Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Man City sponsorship deals hold off FFP for good.... EmptyToday at 9:19 pm by Wensdi

» Pep’s at it again
Man City sponsorship deals hold off FFP for good.... EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Man City sponsorship deals hold off FFP for good.... EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Man City sponsorship deals hold off FFP for good.... EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Man City sponsorship deals hold off FFP for good.... EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Man City sponsorship deals hold off FFP for good.... EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Man City sponsorship deals hold off FFP for good.... EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Man City sponsorship deals hold off FFP for good.... EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Man City sponsorship deals hold off FFP for good.... EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Man City sponsorship deals hold off FFP for good.... EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

Top posting users this month
Topdawg
Man City sponsorship deals hold off FFP for good.... Vote_lcapMan City sponsorship deals hold off FFP for good.... Voting_barMan City sponsorship deals hold off FFP for good.... Vote_rcap 
atlblue
Man City sponsorship deals hold off FFP for good.... Vote_lcapMan City sponsorship deals hold off FFP for good.... Voting_barMan City sponsorship deals hold off FFP for good.... Vote_rcap 
Wensdi

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Man City sponsorship deals hold off FFP for good....

4 posters

Go down

Man City sponsorship deals hold off FFP for good.... Empty Re: Man City sponsorship deals hold off FFP for good....

Post by Topdawg Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:44 am

BS and I've told him so. Politely, of course!
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Man City sponsorship deals hold off FFP for good.... Empty Re: Man City sponsorship deals hold off FFP for good....

Post by blueboy Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:46 am

huh?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:59 am

Which bit is BS mate? I mean, aside from the reason we boo the CL anthem.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:31 am

The main reason FFP is a thing of the past for us is the massive increase in tv revenues. The CL tv money was supposed to push our revenues up by £20M-£30M alone. I really can't see all our new sponsorship deals coming anywhere near to that.

And the new PL tv deal is supposed to bring in another £50M to the winners (even the bottom team gets and extra £30M).

These are the main reasons why FFP is a thing of the past.

The other things that have made a big difference to City is getting rid of some very highly paid players and getting new ones on lower deals.

The expanded stadium is probably pulling in around £10M a season.

Don't get me wrong, the new sponsorship deals help City, but they are just a drop in the ocean compared to the things I've mentioned which are probably worth about £100M a season to City.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:31 am

Maybe BS was the wrong word to use!
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:43 am

What about the £265m sale to China?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:36 am

Asset sale. Selling shares doesn't affect the profit and loss account. Which is what FFP is all about.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:37 am

And, I guess is was Sheikh Mansour selling some of his shares in CFG rather than City selling shares.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:34 pm

Topdawg wrote:Maybe BS was the wrong word to use!
Yeah, possibly.  Perhaps "misinformation" is more appropriate under the circumstances.  But where's the headline in us being safe from FFP when the bulk of the money has come from a source which would pretty much save every PL side from the clusterfuck that is UEFA's bludgeoning attempt at stopping City from being bigger than Inter.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:01 pm

Topdawg wrote:And, I guess is was Sheikh Mansour selling some of his shares in CFG rather than City selling shares.

By that, I assume your saying City is a completely different run business and not part of CFG?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:58 pm

City is a business in its own right, but it is a part of CFG. Sheick Mansour sold about 13% of CFG to the Chinese. I wrote a story at the time saying it valued CFG at about £2billion, very close to Utd.'s stock market valuation.

But none of that matters. It's a sale of shares that doesn't affect City's accounts (we are talking City revenue not CFG revenue here) as that's what ultimately matters for FFP.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:20 pm

I'm no accountant - but if City is part of the CFG and 13% of the CFG shares are sold for £265m, isn't City as a club and part of CFG, entitled to a quarter stake in the profits?

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:10 pm

blueboy wrote:I'm no accountant - but if City is part of the CFG and 13% of the CFG shares are sold for £265m, isn't City as a club and part of CFG, entitled to a quarter stake in the profits?

No it isn't,unless all parts of the group signed up as equal partners which would be highly unlikely
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:18 pm

City will be a wholly owned subsidiary of CFG. The owner of the shares in CFG (Sheikh Mansour) gets the money from selling his shares.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:27 am

Topdawg wrote:City will be a wholly owned subsidiary of CFG. The owner of the shares in CFG (Sheikh Mansour) gets the money from selling his shares.

And who owns Man City? Razz Razz Razz

Circles and Round comes to mind.. Very Happy
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:29 am

Oh...and it's a joke - don't go all accountant on me. Wink

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:01 pm

I haven't even gone accountant yet!

It's just common sense!
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:07 pm

Shocked
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down