Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
The reward for failure..... EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 3:57 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
The reward for failure..... EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
The reward for failure..... EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
The reward for failure..... EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
The reward for failure..... EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
The reward for failure..... EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
The reward for failure..... EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
The reward for failure..... EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
The reward for failure..... EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
The reward for failure..... EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

Top posting users this month
No user

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

The reward for failure.....

4 posters

Go down

The reward for failure..... Empty The reward for failure.....

Post by blueboy Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:59 am

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

The reward for failure..... Empty Re: The reward for failure.....

Post by Topdawg Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:01 am

I don't think he's a failure so far. Maybe he could have done more, but the overall signs were of some improvement.
Not sure I'd have gone as far as offering him a new 6 yr deal though.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:16 am

Topdawg wrote:I don't think he's a failure so far. Maybe he could have done more, but the overall signs were of some improvement.
Not sure I'd have gone as far as offering him a new 6 yr deal though.

LFC finished 6th in 2014-15 season. Klopp had almost a full season and a transfer window to improve the team. They finished 8th and lost 2 cup finals. I'd say last season was a failure. Laughing
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:20 pm

They were in 10th when he took over and they finished 8th. Not much better, but better. Let's give him a full season, a proper transfer window and then we can make fun of the dippers again.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:29 pm

Topdawg wrote:They were in 10th when he took over and they finished 8th. Not much better, but better. Let's give him a full season, a proper transfer window and then we can make fun of the dippers again.
So you're saying he's over-hyped? Laughing Laughing Laughing

How's KL?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:32 pm

Amazes me today, reading all of the media stories about Pep's first PC.

Most take the stance he came across as slightly fearful of the PL, quoting all the 'negatives' from it.

I don't see it that way....I watched it and thought "wow...some honesty, calmness and a persona that oozes his complete faith in what he will do at City"
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:37 pm

he's impressed me quite a bit so far.

KL was a bit messy to start with. Bastard hotel whacked the price up when we arrived (booked through booking.com) so we moved to another hotel we've stayed at before. We should be moving to a serviced appartment on Monday.

It's very hot and humid and just trying to get over the jet lag (I tend not to sleep at all on planes).

Kids activities start on Monday so I'll get the chance to get out and about myself.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:52 pm

I like Klopp & thought he was right to give it a till the end of the season to see how his players shaped up in the league. We all know the jan transfer window is the hardest to do business in as no clubs want to sell their best players mid season. He will now be judged by the way his team go's about the premier league this season with his players. Liverpool were going nowhere under Rodgers, Klopp had an immediate effect on the attitude of the players. I expect a much better Liverpool this year.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:55 pm

Loved pep's first press conference , was honest, did not bag other managers, & had no ego He clearly  laid out his vision for the future & his objectives. liked the bit about how good the youth players were, & what he expects from the players.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:02 pm

skyblueoz wrote:I like Klopp & thought he was right to give it a till the end of the season to see how his players shaped up in the league. We all know the jan transfer window is the hardest to do business in as no clubs want to sell their best players mid season. He will now be judged by the way his team go's about the premier league this season with his players. Liverpool were going nowhere under Rodgers, Klopp had an immediate effect on the attitude of the players. I expect a much better Liverpool this year.

My sons friend Ben Woodburn played for LFC last night against Tranmere....16 yrs of age!!

He's just signed his pro contract at LFC and has been training with Klopp and the first team all week.

As for Klopp, yes, he's a good manager.....but after spending £330m in the previous few seasons, he escapes criticism as the they're not his players. That's all my post was about...oh, and I know they weren't his signings.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:45 am

so in essence then blue  he can't be deemed as a failure yet, as he hadn't spent the 330 million. As we have seen he doesn't rate Benteke whom the previous manager spent 32 million on Ings was injured before he arrived so that again is 10 million he was not able to utilize. ( it maybe the title of your post appeared to be saying he was rewarded for his failure)
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:49 am

skyblueoz wrote:so in essence then blue  he can't be deemed as a failure yet, as he hadn't spent the 330 million. As we have seen he doesn't rate Benteke whom the previous manager spent 32 million on Ings was injured before he arrived so that again is 10 million he was not able to utilize. ( it maybe the title of your post appeared to be saying he was rewarded for his failure)

Maybe failure is a bit strong - but can't think of anything else. I'm sure he was targeted to get LFC into Europe or win something....maybe?

