Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
City vs Barca will be very interesting EmptyToday at 1:49 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
City vs Barca will be very interesting EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
City vs Barca will be very interesting EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
City vs Barca will be very interesting EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
City vs Barca will be very interesting EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
City vs Barca will be very interesting EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
City vs Barca will be very interesting EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
City vs Barca will be very interesting EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
City vs Barca will be very interesting EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
City vs Barca will be very interesting EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

City vs Barca will be very interesting

3 posters

Go down

City vs Barca will be very interesting Empty City vs Barca will be very interesting

Post by Topdawg Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:08 am

I think everyone in football will be waiting eagerly for when we play Barca in the CL. It will show us how far we've come and, I fear, how far we've still got to go.

We have 5 weeks before we play Barca at their place and so we have time to get even better and for Gundogan and Sane to fit in.

We've got some tough matches in between though with Spuds and Everton looking hard with their starts.

I'd like to think we'd cause Barca all sorts of problems but, I think, they will still cause us more. Let's see how good Pep really is!!!
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

City vs Barca will be very interesting Empty Re: City vs Barca will be very interesting

Post by blueboy Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:41 am

I think it's the perfect game to see how we play against the best team in the world. As you say, it'll test how far we've come - likewise, it'll test how far away we are realistically, against the world's best teams.

I'm actually excited to see it.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

City vs Barca will be very interesting Empty Re: City vs Barca will be very interesting

Post by Topdawg Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:41 pm

Although it's early days yet, I'm sure no-one wants to play us domestically or abroad.

It's not like a few years ago when Bayern groaned when they drew us in the group stage of the CL as now there is real fear amongst some top teams.

Last year, I wouldn't have had us down as the 4th best team in Europe, heck we only just bagged the 4th best team in England. This year, I feel we are truly looking like one of the best half dozen teams in Europe.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:08 pm

It is early days  yet. We have come so far in a short space of time way beyond my wildest expectations. Some of the players I was all for discarding last season look like they are new signings. Pep has given them a new lease & a belief in themselves. The team is still only producing in certain periods of the game then they seem to slacken off for a period. However to expect the intensity they have shown so far for full 90 minutes is at the moment a step too far in my opinion. What has impressed me is the camaraderie amongst the players & the respect the manager is showing them. Every substitution was met with a hug Sterling even got a kiss on the forehead. There is still room for improvement & that is the scary thing & begs the question how far can we go???? I think Barcelona will beat us as they have the forwards that can expose our defensive frailties, & have been playing together the same system for a greater number of years. We are catching up though, make no mistake.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:34 pm

Watching the Barca v Celtic game, yes, they looked immense as usual, but Celtic's defence was nothing short of an embarrassment. They were just stood watching Messi, Suarez and especially Neymar, making runs in behind them and couldn't be arsed to cover each other.

I'm not taking anything away from Barca though, they're special - but I can't see Pep allowing our defenders to do that. Wonder who'll have the most possession?  Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:56 pm

And part of me is thinking to next season when Pep can change the fullbacks if he wants. And buy more midfielders!

Right now, this is a team and a club that any bright young talent would want to join in a heartbeat.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down