Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Transfer business - good or bad? EmptyToday at 11:22 am by TMG

» Pep’s at it again
Transfer business - good or bad? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Transfer business - good or bad? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Transfer business - good or bad? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Transfer business - good or bad? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Transfer business - good or bad? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Transfer business - good or bad? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Transfer business - good or bad? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Transfer business - good or bad? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Transfer business - good or bad? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Transfer business - good or bad?

5 posters

Go down

Transfer business - good or bad? Empty Transfer business - good or bad?

Post by Topdawg Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:24 pm

How would you rate our summer transfer business?

We knew Gundo was leaving and Laporte would probably leave as well. Mahrez was a little unexpected but who would turn down about £25m a year?

Bernardo has extended. Lewis has extended. Aké has extended. Walker will extend/has extended.

We've got ourselves a bargain with Kovacic and Gvardiol looks half decent as well. Doku and Nunes, we'll need to wait and see. 

We've also offloaded a load of kids that will bring us in over £100M. Sorry to see Cole Palmer leave, but Pep didn't really trust him and the kid couldn't wait any longer (he's 21yo). James Trafford to Burnley, Shea Charles to Southampton, Carlos Borges to Ajax and lots of smaller deals. 

I would have loved for us to sign Mitoma or Kvaratskhelkia but there's always next summer when Bernardo leaves (which he will for £50M).

I'd rate this summer as 8.5 out of 10.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Transfer business - good or bad? Empty Re: Transfer business - good or bad?

Post by TMG Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:53 pm

Overall pretty good. Guardiol looks great and very impressed with how Kovacic has settled in. Not sure about Nunes. Wolves fans are saying he had 1 good game for them last season so I don’t know why we paid £53 million and not sure we actually need him - but in Pep we trust. Doku as you say is unknown but he’ll have to be outstanding to be played above Silva. 
I would have preferred to keep Palmer rather than buy Nunes as I feel Palmer offers something different and the odd moment of brilliance but if he wants to sit on Chelsea’s bench rather than ours then I suppose £45 million is a decent price.
Would have like to see Borges have a go in our first team. He looked superb for the youngsters last season.
Hopefully McAtee will either stay or go on loan again to Sheff United & have a great season with them before coming back next season and being given a crack like Foden was.
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:26 pm

McAtee on loan to Sheff Utd and THB gone on loan to Southampton with obligation to buy if they get promoted. City wanted to sell THB but no one matched their valuation.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:06 am

I'm not sure about the window to be honest but then i always seem to have that feeling of trepidation every season. Gvardiol looks a really good buy so to i must admit does Kovacic. Doku is a raw talent hopefully we refine and not stifle. Nunes is the stop gap cover for KDB from what I'm led to believe, Without the range of passing but all other aspects seem on par. Wolves fans were underwhelmed, but to be fair playing in their team and slotting into a pep system are two totally different things, So i will judge more once we have seen him bed in. I must admit I wasn't too impressed with his temperament. Especially his antics at not getting the move initially and his sending off v Brighton. The Kids are a different matter whilst i accept that it is brilliant to make money on them I do get a feeling of what if when we sell players with Potential. Cole being one, All i hear is he didn't play at all last season until the end which i find rather lame as if anyone was to do a bit of research would see he was a long term injury. I do agree Chelsea seems a really odd team to sign for given they have 12 players for 6 positions in cole's preferred role. I dont get it with city we have a very small playing squad each season supplemented by kids who get on the bench but very rarely get on the park and 3 keepers named in the squad with a couple of injuries 3 this week leaves us with a matchday squad of 19.  McAttee i am glad is to be given a season in the prem with sheffield Utd. I hope he really does well then hopefully he can become another Foden. I'm with you ref Borges and also it annoys me Pep comes out with how good these youngsters are only for the club to sell them. Lavia, Edozie, Charles, Doyle, Harwood-Bellis to name a few. I know the latter 2 are only loans but i don't hold out any hope of them playing for City. Surely if Pep doesn't rate Phillips it would have made sense to give Doyle an opportunity there? 

Sorry it has been a bit long winded but those are my views.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:48 pm

Pretty good Ray but question marks hang over Nunez and Doku for me.....so let's see how they get on.

£42.5m for Cole was a brucey too, as I personally didn't rate him.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Nijinsky Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm

I’m glad it’s not just me, I thought Cole was a bit like the emperors new clothes.

Other than that agree with most of the comments about the new recruits
Nijinsky
Nijinsky
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down