Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Do we really need another midfielder? EmptyToday at 3:48 am by atlblue

» Pep’s at it again
Do we really need another midfielder? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Do we really need another midfielder? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Do we really need another midfielder? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Do we really need another midfielder? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Do we really need another midfielder? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Do we really need another midfielder? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Do we really need another midfielder? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Do we really need another midfielder? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Do we really need another midfielder? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Do we really need another midfielder?

5 posters

Go down

Do we really need another midfielder? Empty Do we really need another midfielder?

Post by gratedbean Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:29 pm

Ok, so this is a story from the Metro, which makes it about as credabile as a Catholic priest applying to be a scout master, but Mancini has made no secret of the fact that he wanted to sign a winger and a centre mid. Now we've signed Nasri, do we really need another midfielder?

Not including the couple of decent looking young midfielders we have, we've got Barry, Johnson, De Jong, Milner, Silva, Yaya, SWP and Nasri.

Of those, four of them are capable of carrying out defensive midfield duties, five of them can be put out wide, and three of them can play central attacking roles. That's not including Kolarov, Zaba, Clichy and Balotelli who can all occupy roles in the midfield if needed.

If we sell Shauny, who can we get to replace him that is a better player, but will be happy with a similar amount of game time?

Milner showed that he definitely does offer something to the team against Bolton, and Barry is looking pretty decent at the moment too. There is a fine balance between a healthy squad with good competition for places and an overcrowded squad, I think that purchasing another senior midfielder would tip us over to the latter.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/873209-west-ham-reject-scott-parker-player-swap-offer-from-manchester-city
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Do we really need another midfielder? Empty Re: Do we really need another midfielder?

Post by lee1pen Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:38 pm

As far as i'm aware it was an inquirey from WH about Bridge and we offered a straight swap (to get off the pay role) SWP and Bridge which WH turned down because they either want a loan situation with Parker or money to boost the wages.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Do we really need another midfielder? Empty Re: Do we really need another midfielder?

Post by bellyblue Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:42 pm

IMO Nasri could be exactly what we need, at times our play was getting to midfield and stopping or slowing down. Now with Nasri and Silva, 2 of the best quick thinking attacking midfielders is what we have needed.

Could be a Mancini master plan.
bellyblue
bellyblue
Youth Team
Youth Team

http://bellytheblue@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:44 pm

We don't really need him

BUT

a. He is one of Arsenal's 2 best players. The other went last week. So they are now even weaker which has to be a good thing

b. He is a quality player so it's always good to have 2 quality players in every position

c. I'd rather we had him than one of our rivals eg. Chelsea, Scum, Spuds etc..

d. It shows that players of his class want to come to us because they think we are one of the best clubs in the country & will be winning things

When you say it's about as credible as a catholic priest applying to be a scout master that means the story is very credible scratch
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:48 pm

Looking at TMGs pic it seems we have a catholic priest as a member of legends
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:51 pm

Maybe as credable as a priest becoming a scout master would have made more sense...

I think we do need Nasri, because we look a bit clueless when Silva doesn't play. But also because him and Silva together should really be able to rip apart pretty much any opposition put infront of them, pretty exciting combination I'm sure anyone would agree! Just don't think we need another midfielder on top of that.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by bellyblue Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:04 pm

Yeah the midfield looks complete to me now.... just cant wait to watch Silva, Aguero and Nasri on the same pitch.

Still pinching myself just thinking of a few years ago to where we are now!!
bellyblue
bellyblue
Youth Team
Youth Team

http://bellytheblue@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:20 pm

we have enough midfielders, anymore quality midfielders would just get someone wanting to leave as they won't get many games.

get a fucking centre back bobby!
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down