Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Reality check EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 3:57 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Reality check EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Reality check EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Reality check EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Reality check EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Reality check EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Reality check EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Reality check EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Reality check EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Reality check EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

Top posting users this month
No user

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Reality check

+2
Admin
lee1pen
6 posters

Go down

Reality check Empty Reality check

Post by lee1pen Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:08 pm

In the anger over the Tevez situation were looking round and are in danger of spitting the dummy ourselves. We were up against one of the top sides in europe on their own turf, what the hell did we expect? Are we as arrogant as the spuds that we believe all the hype in the papers and on Sky with 7 or 8 players last season they were calling overpaid and not up for the challenge?

Reality check, we had a good 30 minutes then lost the plot in defence. We will get better as the season progresses and its slow and stady wins it.

Lets rewind to the start of august, I gave you the fixture list till the end of Sept and said we will only lose 1 match....how many of you would have snatched my hand off and also how many of you would have earmarked this game being the one we would lose?
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Reality check Empty Re: Reality check

Post by Admin Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:13 pm

No Lee, you are getting the wrong impression, in my opinion we are in danger fo going out of the CL in a whimper due to the fact we were not set up right, and yes in the current state of our squad, we have the personel and manager to have at least got a draw against Munich, without a positive mindset we will never challenge the elite.

Yes Munich were good, bit partly down to the fact WE let them.

30mins is not long enough to sustain a decent campaign in the CL.

We should get better, without a doubt but we have got into a big shit heap to climb now, and it seems harder than it should have been.

I am impressed with our league form without a doubt but one thing I am not is arrogant, just see the logical side of our game, we should have played better than we did, simple.

With Tevez, yes it fucked the gameplan up but still too many passengers in the team for my liking mate.

Admin
Youth Team
Youth Team

https://606bluemoonlegends.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:19 pm

lee, i think the general consensus on here was most would have been happy with a draw and very few were blindidly saying we were a good thing, Bayern are one of Europe's top teams, however, i think most were disappointed with the manner of the sides display, which to me, has been coming for a couple of weeks now. We need to regroup and i'm sure that we will want to put in a good performance on Saturday to blow away any negativity within the squad. Onwards and upwards with Bobby.I love you

1000th post, i really should get out more.cheers
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:19 pm

Know were your coming from Vince but the only big mistake that I think we made was the Kolo one. For all Lescotts faults he's beginning to get an understanding with Kompany and the reason we stood still for the first goal was if Lescott was in then kompany would have known he had to go for the ball, as it was both CD didnt react and that put us with a mountain to climb and more importantly it gave Bayern the belief they needed.

Up to that point we had more posesion and more shots on goal and on target ...after it the final stats speak for themselves.

Even so I must admit that I was disappointed but thats down to my expectations being raised all season and the "world cup" type hype of the media before the game.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:21 pm

I agree, Kolo should have never been put in, Lessa has done well and like you said looks good recently.

General lack of effort I thought overall.

Admin
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:24 pm

Like I said the first b30 minutes the effort was there for all to see, after that goal though its as though they thought that the rub of the green was against them esp with 2 nailed on pens not given and it was goodbye Vienna, or in this case City.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:25 pm

Same old City mentality Lee?

Admin
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:09 pm

we need to score first as then teams come onto us more and we can rip them apart. that's the normal way it works.

we missed our chance(s) and the ref/linesmen didn't help with those missed penalty decisions. They were both pens in my opinion.

Dzeko had a great chance to score and we made their defence pretty uncomfortable on several occasions. All of this within the first 30 minutes.

I couldn't see us not scoring. What I didn't expect was the abject display after we conceded the 2nd goal. I could see it coming as we had switched off waiting/hoping for the whistle for half time.

Give them credit Bayern are a decent side, but I still firmly believe that we are better and I expected that to be shown last night.

What last night showed me is that even though we are good enough to play very attacking football, sometime we need to be slightly more conservative.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:48 pm

Possibly Vince but I think it was a combination of Bad decisions and being overawed by the occasion
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:13 pm

Lets face it - against a youthful Bayern midfield, Mancini selects the slowest player we have (Barry) and pairs him with the laziest player on the planet!

Fair play to Mancini - he does say on mcfc/tv - I have to improve, basically saying he got his tactics wrong - and on Dzeko, he was pretty scathing. Not heard a manager come out and actually say on tv - he wasn't good, so that's why i brought him - and he will sit next to me on the bench in the next game.

And you know what - good on him. Let's face it - if your shit on the day - why dress it up as anything but shit?

I'm liking Mancini more and more by the day after his stance over what was a complete fuck-up from start to finish!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by johnsavitta Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:37 pm

Well, on ssn fifa, who are not my usual favourite people, have said that if we want to sack him, they will back us and make a ruling where he would be banned from playing for another club for a long time, knowing what FIFA are like, i would want to make sure this is true, but i would love this to happen, even though it means losing a transfer fee
johnsavitta
johnsavitta
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down