Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
I've read a lot of articles this morning on last night's game...and EmptyYesterday at 11:22 am by TMG

» Pep’s at it again
I've read a lot of articles this morning on last night's game...and EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
I've read a lot of articles this morning on last night's game...and EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
I've read a lot of articles this morning on last night's game...and EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
I've read a lot of articles this morning on last night's game...and EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
I've read a lot of articles this morning on last night's game...and EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
I've read a lot of articles this morning on last night's game...and EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
I've read a lot of articles this morning on last night's game...and EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
I've read a lot of articles this morning on last night's game...and EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
I've read a lot of articles this morning on last night's game...and EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I've read a lot of articles this morning on last night's game...and

3 posters

Go down

I've read a lot of articles this morning on last night's game...and Empty I've read a lot of articles this morning on last night's game...and

Post by blueboy Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:23 am

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/paris-proved-manchester-city-must-7704848

I don't expect the journo's to go over the top, as it was just a draw in the end - but still a great draw after most had written us off. However, I've just read this article by John Cross who's a pretty well respected football journo, and it's been a while since I read a more contradicting article.

He starts off talking about the £78m we paid for Otamendi and Mangala, proceeds to explain how they got ripped apart last night with error-strewn performances and then explains how PSG scored - neither of which were down to Ota and Manga - it was Fernando and Fernandinho at fault (plus it being offside).

He has a point about Joe Hart, but really, with the game being such an end to end game with lots of chances, lots of drama - you'd think they'd try to give us some credit for not sitting back and trying to grab a 0-0. Rolling Eyes
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

I've read a lot of articles this morning on last night's game...and Empty Re: I've read a lot of articles this morning on last night's game...and

Post by leopold Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:38 pm

I read that article in the paper version of the Mirror about half an hour ago and I had to scratch my head.  Yes, Mango could've conceded a penalty early on (and possibly get sent off in the process), but other than that was pretty solid.  Otamendi, whilst not as good on the night, didn't really do much to complain about.  Dino and Nando were the ones who had hiccups and at least in Dino's case, he was good enough to cover up for one error (and there was the small matter of Clichy being out of position and Joe not doing more to save the ball instead of just lamely pawing it away).

We were never going to get credit for that performance, even though we did more than Chelsea when they won the whole thing a few years back - their performance against Bayern in the final was woeful, but everyone blew smoke up their arses.  Weird.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

I've read a lot of articles this morning on last night's game...and Empty Re: I've read a lot of articles this morning on last night's game...and

Post by blueboy Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:43 pm

Agree Leo...I've been developing some courses for next, so took a break about 5 mins ago and went to the Guardian (who are normally decent), to see what their thoughts were on last night.

Guess what? A small link to what Aguero said after the game.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/07/sergio-aguero-manchester-city-psg

Rolling Eyes
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:24 am

I still do no think the mango challenge was a penalty & have to agree with the ref here iv'e seen it 4 or 5 times now & the slow motion clearly sees matuidi clip his own leg first, which caused the stumble
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:27 am

who gives a rats what the papers say anyway. I know criticism is hurtful when unwarranted but I would say fuck em & go 7 win the bloody thing, then watch them grudgingly accept that although not pretty maybe city are made of sterner stuff than they are given credit for.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down