Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» Have it - Four in a row
BRING IT ON!!!! EmptyToday at 9:59 pm by Topdawg

» 23/24 Prediction League
BRING IT ON!!!! EmptyToday at 8:49 am by Jwils2710

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
BRING IT ON!!!! EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
BRING IT ON!!!! EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
BRING IT ON!!!! EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
BRING IT ON!!!! EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
BRING IT ON!!!! EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
BRING IT ON!!!! EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
BRING IT ON!!!! EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
BRING IT ON!!!! EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

BRING IT ON!!!!

+5
leopold
titbumwilly
skyblueoz
Topdawg
ManCityMan
9 posters

Go down

BRING IT ON!!!! Empty BRING IT ON!!!!

Post by ManCityMan Tue May 14, 2019 12:59 pm

Uefa investigators want Manchester City to be banned from the Champions League for a season if they are found guilty of breaking financial rules.
However, according to one well-placed source, a final decision is yet to be made by chief investigator Yves Leterme.
The former Belgian prime minister, chairman of the investigatory panel of Uefa's independent financial control board, is set to make a recommendation this week.
With no vote in such cases, the final say lies with him but several of his colleagues are understood to have firmly expressed the view at a recent meeting that a season-long ban would be a suitable punishment if City are found guilty.

What are City alleged to have done?

Leterme and his team have been looking at evidence first uncovered in a series of leaks published by the German newspaper Der Spiegel last year.
The reports alleged that Manchester City had broken Financial Fair Play regulations by inflating the value of a multimillion-pound sponsorship deal. City were fined £49m in 2014 for a previous breach of regulations.
The Premier League champions denied any wrongdoing, and Uefa said it could not comment on an ongoing investigation, but according to the New York Times, investigators now want rules upheld and City punished with a ban.
Uefa's adjudicatory chamber would have to decide whether it agreed with any recommendation from Leterme - expected in the next 48 hours - although it is unlikely to apply to next season's competition because City could appeal, and even take their case to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
But it would still be a major blow for a club desperate to win Europe's most prestigious club competition for the first time, and who could also soon face a transfer ban, with the FA, Premier League and Fifa also currently investigating City over their signing of youth players.
A statement from Manchester City said: "Manchester City FC is fully cooperating in good faith with the CFCB IC's [Club Financial Control Body Investigatory Chamber] ongoing investigation.
"In doing so the club is reliant on both the CFCB IC's independence and commitment to due process; and on Uefa's commitment of the 7 March that it 'will make no further comment on the matter while the investigation is ongoing'.
"The New York Times report citing 'people familiar with the case' is therefore extremely concerning.
"The implications are that either Manchester City's good faith in the CFCB IC is misplaced or the CFCB IC process is being misrepresented by individuals intent on damaging the club's reputation and its commercial interests. Or both.
"Manchester City's published accounts are full and complete and a matter of legal and regulatory record. The accusation of financial irregularities are entirely false, and comprehensive proof of this fact has been provided to the CFCB IC."
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

BRING IT ON!!!! Empty Re: BRING IT ON!!!!

Post by ManCityMan Tue May 14, 2019 1:04 pm

Is anyone surprised that this "leak" has suddenly been reported just after we have won a back to back title and 4 days before we have a cup final?
UEFA are as corrupt as FIFa and have the hypocrisy to point the finger at City for alleged offences? The club trusted them to keep the wraps on this while it was under investigation, this shows the level of their own corruption, disgusting organisation, they are mere puppets on a string being manipulated by certain major European clubs and we all know who they are!
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 14, 2019 5:24 pm

And PSG who were totally guilty got away with it because UEFA didn't file the papers in time.

I'm really not arsed, I hope they ban us and we absolutely tear them a new arsehole in the courts just for the crack.

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Tue May 14, 2019 5:58 pm

Exactly mate , hence my comment “ bring it on”  I would love to see those wankers trying to justify banning us in a court of law.
Incidentally, for those unaware,the New York Times is the second biggest shareholder of Liverpool F.C.!
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue May 14, 2019 8:10 pm

Incidentally, for those unaware, the owners of the NYT sold their shares several years ago WinkWinkWink
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Wed May 15, 2019 3:17 am

I may be very naïve here but I keep having this nagging question which I have yet to see answered.  Everywhere I read it states City had an over inflated sponsorship deal with Etihad claiming Stadium naming rights and shirt sponsorship amongst other things.

My Question is: What then is the accurate figure for these said lines of sponsorship?  is there a guideline which says you can only sponsor for x amount rather like a retail price index guide ? 

