Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
White men can't jump! EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 3:57 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
White men can't jump! EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
White men can't jump! EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
White men can't jump! EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
White men can't jump! EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
White men can't jump! EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
White men can't jump! EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
White men can't jump! EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
White men can't jump! EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
White men can't jump! EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

Top posting users this month
No user

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

White men can't jump!

+4
leopold
gratedbean
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Paulpowersleftfoot
8 posters

Go down

White men can't jump! Empty White men can't jump!

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:47 am

Yeah right! Not if you are competing against Joleon Lescott! The one thing that (I thought) he was good at he let me down, and that his heading the damn ball away! Watched the replay on cityTV, if that had been Vidic or Kompany he would have at least put Davis off balance... Donkey is the word!

I couldn't less about his price tag, people that think he is decent CB wake up! How can he not make you nervous?! He was fault for both goals in my opinion. This is not about me having a go it's about ruining all the hard work that the likes of Dzeko, Silva, Dejong, Kompany ... put in.

The score line doesn't reflect what happened at all because of one individual. At this level this is not acceptable, I hope Mancini gets rid within the next year or so...

Back to top Go down

White men can't jump! Empty Re: White men can't jump!

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:24 am

Totally agree,Kompany next to him has helped him get away with it so far.I would offer Bolton Swp,Santa,and Bridge as a straight swap for Cahill who looks a class act.
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:28 am

I too was very impressed with Cahil, I think we need him more than we need Nasri because Aguero can also play a creative role if Silva gets injured...

We should offer 20m for Cahil (after we sign Nasri) and screw Wenger proper!

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:37 am

I think Mancini will slowly intergrate Savic in to the team this season and with Kolo coming back we have cover should we need to change.tbf Kompany got caught out a couple of times yesterday aswell.

Rumours are going about that we are looking at Uraguyan CB Sebastian Coates who at 20 years old and a full international would fit the bill nicely, mind you Barca, Madrid and nearly all top clubs are loooking at him.
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:15 pm

We really need to ship these leaches... We bought these players to raise club profile at such a high price and huge wages becasue at the time no high profile known top player wanted to play for us, having Hughes as the manager was a major factor and did not help to attract players from europe either. I'm afraid we'll take a hit but what we shouldn't do is make Spuds and our rivals stronger.

And apparently (according to the papers) Mancini has been told that he can't buy anymore!

Hopefully Savic will replace Lesser more often he only came on for him for 15mins I think last time...

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:25 pm

We all know that Lescott has upped his game, but is he good enough? No, he simply isn't. I still shit myself when he goes in for the ball, and I agree that he could have done more with regards to both Bolton goals, can't believe we let that shit Davies score.

I think it might be a bit early to start integrating Savic into the squad, but then again I don't know much about him so maybe he will start to play more of a part - especially if he can start to find some form in the early cup competitions. Did anyone see him stoop to head it just outside our area against Swansea when he came on? Only a small thing, but I like the way that straight away he will put his head on anything.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:38 pm

gratedbean wrote:I think it might be a bit early to start integrating Savic into the squad
I don't. Let's get him up to speed as quickly as we can. After all, he can't possibly be any worse than Lescott on a bad day, can he??
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:45 pm

That's true, I just don't really like the idea of putting our faith in a 20 year old new to the Premier League - and you can blame Wenger for instilling that fear in me.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:50 pm

Lescott has done pretty good IMHO but he was at fault for both goals conceded yesterday

Bread & butter stuff to win a ball in the air against Davis but he was beaten comprehensively. Piss poor but Davis is a good old fashioned CF & will do the same against (& has over the years) to other 1/2 decent CBs

Savic needs blooding & I'm sure he will be
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:55 pm

Tony, Davies is 35 years old and he was never quick just highlights the fact how slow Lesser is! The guy is well over 6 foot and he got beaten! Sometimes I wonder if he is even black!! He can't run and he can't jump!

The prem is ful of these type centre forwards, drogba/ rooney/ jones/ carew/... will kill him...

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:58 pm

Jesus I agree with you. Not sure about the speed bit but Lescott shouldn't be losing a one on one header like that against anyone

He should at least have done enough to put Davis off but no he was beaten hands down. Piss poor
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:02 am

In the build-up to Bolton's first goal, did anyone notice Silva's piss poor header across midfield, immediately putting us under pressure? Or how far away Micah was from Petrov? Blame Lescott if you want; bear in mind the ball should never have got that far.

