Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Citys "stars" V Uniteds "kids" EmptyToday at 11:22 am by TMG

» Pep’s at it again
Citys "stars" V Uniteds "kids" EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Citys "stars" V Uniteds "kids" EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Citys "stars" V Uniteds "kids" EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Citys "stars" V Uniteds "kids" EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Citys "stars" V Uniteds "kids" EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Citys "stars" V Uniteds "kids" EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Citys "stars" V Uniteds "kids" EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Citys "stars" V Uniteds "kids" EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Citys "stars" V Uniteds "kids" EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Citys "stars" V Uniteds "kids"

+2
BoyWithTheArabsCash
ONH
6 posters

Go down

Citys "stars" V Uniteds "kids" Empty Citys "stars" V Uniteds "kids"

Post by ONH Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:59 pm

Who will have the better season, will it be Citys multi million pound massive squad of all stars or can Uniteds young guns blow them away.

City are already looking good but will "too many cooks" be their downfall with the many "stars" at the club fighting for first team places?

United also have had a very good start but have soon very tough games coming up thick & fast, playing all the top teams in the first couple of months of sesaon.

Could it be a "Manchester only" battle for the Prem this season with both clubs fighting it out at the top or will Chelsea/Arse/L/pool/Spurs & Co be up there aswell, more important who will be the "pride of Manchester" at the end ?

& I've not even started on the cups yet Wink

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Citys "stars" V Uniteds "kids" Empty Re: Citys "stars" V Uniteds "kids"

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:04 pm

Look a few threads down ONH under "Expectations", pretty much the same thread.

For what its worth, its between us, you lot and the chavs, with imho, us winning it. I still think Arse will get 4th and we'll all be laughing at the red dippers, as they open another book of condolence and hold a candle lit vigil for their shite season.
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:38 pm

Who knows?!!! that's the magic of football.

UTD are the team to beat, be1n9 champions an'all... but as City seem to have hit the ground running, will we do a Chelsea, or will our strength in depth come out top over UTD's experience of seeing out the season? whatever, looks to be a good one on the cards!
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:07 pm

Alan Hansen repeatedly tells us, with reference to Arsenal, that you won't win anything with kids.

Although in United's case it's complete bollocks. Rooney is hardly classed as a kid. Fletcher is no spring chicken either, nor is Berbatov, or Vidic, or Evra. Carrick and Ferdinand are getting on a bit and Giggs is nearly as old as I am! That's half the first team who are old enough to remember when Leeds won the first division. Hardly a team of kids, really.

It's my hope that our increasing strength in depth will see us through, but we need to develop that steel mentality, the one that helps us see out tough games with all three points, rather than settling for a draw.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:31 pm

Have you heard of the story that some idiot put a hole in the boat and sank the lot? Well can have the best midfield/attack in the country, what's the point when you have Lescott! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:41 pm

Jesus GSus give it a rest. OK so the lad had a shit game on Sunday.

But he's done a decent job in most games since Toure took his wife's pills & in my view he is better than Toure. Without him I'm not so sure we would have finished 3rd & won the FA Cup

Everyone makes mistakes,even the magnificent Vince in the recent wembley game did

He loves playing for the club, he seems to get on well with all his team mates & he does the best he can
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:54 pm

Ok tony I will give it a rest! Lets see how many more of these mistakes he will make and at what cost next time!
I'm disappointed because you look forward to the season and dont want to see that against a weak team at the start.

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:39 am

do you want to start a tally of cock ups made by lescott and kompany?

lescott had a bad start to his career at city and it is hard for him to get over that.

vinnie had a good start and people remember that.

you can't vilify JoLo for a bad game against Bolton and not have a go at VK for the Community Shield.

You can't have a pop at people for one bad game.

We had the most clean sheets last year so some defenders must have been doing something right.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:50 am

By defenders doing their job, you mean vinnie covering lessers arse on too many occasions... As I said lets see how he gets on, I want to see if anymore in denial here about his ability...

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:26 am

To be fair, VK covered Kolo's arse on more than the odd occasion as well. It's what he does - he gives licence for his CB associate to make a complete arse of things, because he can generally be relied upon to mop up any mistakes. The problem is, we're relying too much on Vinny to not cock things up himself, because if he does then we've got problems.

Lescott may not be the best CB in the world, but he's the best we've got available. So yes, let's see how he gets on and get off his case for a bit. And if we lose games, let's make sure we look at everyone's performance and not just jump on the blame Lescott bandwagon.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:37 am

I dont rate holo either but against quick strikers he is better. Vinnie is so good it is unreal, remember when Dunne was solid then he had to watch micah, it ruined his game. Too much on vinnie at the mo and as you said he cant watch everyone, but he is doing a damn good job... Both goals lesser got beaten by his man, that is an undeniable fact so lets see what happens...

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:42 am

Fair enough, but by the same token Aguero missed an absolute sitter at the other end. Swings and roundabouts, mate.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:03 am

Come on Leo be fair, kolarov was shocking last season but I didnt judge him because he was new... Aguero has just started , lesser has been playing in the prem for nearly a decade!

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:18 am

Aguero is hardly a wet behind the ears newbie, Gsus, we paid £38 million quid for a top notch striker. And it doesn't matter how little experience you have in a league, any striker who is that good shouldn't be missing an open goal at eight yards out!

Now I could temper that by saying he was perhaps a touch too far from the ball, it was raining, it came off his ankle or whatever. It happens. I'm hardly going to vilify him for missing a sitter because all strikers find themselves in that embarrassing position at some point.

But now we have to temper the first goal. In the Bolton game we played a high line and the back four got caught out when Silva's slack pass was picked up and played right over the top to Petrov, who controlled and passed it across the park before he was picked up properly. Yes, maybe Lescott should've been closer to Klasnic, but bear in mind that just a few seconds earlier, Silva was on the ball and nobody was expecting him to fluff it. So we've gone from a relaxed defence to an "Oh Shit!" moment where everyone's got to wake up at the back. It's easy to blame Lescott because he was nearest to Klasnic when he scored, but you could equally blame the entire defence for nodding off.

I'll give you the second one, though. Lesser was the wrong side of Davies and didn't do much to correct it.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:26 am

Good points and I agree with most but my issue is repetitive mistakes not the odd one here and there... If aguero misses those every week maybe I would have a problem, but fact is he was there at the right time, something we have been missing a real goal poacher!

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:35 am

I'd be bitterly disappointed if Aguero missed them on a regular basis too. Last season my biggest gripe was that, when we did eventually get into the final third of the pitch, there was nobody in the box. I'd regularly see our centre forward playing wide and nobody around to play to, so we'd end up trying to walk the ball in. Watching Aguero move around, create space, pop up in dangerous areas... it's bloody marvellous! And what I liked more was the way the other players took his lead. I just hope he can do that against tougher opponents than Bolton, because if he can then we should, in theory, be in with a real shot at the title. Exciting times! Just as long as Lescott stays awake and keeps a closer watch over the opposing strikers.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down