Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
I dont mind EmptyToday at 11:22 am by TMG

» Pep’s at it again
I dont mind EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
I dont mind EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
I dont mind EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
I dont mind EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
I dont mind EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
I dont mind EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
I dont mind EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
I dont mind EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
I dont mind EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I dont mind

+2
Admin
lee1pen
6 posters

Go down

I dont mind Empty I dont mind

Post by lee1pen Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:17 am

Losing 2-0 to Bayern, after all its still a learning curve for us and things will improve no doubt. We were the better team for the first 20-30 minutes and then lost our defensive composure.

Mancini was right in that Dzeko was not having a good match and we needed a little steel in the midfield. Apart from that the only mistake I feel we made was starting Kolo rather than Lescott, it unsettled the defence which you can ill afford to do. Still we live and learn and hopefully we still have a chance to turn things round.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

I dont mind Empty Re: I dont mind

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:32 am

yet bit strange to have kolo and unsettle the defence but I think he needed someone with better ball skills...

against the run of play they scored and after their confidence shooted up and our dropped that was the problem.

But before the ball we were sloppy and causaul , gave the ball in the middle park and paid the price, we knew that rebery is a match winner and mancini said we have been talking about it but I guess unless you experience it you wouldn't know!

I just hope we have learned from this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:37 am

I mind.

It leaves us with a huge struggle now, and could have been avoided.

Not playing Kolo, playing with Milner instead of Barry, De Jong instead of Yaya.

Not being set-up in the way we were, leaving huge gaps, and no cover for Joe.

It was shite, which ever way you try to polish it.

Augerro looks jaded, and Dzeko looks simple.

I hope leaving out those culprits may change our approach to the remaining games.

Admin
Youth Team
Youth Team

https://606bluemoonlegends.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:00 pm

Trouble is, Vince, we leave them out and who've we got left?

We can't play Cuntos Tevcunt after yesterday, so that leaves us with Balotelli up front. Or Nimely. Nasri isn't setting my world alight, so we're utterly reliant on Silva. So you're suggestion leaves us with a single attacking midfielder who will just be marked out of the game and a mercurial Italian who is as likely to spit his dummy as score a goal.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually looking forward to the next international break. Hopefully it'll put back what the last one took out, we've been looking poorer since that one.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:15 pm

Leo true, my blind anger got the better of my logic.

Admin
Youth Team
Youth Team

https://606bluemoonlegends.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:33 pm

That's okay, Vince. Your rants are what make you the man you are and we all love you for it.

I've even found some positives! Hart, Richards and Clichy were the only players who hit a high standard for me and the three of them were pretty much the best players. Also Kolarov is showing some desire and skill and he's not moaning about being out of the starting 11. If he keeps it up, I suspect he won't be out of it for long. Plus, NDJ is looking like he won't be out for too much longer either.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:51 pm

Lets hope this is our defining moment this season. Handle it right and the players will know where they stand, Bobby won't take any more shit, and Tevez can just limp back to South America. I think they will rally round for Bobby.

Nothing is lost yet, League is fine, CL isn't over by any shot, we were taught a lesson yesterday, but the the only think you do from a lesson is learn.

I'm thinking of a career change as a life coach. Even I'm starting to believe my own shit geek

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellsouth Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:07 pm

This is not a knocking post at all because I have faith in Mancini, but last nights result I put down to his decisions. Firstly initial team selection, why split up the Kompany Lescott partnership in such a big game? Barry and Yaya don't quite work for me as a combo, neither certain which role to play, ie as def or attacking midfielders. Would have preferred Milner or De Jong if he had 90 mins in him. Second after half time we had no structure at all,was almost a training session for Bayern, what went wrong at half time. Yes difficult team talk having just conceded with last kick of the half but shape wasn't there. Dzeko should have stayed on, not saying he was having a great game but he is the best at holding the ball up which is what we needed so desperately. Really I was expecting to see Tevez for the whole of the 2nd half, there was never a point in keeping him back for 20 mins against a team so hard to score against. De Jong's sub I kinda got but perhaps the message wasn't relayed properly to the players as it made no difference. Players ultimately have to play the game but the manager has to take some responsibility for this one too. Ok ready for the slating Smile

Bellsouth
Not Really Here
Not Really Here

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:26 pm

"Mancini was right in that Dzeko was not having a good match and we needed a little steel in the midfield".
Why go 4-5-1 when you're 2-0 down though? NDJ should have replaced Barry/Yaya, 2 strikerd should have stayed up top throughout.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by bellyblue Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:43 pm

Think the idea was to push Yaya up when NDJ come on, not sure if what went on at half time and what was happening on the bench made the 2nd half so bad??
bellyblue
bellyblue
Youth Team
Youth Team

http://bellytheblue@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:20 pm

Yup, that was the idea, bellyblue. Get NDJ on, start winning some possession - 5 minutes later get Tevez on when we've got some forward momentum going. There was little point throwing a striker on immediately coz we didn't have the ball and didn't LOOK like having the ball. But YaYa didn't dare move up coz we were getting swamped.

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:33 am

No, I can see the logic in it as well. Get Nige on and remove a striker who's not doing anything, give us some strength in midfield and try to take control. When it looks like the opponents are going to settle back and defend their lead, hit 'em with a new striker and grab a couple before they can get back into their stride.

Unfortunately the logic was undone because the only striker we had available decided that this was the occasion to behave like a cock.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down