, if anything it was senior pros Willy Caballero, Martin Demichelis and Aleks Kolarov who were the biggest let-downs.
City found new heroes in Faupala, Manu Garcia and Adarabioyo – names we will see more of in the future.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:11 am

Bang goes Brennan's gig with the BBC.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:32 pm

Urgh, I wanted to punch the telly when Shearer started banging on about how it's bollocks that we rested so many players, comparing us to Barca in that they didn't rest players (but conveniently ignoring the facts that Arsenal did and that Barca aren't missing key players).

I don't blame the FA entirely as they're now so bound by TV money that they have to dance to their tune more and more often.  But I dare say the Beeb don't splash that much, plus they didn't even offer to ask Fulham if they minded playing their league game on another day.

If I was feeling mean, I'd say it was a conspiracy to fuck up our season.  Like we're not doing it enough to ourselves!

Still, if the plan was to fuck the FA and the BBC off, we kind of shot ourselves in the foot a bit, because it was one of the best games I've seen this season.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down