Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

titbumwilly

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Players who should stay at the end of the season EmptyToday at 8:49 am by Jwils2710

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
Players who should stay at the end of the season EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
Players who should stay at the end of the season EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Players who should stay at the end of the season EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Players who should stay at the end of the season EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Players who should stay at the end of the season EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Players who should stay at the end of the season EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Players who should stay at the end of the season EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Players who should stay at the end of the season EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Players who should stay at the end of the season EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Players who should stay at the end of the season

+7
Yaya_Nono
BoyWithTheArabsCash
gratedbean
Paulpowersleftfoot
emjaydee
blueboy
TMG
11 posters

Go down

Players who should stay at the end of the season Empty Players who should stay at the end of the season

Post by TMG Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:24 pm

Hart
Kompany
De Jong
Richards
Lescott
Zabaletta
Silva
Adam Johnson
Milner
Dzeko
Tevez I'd like to stay but am certain he will leave
I'd give Kolarov another season & possibly Boateng

As far as I'm concerned I wouldn't be that fussed if any of the rest went
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Players who should stay at the end of the season Empty Re: Players who should stay at the end of the season

Post by blueboy Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:08 pm

Hart - yes
Kompany - yes
De Jong - yes
Richards- yes
Lescott - would definately buy another world class CB
Zabaletta - maybe, utility player at best
Silva - yes
Adam Johnson - yes
Milner - not sure....lets hope its just a bad season
Dzeko - worth a full pre-season
Tevez I'd like to stay but am certain he will leave - definately gone to Real.
I'd give Kolarov another season & possibly Boateng - Kolorov no - utility LB at best..........Clichy or somebody as quick who can tackle as a LB. Boateng - yes.

What about the window-licker? You haven't mentioned that fuck-wit...or is it a given?

Or - Mancini? Go or stay?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Players who should stay at the end of the season Empty Re: Players who should stay at the end of the season

Post by emjaydee Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:14 pm

Agree with all of the above listed.

Also, how about Kolo (depending on ban length)?

Definitely required:

Left Back - Baines, possibly Enrique
Creative Mid - Charlie Adam? How about Kaka?
Striker happy to be 2nd string (presuming Carlos stays) - Gyan, or possibly the benitez guy who was at Brum last season.
emjaydee
emjaydee
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:33 pm

I'd like Mancini to go and take the platt creature with him
I think most people will agree on those to keep
I'd like to see Weiss Bellamy and Nedum back in the squad with a top keeper to share the job with Hart not be sat in bench like shay the mole
I dont think we have a left back at the club so we need two of those
Wingers need to be told to get down the wing and cross the ball instead of constantly cutting in and maybe Djeko will flourish with some ammunition
Scott Parker would be nice too
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:08 pm

Looking at who we could sign............i think we are mostly 2 seasons behind when we should sign a player.

What i mean is:

Barry - was awesome at Villa, but we buy him when he is over the top.

Milner - was great at Leeds and Newcastle...we buy him when he is at Villa.

Toure K - 2 years too late.

Lescott - was great the 2 seasons BEFORE we bought him.

I THERE A COMMOM THEME HERE?

The only truly opposite is Tevez.

I would suggest if we bought Scott Parker (who i think is a very good player) he will be at the end of his best playing curve.

I'd go for the younger players - unproven.....the Nani's, Johnson, Cahill, Smalling's etc.

We won't, coz we have money. We buy the players IN FORM NOW and not the future.

It's tough........i've not got a clue......but i will post something controversial as a new topic and see what poeple think.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:11 pm

Want to hold on to: Barry, De Jong, Richards, both Johnsons, Dzeko, Hart, Milner, Silva and Tevez. Recall Weiss.

Definitely hold on to Kompany, but I've got worry in the back of my mind that one of the top Euro clubs will be sniffing about. Need to bring in a top quality partner for him.

Hold on to Zaba, great attitude, good utility player to have in and around the squad.

Hold on to Boateng & Kolarov, although both are looking more and more like expensive squad players rather than first team regulars.

SWP, Given, Kolo, Lescott & Jo can all leave for me. Viera will probably retire.

In an ideal world I'd get rid of Balotelli and Yaya aswell, but just don't see it.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:17 pm

Pretty much agree with everything you've said there grated.

Arry Redknapp? or stick with Bobby?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:28 pm

Are we all starting to sound like kids in a sweet shop?

