Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Not trying to be over critical, but this is shit EmptyYesterday at 6:51 am by Jwils2710

» Pep’s at it again
Not trying to be over critical, but this is shit EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Not trying to be over critical, but this is shit EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Not trying to be over critical, but this is shit EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Not trying to be over critical, but this is shit EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Not trying to be over critical, but this is shit EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Not trying to be over critical, but this is shit EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Not trying to be over critical, but this is shit EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Not trying to be over critical, but this is shit EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Not trying to be over critical, but this is shit EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Not trying to be over critical, but this is shit

+5
shakencity
AMillionDifferentPeople
Nijinsky
johnsavitta
Topdawg
9 posters

Go down

Not trying to be over critical, but this is shit Empty Not trying to be over critical, but this is shit

Post by Topdawg Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:36 pm

Compared to what we should be playing. we should have been out of site in the first half and now it bites us in the arse.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Not trying to be over critical, but this is shit Empty Re: Not trying to be over critical, but this is shit

Post by johnsavitta Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:55 pm

why did he take Silva off for Zabaletta? What happened to the new attacking policy? That was plain crazy. We were so much on top despite them pullijng one back it was only a matter of time until we killed the game off
johnsavitta
johnsavitta
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Not trying to be over critical, but this is shit Empty Re: Not trying to be over critical, but this is shit

Post by Nijinsky Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:57 pm

That was just to remind us that this is the same old Man City we all know and love
Nijinsky
Nijinsky
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by AMillionDifferentPeople Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:07 pm

We seem to switch off at vital times, just like the bolton game and in midweek against Napoli. I think we miss De Jong, we need an enforcer to go with the skill, and a dominant centre half. Strange decision taking off Silva. Still unbeaten though so it aint all bad.
AMillionDifferentPeople
AMillionDifferentPeople
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by johnsavitta Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:10 pm

No a point at Fulham any other time would be a good point, i just wonder about that decision to go defensive at 2-1, we were well on top. Still i am happy if he learns from it
johnsavitta
johnsavitta
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AMillionDifferentPeople Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:33 pm

It was a disapointing result from the position we were in, but your right john a point away at fulham is a good point at any other time. He wont learn his lesson because its in his italian dna, i think he will point to missed chances rather than poor subs.

One thing we can guarantee, the press will imply its a 'european hangover' and his 'negative tactics'.
AMillionDifferentPeople
AMillionDifferentPeople
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Think we've got to accept we're not going to win every game, so a draw's not that bad a result.

Q. If RM had not made the change at 2-1 and Fulham'd scored, i willing to bet some people would probably have moaned at him for not making the change to defend the lead Razz .
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by johnsavitta Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:49 pm

Probably correct shaken, it's just the timing, we were on top and silva was playing well, i think it was too early, and with the defensive errors i would not have blamed him, i would blame the defenders for not doing their job. I still believe that Mancini is our man but i hope he learns from his mistakes, i believe he will
johnsavitta
johnsavitta
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:39 pm

i think it was the right move to put zabba on. we were looking a bit too easy to come through and we were giving the ball away a bit too often.

i didn't really see the effort i wanted and some players were just in 2nd gear. we had plenty of good chance and good opportunities in the 1st half, we should have scored 3.

it seems when we get a lead of at least 2, and let a side back in, we start to get a bit of the jitters and lose our shape/plot. i remember a few games like this last season that we just refused to put to bed.

that is the 2nd time in just 7 games that we have let a 2 goal lead slip which isn't good enough.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:48 pm

I was particularly livid at the time, but after a few hours I'm naturally, more philosophical about the result.
I think we've had a cracking run in the prem so far, this may bring a chink of reality to the fantasy football- we're the new Barca bollocks thats been talked about in some areas of the media.
If we learn from this, and become more ruthless, (just as Mancini warned the other day) then I'll take the draw gracefully.
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:15 pm

i was massively pissed off when i started this thread as i think zamora had just scored.

we were just refusing to close players down and seemed happy for them to shoot from 20-25 yards.

if it is a wake up call, then great. if we don't learn and push on from this then it is a very disappointing result. fulham have been struggling this season and we should have beaten them out of sight.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:21 pm

Subs were a bit brainless though.

They were enjoying a decent spell so we did need to bring someone on, and it was a difficult question with De Jong and Milner both out - but bringing Silva off was ridiculous, they were defending for there lives when we got the ball in their box, and if there is one man to weave a little magic to just show a little class above their desperation then it is Silva.

Still wonder what Johnson really does, and whether he will ever be good enough.

Yaya, don't go there.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:56 pm

Bit cheesed off coz it feels like a defeat

But we were never going to win em all

Let's hope we learn a lot from it. We have to start burying a few more of those chances

NDJ we need you back !
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:30 am

I was more nervous before the match with this one - felt like the old days when it was always hit and miss. Soon as Zamora scored to make it 2-1 - knew that we wouldn't win. Not the end of the world but it still feels like it is.Sad
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Nijinsky Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:58 am

I still can't believe we managed to draw that game, and just to make things worse it's Everton next. I have a bad feeling about that one.
Nijinsky
Nijinsky
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down