Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Imo, it just ain't working EmptyToday at 4:06 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Imo, it just ain't working EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Imo, it just ain't working EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Imo, it just ain't working EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Imo, it just ain't working EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Imo, it just ain't working EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Imo, it just ain't working EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Imo, it just ain't working EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Imo, it just ain't working EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Imo, it just ain't working EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Imo, it just ain't working

+3
blueboy
Topdawg
shakencity
7 posters

Go down

Imo, it just ain't working Empty Imo, it just ain't working

Post by shakencity Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:20 am

Now I know you guys watch City a lot more than me, but after watching the Burnley game and yesterdays this 3 at the back crap just isn't working....especially with the current personnel we have.

This means we resort back to 2 DMers, but does not being able to keep a clean sheet for god knows how long not tell anyone that it doesn't work. Gundogan replacing Fernando is a complete waste of his talent too and even when we brought Yaya on the formation just didn't change....it just allowed Yaya to meander about infront of the back 3 (just like he's done for the past 3 seasons).

This is just my opinion, but not being able to keep a clean sheet will not win us the title. Hopefully Pep will address the defensive issues in January by signing atleast 3 new defenders, if not I fear the title's beyond us.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Imo, it just ain't working Empty Re: Imo, it just ain't working

Post by Topdawg Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:31 am

It ain't working, but Pep won't change it. If Jesus us as good as we hope, then maybe we can win the league by scoring more than the opposition. That's the only way. Two clean sheets in 14 league games is hapless and hopeless
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:41 am

I think it'll be difficult to get 2 or 3 top class defenders in January - so I can honestly see him having 3 options:

1. Stick with what he's got and playing between a back 3 or a back 4.

2. Buy 2/3 stop gap defenders - i.e. Van Dijk

3. Promote from within with the likes of Angelino, Yoyo and Maffeo.

I've NEVER rated Otamendi - he's absolutely garbage. Kolorov has always been shite - but had a good start to this season, which quickly turned sour when he resorted to type. Both of them two were responsible for all 3 goals, including Bravo for being Bravo - absolutely shit as a keeper that needs to make saves.

I'm desperate for those 3 to be binned off, not that Bravo will be though, but the other two are simply average defenders who are slow and ponderous.

I'd plump for option 3 and write this season off as title contenders (top 4 only) and try and get these kids used to our system, who can then be suitable back-ups for 2/3 top class defenders in the summer. At least all 3 have pace and will listen to Pep's coaching, because surely, the basics of defending is lost on Otamendi and Kolorov.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:55 pm

Swallow his pride and bring Joe back. Will respect him big style, admit you are wrong.

Good to see the press on our side though yesterday, counter attack executed well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:04 pm

Pep won't swallow his pride though. If Joe was still at the club, we'd be top, and quite comfortably too.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:35 pm

I'm totally underwhelmed by Pep so far this season
Aside from the Barcelona game we have been no better than last year
Getting rid of Hart was a massive error Playing Kokarov constantly is an even bigger error. 3 at the back would be a decent move if we had 3 good defenders like Cheksea have, but unfortunately our only decent defender is permanently injured 
Last season our record against the top teams was piss poor So far we have lost to Spuds & Chelsea Can anyone honestly see us doing any better against Arsenal or Liverpool either at home or away?
Pep needs to start earning his money Cut some of the shit from the team staring with Kokarov Bravo and Navas Get rid of this 3 at the back nonsense It may be less exciting but we need to start concentrating on not losing games especially to the top 4 or 5 & that means a massive improvement defensively, as we are not exactly blowing teams away with our attacking prowess
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:57 pm

We won't get top 4 this season.
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:03 pm

TMG wrote:I'm totally underwhelmed by Pep so far this season
Aside from the Barcelona game we have been no better than last year
Getting rid of Hart was a massive error Playing Kokarov constantly is an even bigger error. 3 at the back would be a decent move if we had 3 good defenders like Cheksea have, but unfortunately our only decent defender is permanently injured 
Last season our record against the top teams was piss poor So far we have lost to Spuds & Chelsea Can anyone honestly see us doing any better against Arsenal or Liverpool either at home or away?
Pep needs to start earning his money Cut some of the shit from the team staring with Kokarov Bravo and Navas Get rid of this 3 at the back nonsense It may be less exciting but we need to start concentrating on not losing games especially to the top 4 or 5 & that means a massive improvement defensively, as we are not exactly blowing teams away with our attacking prowess

Can't argue with 'most' of that except the last comment:

as we are not exactly blowing teams away with our attacking prowess

because statistically, apart from Spurs, we are blowing teams away - we just can't take our chances. TBF to Pep, it wasn't his fault we drew to Everton, Soton and Borough. We've battered most team in possession and efforts - the problem being, we've just been absolute shite in front of goal.