On paper, we probably have the best squad in the league, but maybe we don't have the right manager to bring it all together. I hope i'm wrong, as i think Mancini has the potential and i hate changing managers every season, but i'd fucking hate the likes of Redknapp. Lets see where we end up before all going bonkers. And yes i am drunk.
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:35 pm

I'd stick with Bobby until at least the end of next season. The majority of those players I said hang on to are under 25, so in reality we have got a very young squad a couple of years from their peak.

I think the problem is that he has inherited a lot of players from Hughes, and the two play completely different styles of football. No more than 50% of Hughes' signings have succeeded under Mancini, the others have been made to look like cart horses. So over summer he should be able to build his ideal squad, then by next season we will see a more attractive style of play emerge. That said, if we're still seeing cagey performances like Arsenal away on a regular basis this time next year, start asking questions.

With square pegs still knocking about from Hughes, coupled with the fact he needs top four or will be sacked, I can understand his cautious approach in order to get points on the board. I mean if I was David Silva I'd be a bit cautious in my play knowing some of the eejits mopping it up behind me!

There's still things I would criticise him for, squad utilisation, playing Yaya regularily despite poor fitness, man management with certain individuals etc but I still think we're in the middle of a transitional period. To sack him now would be premature.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Yaya_Nono Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:35 pm

Have a feeling that the owners way of thinking is it's better to be cruel than to be kind where Mancini is concerned.

I think if Jose walks from Real they will take the view that 'if we are to get Jose it's best to get him now while he is unattached coz it'd be too good an opportunity to turn down'.

Honestly feel that even if we nail down a Champions League position that Mancini could be gone(provided Jose walks from Madrid).
Yaya_Nono
Yaya_Nono
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:32 pm

Would you really want Jose though?

I wouldn't.

The way he had them pushing everything at Chelsea, surrounding the ref looking to get players booked, time wasting to the max, he did the lot to ensure they won.

Plus I think he fancies the job at United after Fergie goes.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:49 pm

Yes deffo get Mourinho. The worst thing that could happen is he goes to the Rags. That could be another 20 years of them winning everything
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by AMillionDifferentPeople Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:52 pm

I would like to see Jose as manager, but he does'nt stay long in any job, if he came in for 2/3 years we would more than likely win some trophies but what next? Would the focus of the club be to carry on building the youth development or put it on hold while bought players he could 'trust', if he came in at the end of this season would be in for Drogba, Carvalio.....even Lampard and Terry if Chelsea have another ageing player clear out.

Personally I'd keep Bobby, i see no value in 'starting over again'. their are plenty of things that i'm not happy with but i'll always find something to moan about, its in my nature. The 'tactics' arguement is my main gripe but i dont see Jose being much different in that respect.
AMillionDifferentPeople
AMillionDifferentPeople
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:08 pm

Exactly, Jose floats about the top European clubs, but he never stays long. When he's at the club they flourish, but what after that? Look no further than Chelsea; they are now on their fourth manager in as many years since Mourinho left.

Stick with Bobby, he is switched on and wants to win. History shows that the key to long term stability and success is having one manager for an extended period of time.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:23 pm

gratedbean
That said, if we're still seeing cagey performances like Arsenal away on a regular basis this time next year, start asking questions.
......................................................................................................................

Well after today - you've answered you own opinion! We saw it again today. One shot on target all game!! 70% possession to Chelsea. FUCKING WANK!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:27 pm

The alternative could be - we stick with Mancini, Mourinho goes to United after next season, and we are still as fucking boring as we are, our signings are as shite as they have been, we still have Balotelli coz Mancini bought him.........as of the other side, Mourinho takes United that step further.

Mourinho will not stand for the shite that is there at City. He WILL improve and attract better players to the team. Mancini's signings, overall, have been shite....at best!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:37 pm

Well after today - you've answered you own opinion! We saw it again today. One shot on target all game!! 70% possession to Chelsea. FUCKING WANK!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nah I mean this time next season! I understand why he approaches games like that to play for the draw - not that I agree with it. If we're under the cosh for 45mins like we were today then it's more likely we will concede a late goal and lose, as we did today, than taking a risk and win ourselves, as he never does.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:44 pm

DO WE - OR SHOULD WE HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL NEXT SEASON TO JUDGE A BORING AWAY DRAW - WITH ALL THE MONEY WE HAVE SPENT????