If it does exist then my next question is: Who then sets this figure if it exists?
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Wed May 15, 2019 6:57 am

So, how long before the dippers start clambering for us to have our titles written off as we have supposedly not been as wholesome as their sainted club; and any team that finished as runners up to us were handed our trophies?
They really are that desperate.

titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed May 15, 2019 12:54 pm

skyblueoz wrote:I may be very naïve here but I keep having this nagging question which I have yet to see answered.  Everywhere I read it states City had an over inflated sponsorship deal with Etihad claiming Stadium naming rights and shirt sponsorship amongst other things.

My Question is: What then is the accurate figure for these said lines of sponsorship?  is there a guideline which says you can only sponsor for x amount rather like a retail price index guide ? 

If it does exist then my next question is: Who then sets this figure if it exists?
The sponsorship wasn't over inflated at all. It was a new type of sponsorship which included naming rights, academy development and shirt sponsorship. I think naming rights were worth £5M a season and shirt sponsorship £25M. You could argue they were at the high end (given where City were coming from) but they would have been more or less at market value. Incidentally, they were below market value by the time we won our first PL title.

I believe the issue that you are referring to is who actually paid the money for these sponsorship deals. The claim is that our owner paid most of the money to Etihad and they then paid the money to City. Once UEFA were satisfied that the figures were at MV and that Etihad and Man City weren't related parties, I don't believe it actually matters that Sheikh Mansour may have paid the bulk of the money himself.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed May 15, 2019 4:42 pm

I've seen a response from the club in regard to the article in the NYT.  They don't sound overly happy and are suggesting that either UEFA have breached their promise to not discuss the review before they reach a conclusion and/or that they are not as impartial as they should be.  I tried to post it earlier, but it kept failing and now I can't be bothered...

Apparently the NYT have retracted the statement about the source being "close to the investigation", but I've not seen that yet.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed May 15, 2019 8:23 pm

The NYT changed their story ever so slightly after City put out their statement saying wither UEFA leaked the story or the reporter made up the story or a bit of both.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Thu May 16, 2019 11:01 am

[size=34]Manchester City Football Club is disappointed, but regrettably not surprised, by the sudden announcement of the referral to be made by the CFCB IC Chief Investigator Yves Leterme.[/size]

The leaks to media over the last week are indicative of the process that has been overseen by Mr. Leterme.
Manchester City is entirely confident of a positive outcome when the matter is considered by an independent judicial body. 
The accusation of financial irregularities remains entirely false and the CFCB IC referral ignores a comprehensive body of irrefutable evidence provided by Manchester City FC to the Chamber. 
The decision contains mistakes, misinterpretations and confusions fundamentally borne out of a basic lack of due process and there remain significant unresolved matters raised by Manchester City FC as part of what the Club has found to be a wholly unsatisfactory, curtailed, and hostile process.
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Radley Thu May 16, 2019 2:23 pm

Really positive language coming out of the club on this, I expect City to come out on top even if they have to go to appeal to get there. Much more likely to be punished for breaching financial rules on the signing of young players - a 1 or 2 transfer window ban on new signings which won’t be in time to affect the current window.
Blue Radley
Blue Radley
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Strange Blue Thu May 16, 2019 7:48 pm

(1) There have clearly been leaks to the press & that demonstrates the investigations lack of impartiality.
(2) The investigation has not even been concluded & the only reason it is being referred now is that is nearing the 5 year deadline that has previously been established.
Hope MCFC take it all the way & not only defend this charge, but counter sue.
Strange Blue
Strange Blue
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17, 2019 10:48 am

2. above SB absolutely, they are such amateurs it would seem.   Our legal team will have fun then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Fri May 17, 2019 11:59 am

the BBC reports on it today are still reading along the lines of "this is what will happen to City"..
they seem to really try and stay away from the part where it could either be all made up, going over old ground, or shoddy investigations/bent officials going against us...

.. so basically trying to stick the boot in whilst they can.
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat May 18, 2019 8:59 am

If you wish to know more about it:

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Sat May 18, 2019 9:39 am

had a flick through about 15 mins of this whilst kids in the bath last night, very insightful.. good stuff mate.
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Strange Blue Sat May 18, 2019 2:36 pm

Finally able to watch it all the way through. Interesting stuff, I think the last possibility is likely CAS through out the case due to lack of due process & UEFA just throws up its hands and says “well we tried lads”
Strange Blue
Strange Blue
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Mon May 20, 2019 11:56 am

The BBC love to post articles showing City in a bad light, they stuck the Allez Allez Allez story front and centre on their football page when it emerged, no proper investigation to check the authenticity of the allegations by dipper fans that it related to Hillsborough and/or the boy that died. Any City fan would have given a different version as to the story behind the song but either they weren’t asked or the BBC weren’t interested.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down