All 3 of the games were simply baffling, how we didn't win them comfortably. They should easily have been 9 extra points, which means, even after losing to Chelsea, we should easily be 5 points clear today.

They weren't Pep's fault - it was the players poor finishing, so I'm still not too worried about the overall picture - but the likes of Kolorov, Bravo and Otamendi are clearly average players at best for PL standards.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:57 pm

But Blue we aren't blowing teams away 
We are drawing and losing games despite having the majority of possession and chances
I'd rather us have 30% possession and win more
We won't start getting the results we want until Pep sorts out the defence which unfortunately means a new goalkeeper and virtually a brand new back 4 which more unfortunately means we can forget this season
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:03 pm

We had a very good keeper but he decided on a downgrade. Brin back Mango...
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:07 pm

No, I understand we aren't blowing teams away by results per se, but we are only 4 points off the top.

However, stats-wise, we are blowing teams away - and yes, I've already talked about the defence...but my point was, IF, the MF's and strikers would have taken 50% of the chances that have come our way in most games, we'd be 5 points clear....and Pep can't be blamed for 'open-net misses, or 2 pens in one game-misses'....we've on the whole, created plenty of chances to win games - but we've been poor in front of goal.

Yes, I agree with you, we're shite at the back, but overall, we should have beaten those 3 teams I mentioned, comfortably....meaning 6 more points.

Yesterday being a prime example....take one of the two chances that we should've scored, and Chelsea wouldn't have come back at us like they did...and Pep can't do anything about poor finishes.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:18 pm

You do make a fair point there Andy and I agree wholeheartedly.
That said the point of my post was the way Pep sets up knowing how shite we are at the back...surely we'd be better and not over-stretched playing 4 at the back instead of 3.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:20 am

remember against everton we also contrived to miss 2 penalties. it really is our profligacy in front of goal which as much as the defence is costing us more this season so far.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:48 am

Agree Oz...we've created enough chances to win most games...but as Den, the defence is shite. Fine if we''re outscoring teams, but we're and therein lies the problem for Pep to sort out...and I agree, a back 4 is the only way until we get some top class personnel in.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:55 am

Jesus is coming .....

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:51 pm

Again?
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:15 pm

For Pep's mistake of casting Joe aside and not sorting out the defence, We have to be critical of the forwards not scoring goals when we have chances. Aguero could have scored with a couple of chances. He could have played a square pass for a tap in. Fernandinho was slightly offside for his 'goal' and KdB missed a sitter.

We weren't far away from slamming Chelsea 3, 4 or 5-0. Our defence wouldn't have mattered if we'd scored from eve half our good chances.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:22 pm

The virgin birth revisited MCM its the right time of year!!!! lets hope he really is our savior. Though I feel it really is expecting a lot though for a 19yr old just arriving in the prem to hit the ground running in the middle of winter to boot. But here's hoping!!!!
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:46 pm

He is going to be fantastic Oz, mark my words. If he settles, we'll get back on track.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:29 pm

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:30 pm

Is it any surprise who sits on the least changes - with 8?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:44 pm

Said it before, we make changes for no good reason. Pick your best team and stick with it unless suspension, injuries or loss of form.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:14 pm

Pep says he'll keep making changes to his team for rotational purposes, as 80% of City players are playing International football and 2 games most weeks...he said he wishes he could make 5/6 changes from the bench, but he can't.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:18 pm

bollocks. we aren't playing two games every week since Pep got us knocked out against utd in the League Cup and we've qualified for the next stage of the CL. He should play a team with several kids tomorrow to see if they can replace some of the crud that he chooses every week.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down