Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Wenger says no to Sanchez's City move EmptyToday at 4:13 pm by atlblue

» Pep’s at it again
Wenger says no to Sanchez's City move EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Wenger says no to Sanchez's City move EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Wenger says no to Sanchez's City move EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Wenger says no to Sanchez's City move EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Wenger says no to Sanchez's City move EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Wenger says no to Sanchez's City move EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Wenger says no to Sanchez's City move EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Wenger says no to Sanchez's City move EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Wenger says no to Sanchez's City move EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Wenger says no to Sanchez's City move

4 posters

Go down

Wenger says no to Sanchez's City move Empty Wenger says no to Sanchez's City move

Post by blueboy Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:05 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4657616/Arsenal-transfer-news-Alexis-Sanchez-blocked.html

Really short-sighted. I'd be pissed off as an Arsenal fan. They could get £50m now and re-invest in a player, or he's allowed to walk away for free next season. They've no CL football, so what's on offer for him?
Plus, you may have a player who's pissed off...

Imagine if this was Sergio in his last year of his contract and he wanted to go to Chelsea, and we could get £50m for him or nothing next season?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Wenger says no to Sanchez's City move Empty Re: Wenger says no to Sanchez's City move

Post by Topdawg Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:20 am

he's been a dick for too long. He really should have spent some serious money last summer to get a couple of players that would have made a huge difference. Kante would have sorted their midfield out and he should have got a real goalscorer.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Wenger says no to Sanchez's City move Empty Re: Wenger says no to Sanchez's City move

Post by blueboy Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:22 am

Think this is him posturing, now he's signed a new 2 year deal, to appease the fans. However, I don't think it shows him in a positive light....it almost makes him look desperately scared.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:55 am

well who's the knob head??? as stated 1 x unhappy player. now can sign a pre contract in January. Arsenal saying they will sell to a European club for a reduced fee . The problem is the Foreign club will still have to stump up his wages which is the stumbling block. Arsenal will also be out of pocket should they sign Lacazette & the reported 125 million bid for Mbappe. They would surely be desperate to get Sanchez of the wage bill if that happens I would put in a much lower bid.

Arsenal are shooting themselves in the foot.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:56 pm

I can't remember the details of the FFP rule (both UEFA and PL I think) where you can only increase your wages by about 10% annually.

If Arsenal pay Sanchez the reported £300k p/w, Ozil £250k pw and Lacazette £150k p/w, then their wage bill goes up by about £20M which would be that 10%. Then they have to sell players to balance it out. Maybe get rid of a couple of players like Gibbs and Bellerin to sort that out.

Whatever they do, it's complicated.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:00 pm

Ok, I had a peep at the rules. Clubs can increase wages by £7M a year BUT they can go past this if they can show they've increased commercial, matchday income and player trading so I guess they get around the rule because of the massively increased tv deal.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:49 pm

Don't think they'll get Lacazette, hence why they are trying to keep Sanchez.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:07 pm

But they desperately need a goal scorer that can stay fit. Welbeck, giroud, Walcott are not the answer. They would be better if they kept Sanchez and added lacazette.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:21 pm

Rumour all of the media, is that Lacazette has been using Arsenal for a better deal or another move. Razz Razz Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:12 pm

I saw That arsenal had increased their bid for Lacazete and that was likely to be accepted by Lyon. I am not too fussed if we get sanchez or not but I watched that idiot DT on you tube dishing out large portions of vitriol towards City. Just For his sake I hope City do get Sanchez.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Strange Blue Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:36 pm

Topdawg wrote:Ok, I had a peep at the rules. Clubs can increase wages by £7M a year BUT they can go past this if they can show they've increased commercial, matchday income and player trading so I guess they get around the rule because of the massively increased tv deal.

Wont their income decrease with no Champions league footy?
Strange Blue
Strange Blue
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Strange Blue Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:42 pm

Obviously Sanchez is a great player don't get me wrong, but personally I hope we don't get him next season. Firstly its not a position we really need strengthening. second I like the idea of getting him on a free next season especially if he signs a pre contract in January. Plus we will have demoralized rival I mean he's going to pull a major hissy fit in the dressing room.
Strange Blue
Strange Blue
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:19 pm

There are not many Sanchez's in the PL...he's a top player with a top work ethic. He's also a goal scoring wide/attacking player....which in all fairness, we don't have.

We have lot's of assist kings, but not many that bag 20+ a season, so I for one, hope we do get him. We'll need all the goals we can get next year if we want to challenge on 4 fronts, especially the CL...and he'd be perfect.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:32 pm

Arse will lose money f the CL but they'll gain some form the EL to lessen the loss. They may lose £20-£39M to money here, depending how far they go. But they've gained £50M from the PL tv deal. And the CL money list won't hit until the next accounts so won't matter this year.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:56 pm

Don't think it's about the money, they have plenty of it.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:10 pm

I'm talking about FFP and the wages. If it wasn't for the new tv deal, they wouldn't really be able to comply if they pay Sanchez and Ozil (and maybe Lacazette) the shedloads they need.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down