However, you're talking about 2 players worth £42m....what about the other £280m+ worth of players at his disposal? The facts are the facts...they went from 6th to 8th in the PL. Yes, they got to two finals - and subsequently played shite in both and lost. That's as bad as not being in it at all.

When Klopp arrived, he had some of the following players at his disposal - yet finished off 2 places lower than Rogers. He had the Jan transfer window as well, but didn't buy.

Firmino - £29m
Clyne - £12m
Benteke - £32m
Can - £10m
Lalllana - £25m
Lovren - £20m
Markovic - £20m
Origi - £10m
Moreno - £12m
Sakho - £18m
Allen - £15m
Henderson - £16m
Coutinho - £8m

So...he lost 2 finals, he finished 2 places lower in the PL and he is rewarded with an extension of 6 years to his contract?
If they finish 10th and win fuck all again next season, will they offer him a 10 year deal? Razz

Last edited by blueboy on Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:52 am

I was listening to ex-players like John Aldridge saying "it's barmy.....why offer him anything, he's only been here a year? Offer him an extension if he actually wins something in the next couple of years"
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:19 am

Can't help thinking that Liverpool have done well to tie him to a new contract as he will i'm sure be a success. My mate a massive Liverpool fan was already for getting rid of Lovren, now since Klopp has been there he thinks he is a different player, so too Origi & Allen , Henderson was injured for the best part of the season Markovic was out on loan Can & Coutinho were ok Sakho is hit & Miss thren the drug scandal hit so he was missing. Firmino started to find some good form unfortunately AGAINST city & beyond.  

My mate rates Clyne  Lallana is an enigma he had some good games under Klopp & some poor ones he really needs to be more consistent. Liverpool's style changed to a more harrying type of game in which the opposition do not get time to dwell on the ball , that system was gradually having an effect. If Rogers had stayed I could see Liverpool ending up well down below half way in the table.

I doubt they will offer a 10 year deal, maybe another 5 to add onThe reward for failure..... Icon_razz
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:20 pm

When Rodgers left, Liverpool were 10th so finishing 8th is an improvement, no?

You could see signs if the incredible hard work they put in and that reaped it's own reward (look how Sagna got mugged for their first goals against us). Maybe they didn't have enough quality in the players to do too much more, but I think they'll finish a little higher than 8th next season.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:02 pm

OK...Klopp was a success and deserved his 6 year extension. Razz Razz Razz Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:08 pm

He didn't get a 6 year extension. His contract was extended to 6 years. Wink
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:13 pm

I wouldn't say he was a success likewise he wasn't a failure. What I think he did do was turn a disjointed team into a team with a lot of potential. They will be up there this season with the right signings & no European football to worry about.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:27 am

I think Klopp's done ok and has made Loserpool into a better team, despite what the statistics show. Let him build a team over the next season or 2 and then judge him, but giving him a 6 year deal now is no big issue really...if one or both parties want to terminate the deal early it'll happen anyway.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:21 am

This thread started off a bit of a piss take towards LFC...and what it's ended up with, is a love-in by 606 BMF members for Klopp!! affraid
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:24 am

I'd hardly go that far Andy Embarassed
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:38 pm

shakencity wrote:I'd hardly go that far Andy Embarassed

It's OK, if you love Klopp Den, then you love Klopp.... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:22 pm

He was the one I would have chosen to replace pellegrini at the time prior to peps announcement. He was out of work & available. I like his all round demeanour. He is not dull like pel or arrogant like the moany one or taggart.

I have no problem saying I think he along with Ranieri are the more likeable managers in the prem.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:00 pm

Klopps a pervy manager....far too many ass-grabs. Razz Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down