OH - AND WE LOST 2-0 PLAYING THAT SHITE BRAND OF FOOTBALL TODAY!!!

sorry its in Caps....just wanted to be ANGRY!!!!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:52 pm

Yeah I know what you are saying. I just think that Mancini is a good manager, but he has flaws. Flaws which are costing us results. He has two men behind him, Platt and Kidd, if they can't fucking see what mistakes he is making (because we, as average Joe fans seem to be able to spot them), then what are they doing?

A - as equally ineffective at spotting these flaws as Mancini.

B - brown nose him to the point they won't offer him advice.

I don't know mate, I think it's going to be ugly until the end of the season, but I hope we can pull through. I really think sticking with Mancini is the right thing to do, but if someone doesn't start pointing out where he is going wrong, then we are going to start going in circles.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by bellyblue Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:13 pm

I think it's all wrong when YaYa is playing!! After 20mins today he was bollocksed... why the fuck he stays on beats me? I wish i could of got into the TV and dragged the big lazy shitbag off the pitch today! NDJ does the work for him and in some cases Barry too, just hope he doesn't pick up more bookings doing all the work!!
bellyblue
bellyblue
Youth Team
Youth Team

http://bellytheblue@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:21 pm

Quite simply our management team of Mancini,Platt and Kidd are fucking useless.As soon as Tevez failed his fitness test then plan B should have been deployed,only problem is that this trio of fuckwits dont have one.If you play Djeko on his own then you must play with width.It's a fucking disgrace to set your team up to hope you hang on for a draw especially when you've assembled the worlds most expensive squad.Yaya Toure and Kolorov were abysmal as usual with Milner not much better.Did anyone not think after an hour that if we didn't change the formation we were going to concede?
Let's hope Mourinho wants the job,if he does for fucks sake lock Gary Cooke in a cupboard until the deal is done
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:43 pm

I got slated on here earlier in the season by a few blues for criticising Platt, but how many times this season have you been sat in the stands or watching on TV and known what was going wrong and how to remedy it, or at least try to remedy it? The man makes subs far too late. How can a sub turn a game like that around, where we have been on the backfoot for the whole half, in 10 mins?

Mancini is one man, I expect him to have flaws, as every manager does. That's where the right hand man comes in, we've got two, and between them it doesn't seem like they can do a fucking job!

How many more times do we have to sit there thinking 'bring Yaya off'?

No width, no Dzeko as far as I'm concerned.

Milner in the middle.

These are the fucking basics, it's not hard.

I understand Mancini's cautious approach, at the end of the day his job is on the line, but if you set up to draw (especially considering our weak left defensive side) then you're leaving it all in the hands of the opposition. I suppose "he who dares" really does win.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:11 pm

Evening news rated Yaya and Kolorov as 7 each
Fucking mystifying!!!
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:23 pm

Think they must have finished their article in the 1st half coz 1st half Yaya was a 7. 2nd he was a 2
Kolarov was just shit all the way through
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:29 pm

ABSOLUTE BOLLOCKS!!!

Both of them are as 'shite as the day is long'.

Fucking overpaid dick-wads the pair of them - for different reasons!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:24 pm

Get rid of-
Both Toure's
Jo...
All the guys out on loan.
Boyata.

I think thats 13 off the books, we should only need 4 quality signings to pep up the squad in the summer.

I don't have a clue about the left-back situation though. Maybe give me 10 grand a week and I'll dust off my boots...

Last edited by Moonchester on Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Missed one.)
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:33 pm

just thought i'd add my tuppence worth for good measure. i would certainly keep lescott i honestly feel he is starting to perform because he is holding down a regular place and is injury free. we need Bellamy back as a wide and pacy option, ok he won't last 2 games a week but in a squad of 25 is a good alternative and he will always fight for the cause. Adam johnson is another player we should utilise more which would help Dzeko who i feel is on a hiding to nothing the way we play at the moment. he must wonder what he has come too? I would get platt as far away from the team as possible it really pisses me off watching him waste 5 minutes or more on the touchline with his piece of paper showing 90,000 a week players how to play????? give Brian Kidd a bit of slack he was fine last season and has proved a good #2 down the years, I do believe he is #3 at the moment as Platt seems to be doing all the interviews in Roberto's absence.

My final beef is mancini going on about tired players and too many games etc'!!! Well let's not bother qualifying for champs league because i am sure that includes midweek games and no less amount than europa league.

skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down