For the second goal, Lescott should have done a lot better. But Davies has mugged plenty of (better) central defenders the same way. Also, consider Joe's positioning; initially good, then he backed off and moved right leaving himself too much to do. If he had maintained his first position...

Do I think we can find a better player than Lescott? Yes. But Lescott is the bloke in there at the moment and he's doing okay. I think Kolo will come back in eventually though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:28 am

Disaster, yes I did notice but I think we can cut him some slack since he is not a defender, the goal wasnt scored immediately after....Richards should have been closer yes but lescott lost his man ... Ask yourself this, how many times vidic or Ferdinand, terry have saved their teams arses by last ditch tackles and magnificent defending? And why arsenal havent? Its true defenders win you the league as toure said himself .
With lesser we have no chance, now you can defend him and be happy with 3,4 place but expect anything more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:05 am

Perhaps we could turn yaya into a central defender?
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:43 am

OMG you're slagging Lescott off NOW.

Someone on here's been telling you he's not good enough since the day he signed? scratch
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:52 am

PPLF, even if Yaya was playing central defence he would still be left up the top of the field strolling back in the final few minutes as the opposition lump it forward...

Was so bleedin obvious the commentators even felt the need to highlight it...
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:59 pm

Personal Gsus... the goal was scored within seconds of Silva's poor header. Lescott actually got there but the pace of the shot took the ball through his and Joe's boots. It was an exemplary finish.

Vidic, Ferdinand & Terry, all terrific defenders, all with a mistake or two in them per game. In the final third of last season I watched Lescott put it on the line for the shirt, putting his foot in where it hurts, putting his head in where it hurts, making vital interceptions. He's a big part of why we won a trophy and why we finished joint runners-up.

He was at fault for the Davies goal and I'm sure he knows it himself. I'm not defending him, I'm calling it as I see it.

Like I said, I expect Kolo to return when available. And if you said we were signing Vidic tomorrow and he was straight in alongside Kompany I'd be happy with that. Savic is a complete unknown. Cahill was fantastic for Bolton and I'd like to see City send in a cheeky bid for him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:24 am

savic doesn't look ready for me from what i saw in pre-season. maybe he just needed the gametime, but he got done in two games i saw (on the telly). he's only 20 and will probably play mostly cup games this season.

i wouldn't say no to a cahill bid. he looks good enough and probably better than JoLo.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:46 am

Disaster , of course when we concede everyone is to blame and are you seriously putting Silva down for that one mistake in his entire career !!!

Problem is lescott does it every week otherwise I dont have a problem with the odd mistake. I bet that lescott again will make a big mistake for his lapse of concentration or poor ability next week or the week after...

Klasnic was free to shoot thanks to him and the Davies goal was just a lapse of concentration which is not good enough.

Kolo has lapses also so I hope savic is the real deal or we get cahill.

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:37 pm

He unwinds the fantastic jobs that Hart, Kompany and Richards do far too often for my liking. Look at the goal we conceded at home to West Ham towards the end of last season, his lapses in concentration do cost us goals, and against better teams than West Ham and Bolton, he may cost us games.

Trying not to expect too much from Savic, I think a lot of us thought Balotelli was going to be the answer upfront when we signed him last season, and although there is only one Balotelli, you see what I'm getting at putting so much dependence in young players - I mean look at De Gea over at the swamp.

Kolo's back soon, but realistically, he's not much of an improvement on Lescott, if any. No use having all this quality in the side if it can all be undone by one weakness, and our opposition will learn and exploit this.

Considering our style of play as well, which is often slow build up and retaining posession, it is vital that we have players comfortable on the ball and who retain posession, Lescott's ability on the ball is seriously questionable.

I'm backing the 'cheeky bid for Cahill'.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:51 pm

grated,

I fear a "cheeky bid" for Cahill will get fucked off with only a few day of the transfer window to go........however, a "serious bid" might work though.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:02 pm

I guess, given Bolton's money worries, they'd jump at even a slightly cheeky bid. Maybe a swap deal, Sweep plus cash...
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:08 pm

12m, Sweep and Boyata on loan maybe. I do want to keep Wright-Phillips though...

Either way there's no way I'd pay over 15m for Cahill.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:20 pm

Personal G, for the love of Ariadne's arsehole...

You blamed one player. I pointed out there were mistakes before Lescott got involved, which there were. I don't blame any of them; Bolton scored a great goal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:25 pm

Ok I will let it go but will be back if he makes silly mistakes on a weekly basis like last year. Seriously some of you guys have short memories!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down