Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Eng v Wales EmptyToday at 8:49 am by Jwils2710

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
Eng v Wales EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
Eng v Wales EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Eng v Wales EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Eng v Wales EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Eng v Wales EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Eng v Wales EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Eng v Wales EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Eng v Wales EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Eng v Wales EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Eng v Wales

+4
skyblueoz
Topdawg
leopold
blueboy
8 posters

Go down

Eng v Wales Empty Eng v Wales

Post by blueboy Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:47 pm

Hart is bobbins....got two hands to Bale's free kick from 35yrds and still couldn't keep it out. Shite.

And we wonder why Pep wants another keeper??

England are shite....Kane is useless up front, looks like his boots are tied together. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Eng v Wales Empty Re: Eng v Wales

Post by leopold Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:59 pm

And yet we came back to win 2-1 in stoppage time Razz

From what little I saw, we were the same here as against Russia - all over them, but just not there with the finishing. We should be well clear in the group and worrying everyone, but thanks to being unable to shoot straight we're making things far too hard for ourselves. That said, I'm still enjoying the energy and effort the lads are putting in, it's a far cry from the so-called "golden generation".
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:14 pm

Vardy has to be starting. As I said before the tournament, I'd play Vardy and Sturridge from the start in a 433 or a 442 (without Kane). I;d even have Rashford in front of Kane at the moment.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:21 pm

leopold wrote:And yet we came back to win 2-1 in stoppage time Razz

From what little I saw, we were the same here as against Russia - all over them, but just not there with the finishing.  We should be well clear in the group and worrying everyone, but thanks to being unable to shoot straight we're making things far too hard for ourselves.  That said, I'm still enjoying the energy and effort the lads are putting in, it's a far cry from the so-called "golden generation".

We created nothing in that first half....we were shite. The shooting is appalling. the movement in the box is non-existent.

At least give Woy some credit, he made some attacking options at half time, which is unusual....and both scored. We were still shit at shooting in the second half, but scraped through in the end.

Thought Walker was excellent today. Hart'll be relieved tonight.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:28 pm

Hate to say it and it really goes against the grain at club level but rooney has played very well in that midfield role. My only criticism is for him to cut out the extravagant pass just keep it simple. funny how they were trying to hit it long for Vardy to run on to yet with sterling they insist on playing to his feet with his back to goal, when playing it long would benefit him & England. Joe was poor which is unusual for him Sterling might as well have been at home having a cuppa Thought Lallana was very busy also.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:35 pm

Eng v Wales 13450299_540666329472300_3783859296199166577_n
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:36 pm

Eng v Wales 13427956_10208647097509178_1488391020532676283_n
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:39 pm

skyblueoz wrote:Hate to say it and it really goes against the grain at club level but rooney has played very well in that midfield role. My only criticism is for him to cut out the extravagant pass just keep it simple. funny how they were trying to hit it long for Vardy to run on to yet with sterling they insist on playing to his feet with his back to goal, when playing it long would benefit him & England. Joe was poor which is unusual for him Sterling might as well have been at home having a cuppa Thought Lallana was very busy also.

I think Rooney has done really well in that role...keeps the ball moving and switching play.

Yeah, I agree....Sterling makes runs, the ball never gets pinged to him....yet they play Vardy and try and hit him over the top - when Sterling has posted the quickest run in the Euros so far.

Thought Smalling was very dodgy today....and can any of those players get a free header on target??

At least Kane didn't take the bloody corners!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:21 pm

Sterling & Kane can fuck off home for me. Really shit today. Rashford did more in 10 minutes than Sterling did in the last 90 he has played. 
Walker & Rooney were fantastic today
Dier needs to learn how to pass instead of hopeful chips into the box. Ali needs to do more
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:41 am

Relieved.  Who would have thought Kane would be woeful.  Rooney has really done a good job probably pissed of his critics though - LOL.  Hope Wales gets though - just behind us.  Well done Northern Ireland - hope they get through.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:25 am

England win against Slovakia and we top the group. Win the first knockout match and their next game is in Lille - and I've got tickets!!!
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:29 am

Sterling in the starting 11 just makes my blood boil, it's bad enough him starting at City, but for England too...argh!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Roy, please come to your senses and drop him ffs.

Rooney n surprisingly Lallana have done ok for me and i know this is controversial here, but i think Ali's been disappointing in the 2 games and i'd drop him for Sturridge.
Kane to start over Vardy for me, i just think Vardy will have more of an impact from the bench than Kane would.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:14 am

I agree about Alli....I think he's been wasteful with the ball.

Personally, I'd give Rashford and Vardy a go against Slovakia.

I'd also give Barkley a go ahead of Alli.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:15 am

Hart
Walker, Cahill, Smalling, Betrand (give Rose a rest)
Dier, Rooney
Lallana, Barkley, Rashford
Vardy
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:27 am

I start;
.................Hart
Walker...Cahill....Stones...Rose
....................Dier
Lallana...Barkley...Rooney....Sturridge
...............Kane
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:31 am

Can't argue with most of that. Ali has been disappointing. Give Barkeley or Wilshere a game instead
Don't agree about Kane though. He's had his chance as has Sterling and they've both been crap. I'd start with Sturridge & Vardy up front and Rashford on the left instead of Sterling
I'd consider giving Walker a rest after his tremendous performance yesterday
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:33 am

Fair post Tony.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:50 pm

I would drop Sterling, Ali, Kane and possibly Hart, his mistakes are getting worse and his distribution is still woeful i would give Forster the jersey against Slovakia.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:36 pm

One mistake and you've written him off.  I think Joe has been a big influence on the team as a whole - he's very passionate about England and it shows.  He's the only one in the line up who belts out the national anthem - and he tries to lift the team in the tunnel.  Yes - I know he let in a goal - but he's also made some great saves in previous matches domestically and for England.  Buffon is the same - very passionate about his country.  So there Very Happy
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:21 pm

Yeah, I'm on Wensdi's side here guys, but only because I saw a million comments about him from rag wankers who seem to think that because he let in one goal and that Shrek played okay, it's fine to take the piss.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:15 pm

Sorry....I'm in the "Joe should easily have saved that and can't kick for shit camp".

I'll scream out the national anthem and shout "come on you fuckwits" in the tunnel....but it won't justify my inclusion between the sticks if I can't kick a ball to a colleague or palm a shot away from my goal!! Razz Razz Razz Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:06 pm

He's still the best in England though Andy.
All keepers make the odd mistake. I just hope Pep manages to sort out his appalling distribution.
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:22 pm

How many howlers has Joe made though for England and City?

I know he makes great saves as well...but you really don't see the likes of Buffon, Nueuer etc making ricks like he does from free kicks...and both of their distribution is far better, as is Forster's and Lloris'.....he's not world class, nowhere near it. He's a good keeper, but no great.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:36 am

i agree, he is not terrible by any means but some of his gaffs for club and country have been pretty spectacular. Why did he ask for a wall for a free kick so far out? And then he stood too far to his right and didn't see the ball until too late when it came over the wall that shouldn't have been put there in the first place! Shocked
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down