Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Mango to Napoli on loan EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:51 am by Jwils2710

» Pep’s at it again
Mango to Napoli on loan EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Mango to Napoli on loan EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Mango to Napoli on loan EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Mango to Napoli on loan EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Mango to Napoli on loan EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Mango to Napoli on loan EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Mango to Napoli on loan EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Mango to Napoli on loan EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Mango to Napoli on loan EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Mango to Napoli on loan

4 posters

Go down

Mango to Napoli on loan Empty Mango to Napoli on loan

Post by Topdawg Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:49 am

Good riddance as he's rubbish.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Mango to Napoli on loan Empty Re: Mango to Napoli on loan

Post by skyblueoz Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:43 pm

what a shame he could well have turned out to be an ace defender. I only hope he really turns it on for Napoli & shows that when not covering for errant full backs & played correctly he is a decent defender like sterling is now showing that played correctly he is a damn good forward. The criticism he got was often totally uncalled for given that most of the time he was covering for errant full backs particularly left sided ones.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:09 pm

I disagree. His lack of ability to control a ball was entirely his fault.

he has no chance with pep wanting players, even goalkeepers, that can play the ball.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:00 pm

I knew you would disagree dawg.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:05 pm

Not going to be slighly missed, any of the young kids are better

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:41 pm

skyblueoz wrote:what a shame he could well have turned out to be an ace defender. I only hope he really turns it on for Napoli & shows that when not covering for errant full backs & played correctly he is a decent defender like sterling is now showing that played correctly he is a damn good forward. The criticism he got was often totally uncalled for given that most of the time he was covering for errant full backs particularly left sided ones.

I agree with you on this Oz.... Very Happy
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:41 pm

bollox. he couldn't control the ball and always looked uneasy in possession. That's no-one elses fault. He also made some very poor decisions.

He isn't good enough. Pep agrees since he hasn't given him even a single minute.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:57 pm

I agree with Dawg. Total waste of money yet again !
It's amazing how easy we are to get ripped off. Biggest suckers in Europe apart from the rags

17 million for an ageing 2nd goalkeeper when we already have a world class keeper
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:00 pm

If you are willing, reluctantly, to trust Pep regarding Joe Hart, then you must also trust Pep's opinion that Mangala is a turd warmed up...
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:19 pm

That's an utter dog shit excuse.

Joe Hart has saved our team on countless occasions for the past 10 years and has still got another 7 years in him.

Mangala was paired with Vinny and for 5 games was excellent...Diego Costa? A player that most PL CB's couldn't handle....yet he had him in his pocket.

Then, he was paired with MDM...who made most CB's looked awful, he had to cover Kolorov in all his glorious 'going lost at LB pomp'....made a couple of mistakes and all of sudden he's getting slated and then dropped.

Now...everyone is happy with Otamenid as our current first choice CB alongside Stones, until Vinny comes back.

How short a memory some have of his unbelievable errors, rash tackling and shite positional marking for goals against us.....but some remember a couple of own goals, wayward passes etc from Mangala.....did you watch the Stoke game and see Otamendi's passing and his complete and utter bollocking off Pep for once again....diving into tackles???

Mangala hasn't been given a proper run in the team alongside a CB partner, like Otamendi was afforded under MP.

But, it's all about opinions.... Wink
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:48 am

sorry but blue has it off to a tee I would just add where was Zlatan in the games against PSG last season. Mango had him totally sewn up & the only time he got away was the mistake between Joe & Fernando which no doubt someone will find a reason to blame Mango for it.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:06 am

You pick out the odd decent game he had. It's like a youtube video  of Jo...you can always find some good moments.

Doesn't matter who you are partnering, if you can't control a ball, you're in trouble.

I'm not happy having Otamendi as CB either.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:09 am

Why is Otamendi even being mentioned. This was about Mangala not being good enough which he wasn't

Otamendi wasn't a good signing either IMO but he seems to have done ok so far apart from the one rash dive in that Pep bollocked him for & hel get binned if Vinny ever manages to get back to full fitness

Bonucci & Vinny would have been my ideal CB pairing
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:06 am

I mentioned Otamendi as some on here, ever since Mangala was signed, have slated him, even though he not been given the opportunities that Otamendi has....but not many have been as 'over-the-top' about Otamendi, when he's been average to poor in many games he's played.

I mentioned Hart because Dawg was making reference to me saying "I guess we have to trust in the manager"...as if it's the same for Mangala......it's not. We've seen Hart for 10 years, we know what he can do. Mangala hasn't been given an extended run in the team so how do we really know what he can do? It was his fault for the his price tag.

Do we know if Vinny will ever get back to being as good as a he was? 

I think Stones has looked good so far.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:07 am

What I do know....is that the two Spaniards have bought some shit during their tenure - that's for sure.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:21 am

Definitely Blue
Must be the only business in the world where u can buy millions of £s of stock, throw it down the toilet and still keep your highly paid jobs
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:26 am

Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:11 pm

Looks offside to me
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:57 pm

TMG wrote:Looks offside to me
Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:16 pm

No I was not picking the odd game, the point I was making was that he was able to keep a guy with the reputation of Zlatan quiet over 2 matches proves to me with a sustained run he could well have been a lot better than people give him credit for & he was putting in some really good performances in the latter part of the season when he had the run of games. Jesus even pundits & commentators started giving him credit. Exactly the same as Fernando.

The weight of expectation by fans for the money these guys cost is understandably high but the level of patience is ridiculously low. Had we the money when the goat was around he wouldn't have lasted as fans were deriding him within 3 months saying how poor he was. He went on to legendary status at the club. Look how quickly we discarded Stefan Savic he has since played in champions league finals for Atletico Madrid. He could have been doing that for us but instant success is now the order of the day.

The other point is that players who come to the premier league for the first time usually take a good half season to a season to really adjust. The only players I can think of who hit the ground running was Aguero & Kompany. I do appreciate opinions will differ so I will leave it there.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:11 pm

Well put Oz....and I totally agree with everything you say.

I guess we all make quick judgements on players...and I guess the best managers in the world like Pep, have to do the same. Furthermore, Pep will probably have to make these decisions under pressure from the board - i.e. lets get rid of some of the wages.

I understand that - so I guess Mangala is a player who is a victim of this, as MP didn't provide him with enough game time to demonstrate what he can do, instead, choosing the likes of MDM over him.

As for Hart? We'll see what happens. Bravo will definitely NOT play at the weekend....will Willy re-take his place? Is Pep playing mind-games and testing Hart's bottle and determination? Guess we'll see before Weds with the rumours surrounding Hart with LFC - but that'll be a tricky situation, but one that may benefit us if he goes there on loan.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:22 pm

Pep has made his choice about mango very quickly. Maybe he didn't see anything in training to convince him he had a future at the club. Maybe he thought he couldn't learn what was required. Mango will go on loan and we'll get a small Lian fee and a small contribution to his wages. Nothing much.really do probably no big pressure from the board at all, just to maybe shift what Pep considers the weakest players.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:06 pm

Well I'm sure the board don't want the likes of Denayer, Mangala, Nasri, TLMLF, Bony et al, all being paid big wages when Pep doesn't want them....otherwise, we'd have £1m pw in wages, not even in our PL squad each game, never mind CL.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down