Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Is football dead, or just seriously ill? EmptyToday at 7:08 pm by shakencity

» Have it - Four in a row
Is football dead, or just seriously ill? EmptyToday at 12:39 pm by titbumwilly

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
Is football dead, or just seriously ill? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
Is football dead, or just seriously ill? EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Is football dead, or just seriously ill? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Is football dead, or just seriously ill? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Is football dead, or just seriously ill? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Is football dead, or just seriously ill? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Is football dead, or just seriously ill? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Is football dead, or just seriously ill? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Is football dead, or just seriously ill?

+4
Paulpowersleftfoot
skyblueoz
shakencity
titbumwilly
8 posters

Go down

Is football dead, or just seriously ill? Empty Is football dead, or just seriously ill?

Post by titbumwilly Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:36 pm

Well there certainly seems to be a lack of interest on this forum for football discussion.
Since the last (non prediction league) post there has been a CL game and the announcement of the impending departure of one of the greatest and iconic players to ever pull on a City shirt, and yet no comments on here for either.
I thought I was in the minority with my disillusioned view of football at present, but it seems that everyone else appears to have the same lack of interest.
I never realised how much I would miss the simple pleasure of having a couple of pints before a game and then sharing the ups and downs of a City performance with (sometimes) relative strangers!
These are sad days indeed.
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Is football dead, or just seriously ill? Empty Re: Is football dead, or just seriously ill?

Post by shakencity Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:05 pm

This lockdown certainly is effecting everyone Ian....I for one can't bring arsed with a lot of things at the minute, fingers crossed that improves as we exit these restrictions slowly bit sure.

Oh and for the record, I'm devastated but not surprised by the Aguero news last night - really hope Haaland (or Kane) is his replacement. 

Missing meeting up at Wembley this year too - here's hoping we get there next year then.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Is football dead, or just seriously ill? Empty Re: Is football dead, or just seriously ill?

Post by titbumwilly Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:31 pm

I just hope Sergio gets a deserved send off at some point, and I will certainly be there.
Gutted about him going, but I think the timing is right.
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:52 pm

sorry been a bit too busy with easter. as there are no club games the international break bores the arse of me. i find myself only checking too see if city get any serious injuries or not. 

Gutted also about sergio going but feel the same as i did for David silva. Just hoping the remaining part of the season sees sergio shine culminating in a champions league medal and a quadruple. Far fetched i know but would be most deserving and something that probably will never happen again.

Lets win for sergio.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:01 pm

Can’t get into watching football on tv 
Bores the life out of me
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:03 am

good job you don't live here then rich? That's what we city fans in this part of the world live for. Live  TV coverage of all city games.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:32 pm

Gutted to see Sergio will be leaving at the end of the season but it was inevitable.
Always gut-wrenching to see one of our greatest players leaving after a long time with the club, David Silva was another.
This leads me to something I read about on another forum. Somebody suggested that when things get back to normal and full crowds are back, the club should stage an El Magico 11 v Kun 11 at the Etihad to honour both of these legendary City heroes. thoughts?
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:21 pm

Don't know about a game, but they certainly should be brought back at some point👍
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:12 am

Can't get into men's footy at the moment - still watch City but even that's a struggle at times.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:04 pm

I’ve watched the odd game, but I’ve been disillusioned with a lot of things and it’s not just the pandemic. I was diagnosed with depression a couple of years ago, which has had a real impact on my enjoyment of anything. Between that and giving up my season ticket (which was for unrelated reasons, primarily the fact it took me three days to physically recover from being at matches in colder weather), I’ve lost the level of interest I once had. I’m not enjoying being old and knackered...
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:25 am

Sorry to hear that Leo - you have been a great contributor on this forum.  I hope you have been prescribed some meds to help with the depression.  Someone close to me me suffers from depression and anxiety but has made headway with meds etc.  I hope you will continue to post on here - our ranks are sadly depleting and you always made me laugh when you weren't being serious and your postds were interesting and enjoyable.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:50 pm

Thanks Wensdi. I’m not entirely sure what happened on here during my extended absence, but I’ve noticed a few regulars have disappeared and that’s sad. But I guess it happens.

As for me, I’m on meds and they’ve taken the edge off a bit, so it’s something I can deal with. And rather perversely, losing my job last month has put me in a better place, as the severance package has cleared my debts and I’m no longer having to drag myself to do a job I don’t enjoy. I’m enjoying a bit of a proper break before hitting the job market.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:52 am

My wife also takes anti depressants and lost her job due to covid in April 2020. She like you leo seems to have turned it into a positive. Whilst her income was handy for our standard of living it was not an absolute necessity. We can survive without it. As many of you know she has an incurable auto immune disease, but has become the west Australia co-ordinator of the illness she suffers from. She organises get togethers with like minded people, talks from companies whose products assist sufferers, she contributes the WA News to the national newsletter . basically she has busied herself in a voluntary capacity which has helped her through her anxieties. whilst she still has dark moments they are less frequent which helps me as i can go to work with confidence knowing that when i get home she will not have done anything crazy.

Just thought i'd share that to let you know there are many people going through the same thing and by talking and opening up a greater understanding of the issues can be gained. 

My wife hates talking to me about it as she feels i do not understand and therefore i cant help.I,in turn get frustrated because i don't understand and think logically that no problem can be too great and that there must be answer. She hates it when i say "don't worry about it"? especially, when she has said something i feel is trivial yet it is a major issue for her.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down